Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SECOND DEGREE BURN

SYN Untraceable

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 24, 2007
Redding, CA
www.myspace.com
06170812271.jpg

Yea... lets just say next time ill be a bit more careful...

XGC GR8IMDEDNOW

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2008
The Deserts of California, Really.
Untraceable -

This is summarized from the Penn State Hershey Medical Center site, however you should have the burn at least looked at by a physician to determine severity and risk of infection. After all, It's kinda tough to play if you end up losing an arm!

Hope this Helps:

"Minor burns are treated at home, while moderate and critical burns require hospital treatment. The goal of treatment for second-degree burns is to reduce pain and prevent infection. If the burn was caused by fire, and the victim’s clothing is on fire, smother any flames with a blanket or water, if available, or have the victim use the “stop, drop, and roll” method. If the burn has blisters that are not open, first remove any clothing or jewelry from the injured area. Then, hold the burned area under cool running water for around 10 minutes to stop the burning process. You can also use a clean towel or wash cloth moistened with cold water. However, don’t use ice or ice water because they will further damage the tissue. Do not break open the blisters, or there will be a greater risk of infection. If the blisters are open, don’t remove any clothing that might be stuck to the burn, and don’t run water over the burn. This will increase the risk of shock. Whether the blisters are broken or not, you can place a dry, sterile gauze pad over the burn, but do not use any bandages with adhesive. If the burned area is larger, lightly drape a clean sheet over it to protect it until you get medical treatment. It is important for the bandage to be loose so the burn gets air.

Never apply butter, oils, or burn ointments. They make it more difficult for the burn to heal and can actually make the burn worse because the heat can’t escape. Arms or legs that are burned should be kept raised to reduce the amount of swelling. If the face or neck are burned, raise the person’s head slightly. This will also help if he or she is having trouble breathing."

(Reference: http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/b/burns2.htm)

Reactions: SYN Corleone

Saxon815

Forum Noob
Jun 10, 2008
Florida
Yea I get some pretty nasty grease burns at work (restaurants) so I get small nasty ones like that every now and than. The best way I've found is to buy aloe and make sure you keep it moisturized. If you let it dry out, it'll crack and be painful. Aloe will sooth the pain and keep it moisturized enough to heal. If you iced it right away than that would have reduced the chance of blistering by a lot. It doesn't look like it's open but if it is, make sure you keep it clean. You might want to keep it loosely wrapped in sterile gauze for a while just to make sure it doesn't get infected.

I hope this helps!

*edit*
Lol, and after reading IMDED's post and realizing that everything I said was not recommended lol, I'll just add that that is the method I use and it helps. And I think what he posted was a process that you use right away rather than a "what-do-I-do-now" process.

Saxon815

Forum Noob
Jun 10, 2008
Florida
it is not just a burn, it is bubbling... that is wat makes it second degree... look at first page for picture... ill update that later...lol

Ya I saw it. Unless it gets worse, I don't think its anything to go to the hospital about. It's treatable at home. I've had one on each arm like that from hot oil and both went away fairly quickly by just wrapping it, putting aloe on it and keeping it clean.