Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A CLAN MATE, TEAMMATE, OR FRIEND?

xXDoomdog

Forum Noob
May 8, 2012
Ohio
I think the loyalty and respect are two of the most important things a friend can have. Having a teammate with loyalty will give you a teammate who will stay with you through good games and bad games, just as a friend will stay through good times and bad. If a clan mate treats his (or her) fellow gamers with respect then they can expect to get the same thing back. What do the forum-goers think about this?

INK

Forum Veteran
someone who isn't annoying, someone easy to get along with, someone easily likable. Thats who i recruit. if i can't get along with you most of the time i won't recruit you, unless its for someone elses benefit. but as far as loyalty, if we lose one game and they dip out every time they obviously aren't a friend. respect is what our community as a whole is about, if they don't got that there won't even be consideration.

Reactions: x1776

XGC Traitor XC

The Queen's CoD Player
COMMUNITY LEADER
XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
Tournament Admin
Jul 15, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Someone I'd hang out with in real life. I find it difficult to recruit people who I don't mesh with personality-wise. Now, if another member of my clan were to recruit the same person I don't mesh with, I'd work a little harder to try to get along. It never hurts if the potential recruit is good at the game and a good teammate...

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Loyalty, Industriousness, Cooperation, & Enthusiasm are the Basics of what I'd want from anyone. Friendship may come but isn't as necessary of a Clan-mate or Team-mate.

Everything else can be built upon these foundations through practice, training, & learning.

Lockdown013

Forum Nub
May 12, 2012
talkative, doesnt play to win (although it adds to the fun) and just plays to have fun with others. that and a good joke in between games

xxThanatosx89

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2011
In the woods
I never set out to recruit anyone and when I do they disappear after awhile the best way to get quality members is to develop a friendship with someone you can trust and play with them for a few weeks to get to know them better dorky Sarah ak Kronik gm stink pickle are all people I met playing in random games I played with them for weeks before I asked them if they wanted to join.
Recruiting shouldn't be a blind date should try and build a relationship with the person before to know if they are right with XG. The worst thing is recruiting random people who will bail on you the moment something better arrives

SBZ DARKHELMET

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Houston, TX
Keeping my friends list below 100 after as long as Ive had this account, you have to make tough decisions when removing people for another new person. As I said in my OP skill will get you on the list, maturity covers a lot of bases, and activity determines those who stay on it.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Yeah, I base removing friends on who's been offline the longest, & how well I know them.

Even then, I usually put their tags on either my computer and/or my notebook(paper).

One characteristic I appreciate in addition to what I look for in people is Self-Control.

It's most essential for discipline & mastery of emotions.

This makes communication easy, & difficult situations more fun & less rage quit.