Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VIDEO OF THE WEEK CONTEST!!

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Since our Multimedia is a little slack and I would like to kinda of get things in the video productions moving. I would Like to use this forum as a VIDEO OF THE WEEK. Now everyone can enter this using the powers at hand in both COD Black Ops and Halo Reach. You don't have to have a capture or anything, just use the theater mode to record and render your clips. There are plenty of TUTs up to help you out.

Basic Rules:
*Music must be PG-13 and Language must be PG-13
*Post videos in this thread directly.
*2 Video Submits a week allow by any one person.
*Every Saturday (Starting 12/11/2010) Me and a couple other will look through the videos that are posted in the forum and select a top 3-5 video and then Post a Poll, for the XG Community to vote on which they think is the best! (I will try and get the news out before the General Meetings about who was the weekly winner)
*You can re-enter a non winning video, but please don't re-enter a first place video again.
*Videos must be under 30 secs as to keep it fair for everyone using theater mode to have equal length.
*Have fun and enjoy this contest!

Hopefully the admins will see the activity in the forum and either Sticky it. Also, I will hopefully get a separate Space to have the video of the week posted (hopefully main page or close to it) So every vistor will see that video of the week when they come to the site)

Reactions: XGC BLUNTx

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
For the first week lets just make it any cool clip. Then, if we have a good response to it, we will see if everyone wants to do a themed one. Oh just for a little incentive the first weeks winner will win 100 Microsoft Points, suppiled by me! I know it ain't alot but I ain't rich!! LOL

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Here is the Ranking for this Week's Entry's:

1) XGC Blunt XS- Grenade to the Head!
2) XGC Synder462- Tomahawk to the Face
3) XGC DX- Bounce Tomahawk

Congratulations to XGC Blunt XS for being the first Video of the Week winner and the Winner of 100 Microsoft Points!!

Next week's theme as suggested that we should have one! Tomahawks Kills! Everyone submit your best of either head on tomahawks, multi-hawks, or the Best of the Best Bounce-Hawks!

*Good News* Forgot to add that there is still a 100 Microsoft Point Winning for next week!!

Last edited:

XGC SHOTTA

Forum Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Columbus, GA
So here is the situation. This was a game of Sticks and Stones, Highroller of course, so there is 20000 credits up for grabs. After going from first to last, my only desire is to make sure the person in first place pays for bunkrupting me. With only 5 seconds left in the game, I find who I'm looking for...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/68926D4D025A25F7?hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/68926D4D025A25F7?hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUZUYl7s6cA&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUZUYl7s6cA&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Reactions: XGC CookeMnster

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
So I was deffinatly hoping to see some more action on this thread and then it occured that maybe people didn't know how to use the theater mode to capture a video.

Basically,

1. Select the Video you want to make a clip from
  2. Play the video till you find the clip you want to save
  3. Press X (on the xbox) to being your record. (Make sure that the scene is playing or else you will get a slight pause at the beginning of your video)
  4. You can record from differnt angles (1st, 3rd, Free Roam) so remember you can shoot multiple angles of the same shot to get the full effect
  5. Once you have cut the clip down to less than 30 seconds, you should save it to a file share slot.
  6. Once it is saved you end the film and return to the theater main opition screen
  7. Load the clip from your file share
  8. Select the render opition on the left side menu.
  9. Once it is rendered, go to www.callofduty.com and sign up. Here you can link your youtube account to your profile or just select your video from their youtube page.
  10. Once you have found your clip, Copy and paste the URL (aka the www.youtube.com/...) into a post in the fourms.
  11. IF you clip doesn't show up once you post, edit your post and delete the [/B]and[B] [/URL ][/B]and it shoul...inner of the Video of the Week!! [/B][/COLOR]

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC

XGC CookeMnster

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 19, 2010
Wilmington, NC
So here is my video of the week for me!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yY8EB7hdHo"]YouTube - Bounce Tomahawk[/ame]

But for this weeks winners!!!

1) XGC DX- Bounce Tomahawk
2) XGC Shotta- Final Kill
3) XGC Snyder462

Congratulations XGC DX for winning this weeks video of the week. The next contest will be a 2 week challenge, Best Explosive Kill Cam. (Stickies, Claymores, Frags, C4, Crossbow) There will be another 100 point prize for the winner!! Best of luck!