Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TO CHEAT OR NOT TO CHEAT???

XGC Daft5150

Forum Veteran
Jan 24, 2008
Slidell, La
that is the question.. is it cheating if you have a party chat open on the dashboard. lets say we all jump into a search and destroy match on cod4 because of the private chat we can still talk to each other even after we die is that cheating or having a good advantage... :confused:please reply with your thoughts.......:cool:

XGC MEGA XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 21, 2007
VA
Crap. I hadn't even thought about people doing that.

Can you group chat while in games? That could ruin game types like Search and Destroy on CoD.

in the Microsoft terms and services, using any unfair advantage,glitch or unknown exploit to sway the outcome of the game over the other team is against the code of conduct. I guess it is subject to interpretation...

This is why I don't play the strategy games like S&D, sabotage, CTF, headquarters or domination without a full party. If you play with a full party you don't have to worry about this.

It is bad sportsmanship, this is really no different then team killing in hardcore or letting your friends on the other team kill you to get a win. It is an unfair advantage, as the game was not designed to be played like this. Unfortunetly the game was designed prior to the launch of NXE, I anticipate the developers to soon release a patch to address this.

XGC MEGA XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 21, 2007
VA
This is why I don't play the strategy games like S&D, sabotage, CTF, headquarters or domination without a full party. If you play with a full party you don't have to worry about this.

I wouldn't say you don't have to worry about it... If the other team has a full party and is all in private chat, they have a significant advantage in Search.

This won't be widespread, though. If the other team is all in the same clan and is completely silent in lobby, it's probably time to back out. ;)

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
Quite frankly everyone who is in a full party together will be doing it most likely if they play S&D. I can tell u that we played a lot of CoD yesterday and maybe 1 out of the many games we played we had some1 on the opposite team's mic come on and they all had mics. To me it's the same as calling some1 up or msging them about the location of some1. Just takes less time now. Also look at it this way, you don't have to worry about people trash talking you. CHEA!!!

xDFx Prestige

Forum Veteran
Feb 2, 2007
MICHIGAN
It's not cheating. An unfair advantage would be if the other side didnt have the ability to do the same thing as the other team or players. Since they have the ability to do party chat, it is in fact not cheating.