Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PFV/RACING QUADCOPTERS

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
I have been into FPV and Racing quadcopters (Drones) for a while. I figured out of 100,000 people, I can't be the only one here that's into building and flying these things. I have built a few small FPV quads out of the cheap $10 drones from the corner drugstores. Recently I have received a racing quad that I had to repair then gave it to my wife. And, now I'm in the process of waiting on parts to finish building my Frankenstein Quad. Just trying to reach out and see if anyone else is into these, or if I am just the weirdo here.

Last edited:

SKYsw1

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 11, 2016
WASHINGTON
Funny I have 2 neither are for racing. one is FPV I got a tiny one for Christmas and then when I was over that I went out and bought a 200 dollar one and dink around with that. I still want to by the new dji phantom though.

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
I don't necessarily want to race them, I just love the fpv option paired with the speed of the racing drones. The one my wife has will get up to about 50-55 MPH. the one I am currently building should reach upwards of 60-65 MPH.

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
You can buy them ready to fly for about $275-350. Where I'm building mine the total cost was about $300, but all the parts together would equal the quality and capability of a drone that sells for about $450.

XGC Deathmouse

Forum Junkie
Nov 16, 2016
Providence, NC
I'm mechanically inclined, but i don't know about that mechanically inclined. I worked with guys that used to build their own suspension components for their jeeps. Crazy stuff man. I'm sure the frame wouldn't be too hard to make, but then you have to worry about plastic 3D printed frame vs. carbon fiber frame. And, if you have the know how on how to make your own electronics, go for it. I can do a bit of electrics, but i hate wiring issues. I can wire my own stuff, but dealing with someone else's wiring problem, you can keep it. Lol.