Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

XBOX TALKING ABOUT BEING BANNED IN U.S.?

Winna Pegga

Forum Member
May 7, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I hear theres talk of the 360 getting banned in the us. I understand it's because of Motorola and how Microsoft is using the technology and now Motorola had enough of them or something like that right? But since the U.S. and Canada are the same continent that would mean that the ban would come to Canada I would imagine.
If anyone has input on this please feel free to say so.
My input that in the future for all the people who play Xbox based games will turn to do bad things like drugs and will make the world a bad place, there's far worse things that the stupid government should worry about and Motorola should suck it up and be thankful to be apart of Microsoft's success. I can see Microsoft giving them some money but why shut the 360 down, that's just wrong and who would want to hold a funny feeling playstation controller? Not me that's for sure, Id be going back to nintendo NOT WII(to lazy for that) and playing Donkey Kong since Halo, the only game I care about will go to sh**.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
The only products under "threat" are the 4gb slim console and the 250gb slim console. If a ban is upheld microsoft could simply manufacture new consoles which do not contain the hardware in question and thus problem solved.
Not as a big deal as it has been made out to be, the most that is likely to happen is a slight price increase across MS xbox products.

xxThanatosx89

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2011
In the woods
Few ivy your sense kept me from seppuku but still they can't just ban a system unless we go lame *** communist on everyone so as long as theirs common sense in the gov't well still have that balance between gaming and "things like drugs"

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Well that depends...

1274283707-robin_hood_men_in_tights2.jpg

Winna Pegga

Forum Member
May 7, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So the 360 won't get banned except the slim consoles? And if the 360 does get banned all together then wouldn't they shut down live and discontinue games since there's no consoles made anymore?

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
Motorola: 13.929 billion

Microsoft: 108.7 billion

Thus, I think he was comparably speaking.

What this law suit means is that Motorola is trying to get leverage to get back what is owed and/or what they think is owed to them by Microsoft.

It may or may not cause so much as a hiccup in the 360 supply.

They'll settle & it'll be like it never happened.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-23/motorola-mobility-wins-ruling-in-microsoft-xbox-patent-case.html

Depends on the market in which you are talking about. In certain markets Motorola will be much larger than MS. Also you have to consider intellectual property owned by each of the firms so for example MS is most likely minuscule compared to Motorola in the mobile devices market.