Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHY DOES THE HOST GET SPECIAL POWERS?

XGC FAILSAFE

Carpel Tunnel
Jul 30, 2008
Where the green grass is
Host dont get any special powers....depending on how far away from the host you are it might seem he has special powers. Its nothing but a little lag. Like say you live on the west coast and i live on the east coast. If i was sniping and you were also sniping and we shot at the same time i would your shot would hit first everytime if you were host. Because whats happening on the hosts xbox is really happening because his xbox is acting as the server...but depending on how far away you live from him depends on how fast the information on your xbox is sent to his and computed and then sent back...so its all lag, thats why i like server based games.

Fillyy

Banned
Jul 3, 2009
WI
Maybe the people you played with modded to look like bungie members. With flaming heads and all.

And the only thing where the host get special powers is in halo 3. The host can shoot down birds.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
I couldnt say the same about Bungie players on halo 3. I swear they mod. I beat a match with them 2 and never got my armor!
Welll... that kinda depends on a few things.

1) Was it Bungie vs. The World day? Thats the only day your guarentee'd it just by beating them in-game.

2) Have you ever been banned in any way? Those who have been were basically told not to even try because they werent going to reward any of them w/ Recon.

Either way, gotta agree w/ failsafe. Its nothing but lag in some respect

XGC jordorunway

Forum Nerd
Jun 21, 2009
Somerset, Ky
www.myspace.com
the only game i've actually seen host get "special powers" was gears of war. Me and my friend actually tested it to see how it worked. Host in gears of war actually gets a power boost. we stood next to each and both shot our shot guns at the same time (i was host), and he died and i lived. We live right down the street from each other.