Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TO SEASON PASS OR NOT TO SEASON PASS THAT IS THE QUESTION...

B0BAFETT

Forum Star
Dec 20, 2012
Lighthouse Point
Okay, so as I understand it, if you purchase the season pass for Black Ops 2 you save $10 over the long term. I have not purchased one yet. For the fact that over the pass some map packs have been total crap. I understand the savings but to be honest I'd rather wait until the pack came out for a few days and judge accordingly. Usually the 1st two packs are usually high quality :Dand outstanding and the latter ones are lower in quality. :mad: So what do you all think?? :cool:

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
I bit the bullet and bought the pass. Wish I hadn't. I doubt that all 4 DLC packs will be worth the $50, but this way, I guess I can DL everything regardless, and worry about whats "quality" later. The peacemaker is what sold me, In an ignorant fit of enthusiasm

I think its a smart move to hold off for now, simply because, as you said it, the first 2 packs are usually quality, while the remaining ones, well.... nurp! Its a great move on Treyarchs part because of fools like me, who blindly bought the whole package before seeing everything thats included. We have no idea if the 3rd/4th packs will be a map with a lone cow sitting in a field, or some trailer-park in Oklahoma (...that would actually be awesome)... but ya. Its totally unknown and Treyarchs hoping your love for the game/franchise is enough to get you to buy it.

Theres also the fact that when the future DLC comes out, another new/exciting game may be the craze, and you won't even be interested in Blops2 anymore....

Damn my implusiveness! Oh well, at least I have the uber sweet Deuces callsign now... LOL

B0BAFETT

Forum Star
Dec 20, 2012
Lighthouse Point
Syn Black I did the impulse buy with the Gears of War 3 season pass. Although I did love the game I honestly still haven't played the 1st expansion dlc they had. I just hope that Treyarch are consistant with their map packs. The 1st Black ops packs were fairly solid.

KoG Deadpool

Forum Veteran
Feb 4, 2013
Okay, so as I understand it, if you purchase the season pass for Black Ops 2 you save $10 over the long term. I have not purchased one yet. For the fact that over the pass some map packs have been total crap. I understand the savings but to be honest I'd rather wait until the pack came out for a few days and judge accordingly. Usually the 1st two packs are usually high quality :Dand outstanding and the latter ones are lower in quality. :mad: So what do you all think?? :cool:
wit blops2 u dont sav 10.00 its actually a rip off.

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Yes the season Pass is a great deal if you plan on buying all the map packs. After playing the DLC for black ops 1 i think that treyarch will come through with their sequel. When it comes to purchasing DLC you you always gotta expect at least 1 map in the pack you don't like. But that's just when I comes to multiplayer. If your a zombies fan the maps are always fun to play on i think you wont be dissapointed

ExgFrost

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2013
south carolina
i agree the maps are usually garbage that they put out but l think its more of a fifty fifty with black ops two i mean i did it for black ops and loved the new terminal so you never know what kind of surprise you will end up with. so just bite the bullet and save some dough in the process