Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

QUITTING TOBBACCO

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Ive ben trying to quit for the past year or so. Im a pack a day smoker and have ben nicotine free for 1 day now and man this s#!7 is hard anybody got any advice for ways to stay away from smoking. Or ways to substitute the habit

D

Deleted Spam Bot

tough question, it depends on the person really, how long have you been smoking?, you answered the how many packs a day.

I smoked for about 8 or 9 years before I quit. I tried the gum and patches but it never worked. Then I just decided to quit on my own and now, I have not touched a cigarette in over a year

Wag Of Beed

Forum Junkie
Dec 24, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Yea it most definately has to be your #1 priority if you intend to quit for good. If you aren't 100% dedicated to quitting, your urges and need for nicotine will always take the best of you.

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Well ive ben smoking for 4 years now and im only 18 i realize the huge health risk im putting on myself and im probly going to enlist for the military here soon so i want to be in my best health im dedicated because i spend over $1700 a year on ciggarettes and that enough to make a car payment lol. Ive ben using a toothpick to replace ciggarettes whenever i have an urge.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
Anytime you feel the erg, do your favorite hobby, when I used to have relapses at the start I switched to my guitar. You can stick with it, if you don't have a hobby per say, take pride in something you feel makes a difference and work at it.

XGC Apollo

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 26, 2013
Texas
Do some research on a drug called Chantix. It really works well. My dad had been smoking since he was 12 and was able to quit. People say that you need a strong will power to quit and i can say that he was weak in that department but he pulled through. But you still might be alittle agitated and impatient. Good Luck on your mission.

XDC BbMcGee

Forum Nerd
Jan 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I know im not the best person to give advice (I smoke) I have been trying to quit for a while now. but keep your hand/mind as busy as you can also chewing gum seems to help. Best of luck :)

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
My mom tried chantex and cried for two hours over me putting the toilet paper on backwards. Thought i didnt love her or something i wouldnt recommend it