Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WATCH YOUR PASSWORDS

XGC BULLETHED

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 7, 2007
CINCINNATI
www.xiledgaming.com
A couple of times now i have been locked out of xboxlive.com due to someone trying to sign in with the wrong password. This also locked me out of windows live and put me on the phone for an hour to resolve the issue. Of course they wouldnt give me the ip of the computer trying to access the account but it did happen. Watch your passwords and try to change them monthly if possible. Stealing info is getting easier for some and thats the last item most of us want to deal with. If you feel your passwords are too easy then create a new one. Add numbers and capitals to make it even harder to steal. Just fyi hopefully it saves some people some headaches.

Reactions: KoG YoMoMmA

KoG YoMoMmA

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 25, 2007
Pennsylvania
Word of the wise! To easily solve this problem...DO NOT give out your email to anyone or make it viewable...even on here. I would only recommend not showing your actual hotmail email though! The others are fine but this is one of many attempts recently with people messing with friends accounts because they read some nub forum on the internet that tells them how to do stupid stuff like this! Can I get an AMEN!?!?

KoG STEALTH

Carpel Tunnel
Apr 29, 2007
Whittier CA.
I think its stupid you cant even play games anymore without worrying about if you account is going to get hacked. Now you got to watch your stuff if you on xbox.com!!! WOW

XGC MEGA XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 21, 2007
VA
Passphrases instead of passwords, definitely no dictionary words, with numbers, symbols, and capital letters mixed in.

But good heads up, Bullet.

XGC The Seeker

Forum Rookie
Apr 5, 2007
If they get your account they don't hack it they use social engineering and talk someone at xbl customer support to give them your password. however strong passwords are a must to have plus keep your email address private.