Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XBOX1

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
PRO: The fact your friend limit is 1000.

CON: The fact that the Kinect is not spying on you. It can listen for a command phrase to turn itself on all the way, but there no reason to have the camera always on. Perhaps the biggest CON is that Kinect comes standard with it, forcing it on everyone, and allegedly needs to be connected for XO to work. We'll have to wait until someone posts a hands on video or something. I don't have a problem with any of that but it seems like they took their name "ONE" and went too far with it.

PRO Bonus: XO may have a lower percentage of screaming children and other irational people, and they'll likely be playing with each other.

Reactions: KoG 33RD

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Im looking forward to xbox one but i absolutely hate the name because now everytime i mention an xbox one game i have to be specific and say "Original". Cant wait for titan fall or Battlefield 4

XGC Joven

Forum Junkie
Jul 20, 2013
Waterloo, NY
PRO: 1000 Friend Limit and the Voice Recognition which could deter young children (Thank god)

CON: That it needs to Kinect to do everything, Although the features are amazing so it's not a full 100% con lol

MR E1astic

Forum Nub
Jul 6, 2013
Pro: Definitely the amazing graphics really looking forward too seeing that.

Con: Not too sure about there new remote design I know things are only shifted but not sure how it is going to feel gaming. Along with the lack of compatibility for 360 games.

I think it will be a wait and see if they fix it then get it console.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
PRO: 1000 Friend Limit and the Voice Recognition which could deter young children (Thank god)

Not quite sure what you mean by that. (Prevent them from turning off the console?)

Con: the fact that your xbox 360 games are not compatible

It was necessary but I'd still have kept a 360 and not really use the backwards compatibility anyway. Ok maybe a little bit depending on it's Pros and Cons. Remember the 360s compatibility to the Xbox. It just didn't feel right sometimes.

Con: Not too sure about there new remote design I know things are only shifted but not sure how it is going to feel gaming.

I think it will be a wait and see if they fix it then get it console.

Seems a wise choice to wait and see for either console. Still waiting on those fireworks, Sony.

Last edited:

XGC Joven

Forum Junkie
Jul 20, 2013
Waterloo, NY

Not quite sure what you mean by that. (Prevent them from turning off the console?)

It was necessary but I'd have still kept a 360 and not really used the backwards compatibility anyway. Ok maybe a little bit depending on it's Pros and Cons. Remember the 360s compatibility to the Xbox. It just didn't feel right sometimes.

Seems a wise choice to wait and see for either console. Still waiting on those fireworks, Sony.

Well they had mentioned before that if kids went to play certain games the Xbox One wouldn't let them...

SkullBoyCarlos

Forum Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Miami, FL
Pro: that new sexy controller, update on graphics, more servers.

Con: no backward compatibility with 360 games. so many great games that you can no longer play and or get those last achievements.

Remi S.

Forum Star
Jul 16, 2013
Pro: Graphics, high friend limit
Con: No backwards compatibility, the whole Kinect thing, the price, the controller costing $75, always online, no cross platform compatibility(can't play and chat with 360 users), Turtle Beaches made for 360 won't work on it. Basically everything that's not a Pro. Not sure if the last two are actually true, but I've been hearing it.

Wish they'd make a simplified version that just plays video games and has Netflix and Hulu. Don't need all that extra home entertainment stuff.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Pro: Graphics, high friend limit
Con: No backwards compatibility, the whole Kinect thing, the price, the controller costing $75, always online, no cross platform compatibility (can't play and chat with 360 users), Turtle Beaches made for 360 won't work on it. Basically everything that's not a Pro. Not sure if the last two are actually true, but I've been hearing it.
Where did you see the controllers cost that much? I guess the built-in battery may account for that but it's still a bit steeper than the usual $60. Always on may still be optional, but it just allows it to update, and not have to reboot. I could pause my game, put it in hibernation, snap it back on, and continue my game, for example. Also you can just unplug if it doesn't have an option.

I think it has cross platform compatibility for chat, but no I don't think you can play 360s Destiny with any other platforms Destiny and vice-versa.

I'm sorry if the Turtle Beaches don't work. Back to pros and cons.

Pro: By virtue of its HDMI in/passthrough, the Xbox One will have some interesting companion apps for your favorite live TV shows and sports, while the PS4 is limited to streaming.

Con:The PS4, with its one, big block of fast RAM, and bigger GPU, probably has the edge.

Remi S.

Forum Star
Jul 16, 2013

Where did you see the controllers cost that much? I guess the built-in battery may account for that but it's still a bit steeper than the usual $60.

Sorry about that. Someone quoted an article(or shall I say, mis-quoted) and I did not check to make sure. It's still 60. 75 if you buy with the charge kit.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
I thought they built in the battery. I'll have to look into it and find out how legitimate and how they came across this info, probably from a retail. Can you reserve accessories this early? If so, mystery solved, I think.

Update: It just comes with a battery compartment. Just as well, I got a ton of alkaline batteries just for paying my phone bill at Radio Shack.

Edit: "Batteries fit inside the controller body, allowing your hands more room to naturally grip the controller." I looked on Xbox.com and confirmed a few things. The good news is it's using Lithium ion instead of the two AA nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries inside a sealed casing.

I've got a lot to say, so... WALL OF TEXT!!!

Pro: Smart Match, Xbox One’s revolutionary multi-player matchmaking system. Completely re-engineered for a new generation of gaming, Smart Match uses advanced algorithms to pair players based on skill, language, and now reputation. That means you play people that are most like you. And best of all, you no longer have to wait in lobbies while a match is found. Feel free to play a game, watch TV, or listen to music while we find your perfect match. Then you can jump in instantly. And thanks to the power of the cloud, your favorite matches are always running behind the scenes, so you can quickly find the people you like to play with most.

Con: They presented Xbox One with one option, and failed to explain and emphasize it's Pros and Cons. A safe thing to do is present multiple options to prevent excluding particular customers. Boldly though, they went with one package and one plan, which has the benefit of trying to force conformity and security. Remember when Nintendo forced the Wii-Mote as the standard and it caused some uproar.

consolewar1-640x360.png

I think Microsoft took that to the next level and did that same basic thing in multiple ways. Whether it works out like it did for Nintendo remains to be seen, but what concerns me is their one plan. They should have had 2 plans if possible or explain why they couldn't have two plans. Now they've switched the plan because of the feedback they've received of the original plans cons. The people that weren't bothered by the cons and were intrigued by the pros may be fewer but they may have been at least a little bummed out.

Certainly all this isn't deal breaking unless you can't handle the drama, which many exclaim proudly for their own reasons. It would be sad to see some go, but as long as there is plenty of cool people to play with, I'll manage. A question remains, how this fiasco will effect matchmaking. Some might say there'll be less irrationals like screaming children, while others think it may effect matchmaking times.

Forcing Kinect is negligible because in theory, it should be easy to get around, but it's not what I would have done. Then again, I'm not trying to make Kinect games able to reach new audiences, and being bold can payoff despite the critics.

Last edited: