Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEWS TEAM APPLICATION - SYN X DAIDAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoG Daidan

General
KoG REAPERS
Jan 24, 2017
Miramar
1) Gamer Tag/User Name:
SYN x Daidan

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?
2 books, and several short stories.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?
Game reviews, patch note reviews for different games, and upcoming games to be watching for.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.
PUBG 1.0 Update:
As many of you know, the full version of PUBG recently went live on Xbox. Some of you may have gotten to try out the new features, but others have not. So, I'm going to give those people a little bit of a layout of the new features.
First and foremost, let's discuss the new map, Sanhok. This map is alot smaller than the traditional PUBG map, being a 4x4 map. This creates a way more intense game by not only forcing you to drop where there will always be someone else, but also by increasing the loot spawn where you're going to find at least one good weapon in every compound. The blue wall also has been changed to suit the smaller map by reducing the time between moving circles, and by making the wall move slower. So if you decide to land on the coast, and the safe zone is on the complete opposite side, you will have time to loot your compound and outrun the wall.
Next I want to talk about the new weapons added. The QBZ, and the QBU are both 5.56 weapons that are currently only on Sanhok. The QBZ is an AR that can completely demolish anyone in your path as long as you have the appropriate attachments. You definitely have to go for a quickdraw mag over an extended mag with this gun since it has a slower reload, a half grip will work perfectly to control the recoil, and of course a compensator to be a little mean to your enemies. The QBU is a DMR that replaces the Mini14 on Sanhok. Best used with a compensator, extended mag, your choice of sight, and by going prone to use the built in tripod that only thing gun has. If used this way the QBU is a very powerful weapon that should be feared. If used standing, the recoil might make you miss a key shot or two, so choose your shot wisely.
Finally this brings us to the new vehicle. It's a smaller truck, that has amazing handing and seems to be the only reliable vehicle on Sanhok right now. You can have this truck going it's max speed, and still control of it on any terrain.
There you have it everyone! Hope all of you enjoyed it, and I'll see you next time!

G

1) Gamer Tag/User Name:
SYN x Daidan

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?
2 books, and several short stories.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?
Game reviews, patch note reviews for different games, and upcoming games to be watching for.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.
PUBG 1.0 Update:
As many of you know, the full version of PUBG recently went live on Xbox. Some of you may have gotten to try out the new features, but others have not. So, I'm going to give those people a little bit of a layout of the new features.
First and foremost, let's discuss the new map, Sanhok. This map is alot smaller than the traditional PUBG map, being a 4x4 map. This creates a way more intense game by not only forcing you to drop where there will always be someone else, but also by increasing the loot spawn where you're going to find at least one good weapon in every compound. The blue wall also has been changed to suit the smaller map by reducing the time between moving circles, and by making the wall move slower. So if you decide to land on the coast, and the safe zone is on the complete opposite side, you will have time to loot your compound and outrun the wall.
Next I want to talk about the new weapons added. The QBZ, and the QBU are both 5.56 weapons that are currently only on Sanhok. The QBZ is an AR that can completely demolish anyone in your path as long as you have the appropriate attachments. You definitely have to go for a quickdraw mag over an extended mag with this gun since it has a slower reload, a half grip will work perfectly to control the recoil, and of course a compensator to be a little mean to your enemies. The QBU is a DMR that replaces the Mini14 on Sanhok. Best used with a compensator, extended mag, your choice of sight, and by going prone to use the built in tripod that only thing gun has. If used this way the QBU is a very powerful weapon that should be feared. If used standing, the recoil might make you miss a key shot or two, so choose your shot wisely.
Finally this brings us to the new vehicle. It's a smaller truck, that has amazing handing and seems to be the only reliable vehicle on Sanhok right now. You can have this truck going it's max speed, and still control of it on any terrain.
There you have it everyone! Hope all of you enjoyed it, and I'll see you next time!

Awesome! I'll give you two promps of your choice. Write about either of the following:

1) Submit an article of an upcoming game to be released later this year. Please consider the following when submitting your article.

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

Or...

2) Submit a Game Review of any game of your choosing. Please consider the following when submitting your Game Review.

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

**NOTE**
1) Any information that is not created by yourself HAS to be cited just like in school!! If any of the information is plagiarized, it is against the Form Rules and Guidelines (which you can find >HERE<) and will be an automatic denial to the News Team FOR GOOD!!

- What is plagiarism? Find out >HERE<

- How do I cite sources? Click >HERE<

2) The time line to complete this is completely up to your discretion. However, for application purposes, 4 weeks is the maximum time frame that it is expected to be completed for the application process.

3) If you are accepted onto the News Team, we will post what you write here as one of your first piece of works! So, this is not all for nothing!!

4) Have FUN!! This is a fun and entertaining way to help out the community. If you have any questions or concerns about anything News Team related, I am more than happy to assist you!

KoG Daidan

General
KoG REAPERS
Jan 24, 2017
Miramar
Neverwinter

2612c67e07ba0ef5319b7a2dd67730c61528468484.jpg

Hey everyone, this article is going to Neverwinter. This free-to-play open world RPG was first released to PC in 2013, Xbox One in 2015, and finally to PlayStation 4 in 2016. Like many other RPGs ,Neverwinter has multiple different Races and Classes that you get to choose from to create your character exactly how you want. At the end of this article I will list all of them for those of you who are interested. Before I get to that, I would like to give you a brief rundown of the Levels , Item Levels , Storyline , and a mixture of different Enemies that you will encounter during your adventure.

First off let's talk about your personal Level . There are currently only 70 levels in Neverwinter, and like most games it takes more XP to level up with each one. A good example is that it takes more XP to get from level 60 to 61, than it takes to get from level 1 to level 60. Yes, it sounds difficult but, there are enchantments that can give you a XP boosts along with being able to get major XP boosts from a lockbox. The best way to get to level 70 would be to either grind dungeons, or find a friend who is already at 70 to help you.

Next up is your Item Level. As of the latest update, the highest Item Level is a little over 23,000. You can increase it by getting better gear, artifacts, companions, mounts, and boons. Boons are the best way to get a high Item Level, and can be received by completing your Campaigns. There are multiple different Campaigns that are not apart of the actual storyline, and each one contains several Boons that will raise your Item Level if you can get the requirements finished.

056533.jpg

The next thing I will discuss is a small look into the Storyline . I can't go into everything because I don't want to ruin everything for you guys, but I can give you a few things to look forward to. The basic concept is to protect King Neverember, and his Kingdom at all costs. From tracking down his stolen crown, completely changing your appearance to spy on someone who is trying to take over, and even helping the King find gold when he ends up going broke. This game is full of shocking encounters, and painful betrayals that will always keep you interested.

screenshot-2_16.jpg

Last but not least, I am going to list some of the Enemies that you will encounter during your adventures. Dragons, Trolls, Devils, Orcs, Vampires, Werewolves, Golems, Pirates, Sea Serpents, Giant Eyes, and much much more that you will have to see for yourself.

I hope everyone enjoyed the article, and I'm going to finish it by listing all Races, and Classes. Thank you all for taking the time to read this!

Races:
Drow
Dwarf
Half-Elf
Half-Orc
Halfling
Human
Menzoberranzan Renegade
Moon Elf
Sun Elf
Tiefling
Wood Elf
Dragonborn

Classes:
Trickster Rogue
Devoted Cleric
Control Wizard
Hunter Ranger
Great Weapons Fighter
Guardian Fighter
Scourge Warlock
Oathbound Paladin

Last edited:
G

Neverwinter

Hey everyone, this article is going to Neverwinter. This free-to-play open world RPG was first released to PC in 2013, Xbox One in 2015, and finally to PlayStation 4 in 2016. Like many other RPGs ,Neverwinter has multiple different Races and Classes that you get to choose from to create your character exactly how you want. At the end of this article I will list all of them for those of you who are interested. Before I get to that, I would like to give you a brief rundown of the Levels , Item Levels , Storyline , and a mixture of different Enemies that you will encounter during your adventure.

First off let's talk about your personal Level . There are currently only 70 levels in Neverwinter, and like most games it takes more XP to level up with each one. A good example is that it takes more XP to get from level 60 to 61, than it takes to get from level 1 to level 60. Yes, it sounds difficult but, there are enchantments that can give you a XP boosts along with being able to get major XP boosts from a lockbox. The best way to get to level 70 would be to either grind dungeons, or find a friend who is already at 70 to help you.

Next up is your Item Level. As of the latest update, the highest Item Level is a little over 23,000. You can increase it by getting better gear, artifacts, companions, mounts, and boons. Boons are the best way to get a high Item Level, and can be received by completing your Campaigns. There are multiple different Campaigns that are not apart of the actual storyline, and each one contains several Boons that will raise your Item Level if you can get the requirements finished.

The next thing I will discuss is a small look into the Storyline . I can't go into everything because I don't want to ruin everything for you guys, but I can give you a few things to look forward to. The basic concept is to protect King Neverember, and his Kingdom at all costs. From tracking down his stolen crown, completely changing your appearance to spy on someone who is trying to take over, and even helping the King find gold when he ends up going broke. This game is full of shocking encounters, and painful betrayals that will always keep you interested.

Last but not least, I am going to list some of the Enemies that you will encounter during your adventures. Dragons, Trolls, Devils, Orcs, Vampires, Werewolves, Golems, Pirates, Sea Serpents, Giant Eyes, and much much more that you will have to see for yourself.

I hope everyone enjoyed the article, and I'm going to finish it by listing all Races, and Classes. Thank you all for taking the time to read this!

Races:
Drow
Dwarf
Half-Elf
Half-Orc
Halfling
Human
Menzoberranzan Renegade
Moon Elf
Sun Elf
Tiefling
Wood Elf
Dragonborn

Classes:
Trickster Rogue
Devoted Cleric
Control Wizard
Hunter Ranger
Great Weapons Fighter
Guardian Fighter
Scourge Warlock
Oathbound Paladin

Good job on your second article. The only suggestion I have is for you to add some effects to make it a little more appealing to the eye, such as pictures if you can.

Let me know when you are done with the next edit.

G

Neverwinter

View attachment 38138

View attachment 38139

View attachment 38140

Races:
Drow
Dwarf
Half-Elf
Half-Orc
Halfling
Human
Menzoberranzan Renegade
Moon Elf
Sun Elf
Tiefling
Wood Elf
Dragonborn

Classes:
Trickster Rogue
Devoted Cleric
Control Wizard
Hunter Ranger
Great Weapons Fighter
Guardian Fighter
Scourge Warlock
Oathbound Paladin

This application is approved! Please copy and paste your final article in a new thread in the Journalist Creations area here.

Your new personal Journalist Forum is here. You can post your final articles/work in your Journalist Forum once you have submitted it in the Journalist Creations area (as stated above).

Our means of communication outside the website and xbox is Discord. Please forward to me your Discord username and # tag in a PM on the website or Xbox so I can get you into our server.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up here or on Xbox.

Congratulations! Welcome to the News Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.