Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEWS TEAM APPLICATION - SYN LEWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewd Mist

KoG HELLHOUSE
Oct 31, 2017
1) Gamer Tag/User Name
SYN Lewd

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?
Nothing other than college level English courses.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?
I’m interested in sharing current events in the community, games, my thoughts/takes on XG policies and amended ones.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

Why does XG discourage inner clan dating?​

Inner clan dating is like dating your family members. We all know it’s not acceptable to date your family members, and we all know it’s not widely accepted to date clan members. I personally view members in a squad as siblings, other squads are your cousins, and other clans are your distant relatives. Why is dating in the clan discouraged? Well for starters with dating someone there will be drama that starts. Whether it’s from you both, or other members. Why is drama bad for the clan? Because it splits a clan into two sides. This split in views and opinions causes conflicts to occur. Conflict with in a clan is very bad because it can sometimes mess with the communication of all the members, and prevent things that need to get done within a clan. Communication is one of the most important things in all of Xiled Gaming. Communication helps keep everyone on track, on the same page, and well informed of future events/projects. What else does dating in a clan do that makes it so disliked?

Well to answer that it’s the bias that can ensue within the clan. Just like a leader having favorites. Being in a relationship also causes favoritism to occur. Bias within a clan can, and has gotten people removed from the community. Bias is a dangerous thing in a clan because it can cause members to leave or even get them kicked out. This is another main reason why we discourage inner clan dating.

G

1) Gamer Tag/User Name
SYN Lewd

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?
Nothing other than college level English courses.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?
I’m interested in sharing current events in the community, games, my thoughts/takes on XG policies and amended ones.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

Why does XG discourage inner clan dating?​

Inner clan dating is like dating your family members. We all know it’s not acceptable to date your family members, and we all know it’s not widely accepted to date clan members. I personally view members in a squad as siblings, other squads are your cousins, and other clans are your distant relatives. Why is dating in the clan discouraged? Well for starters with dating someone there will be drama that starts. Whether it’s from you both, or other members. Why is drama bad for the clan? Because it splits a clan into two sides. This split in views and opinions causes conflicts to occur. Conflict with in a clan is very bad because it can sometimes mess with the communication of all the members, and prevent things that need to get done within a clan. Communication is one of the most important things in all of Xiled Gaming. Communication helps keep everyone on track, on the same page, and well informed of future events/projects. What else does dating in a clan do that makes it so disliked?

Well to answer that it’s the bias that can ensue within the clan. Just like a leader having favorites. Being in a relationship also causes favoritism to occur. Bias within a clan can, and has gotten people removed from the community. Bias is a dangerous thing in a clan because it can cause members to leave or even get them kicked out. This is another main reason why we discourage inner clan dating.

Awesome! I'll give you two promps of your choice. Write about either of the following:

1) Submit a Game Review of any game of your choosing. Please consider the following when submitting your Game Review.

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

Or...

2) A social media article to reflect activities(i.e tournaments, game night, review of the "Big" meeting on Mixer, or anything that YOU have in mind) in the community. Please be extensive and detailed like you were posting to represent our community on social media!

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of other eye catching sources! (i.e pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

**NOTE**
1) Any information that is not created by yourself HAS to be cited just like in school!! If any of the information is plagiarized, it is against the Form Rules and Guidelines (which you can find >HERE<) and will be an automatic denial to the News Team FOR GOOD!!

- What is plagiarism? Find out >HERE<

- How do I cite sources? Click >HERE<

2) The time line to complete this is completely up to your discretion. However, for application purposes, 4 weeks is the maximum time frame that it is expected to be completed for the application process.

3) If you are accepted onto the News Team, we will post what you write here as one of your first piece of works! So, this is not all for nothing!!

4) Have FUN!! This is a fun and entertaining way to help out the community. If you have any questions or concerns about anything News Team related, I am more than happy to assist you!

Lewd Mist

KoG HELLHOUSE
Oct 31, 2017
Is Fortnite a Good Game to Base a Clan Around?​

We have all seen the success, and popularity, of the game Fortnite. So my answer to this question is an outstanding yes. There are pros and cons to the game being a clan’s main game. From personal experience with my own clan, which is mainly a Fortnite clan, these are the pros and cons of that game.

Let’s start with the pros alongside Fortnite. First, the game is very popular, so finding like-minded gamers is easier. Second, there are different modes in the game, so depending on the amount of people you have you can choose the corresponding game mode with ease. The games can last anywhere between one to fifteen minutes, depending on if you die at the start or not. Third, the game has a lot of playability to it with all the emotes, dances, sprays, skins, and other customizable things as well. This makes the game more enjoyable for a lot of people, and can spark hilarious moments in game.

With the positive aspects of this game out of the way here are some of the less significant downfalls. First, although it’s a popular game, and a lot of people play it, you run into some problems while recruiting. For example, the lobby size is only four players counting yourself, so each match you meet three new people. The problem with that low number of people is that you often find people with no mics, some that are under the age of sixteen, and some people who are not quality recruits. With this con, it can be a challenge to recruit since the size of the lobby is much smaller than one in a Call of Duty game. Second, even if you find people to match up with that have mics they will more than likely leave after they die, so they can play another match. This makes it difficult to recruit as well if the person is a potential recruit because you can’t converse with them more to judge if they are a quality recruit. Third, Fortnite is a popular game not only to people sixteen and up, but also to kids from six to fifteen years old. This makes finding old enough recruits difficult as well.

Given all the cons you're probably thinking “Why did you say yes to the question in the first paragraph?” Well that’s simple, although the negatives make the game harder to recruit on there are other ways to find recruits on this game. Those other ways are simple; and I have found success with them. One way to find potential recruits is with the “Looking for Group” option that Xbox One gives you. Another way that works well is an app called “Whisper.” Whisper is an app where you can create a post with a picture and some text; there are also groups you can join that are specific to certain games. After you post, people can whisper to you about your post. Once someone has done that you can see their account on Whisper, and how old they are. These two ways have helped me make a clan centered around Fortnite, and get multiple potential recruits.

G

We have all seen the success, and popularity, of the game Fortnite. So my answer to this question is an outstanding yes. There are pros and cons to the game being a clan’s main game. From personal experience with my own clan, which is mainly a Fortnite clan, these are the pros and cons of that game.

Let’s start with the pros alongside Fortnite. First, the game is very popular, so finding like-minded gamers is easier. Second, there are different modes in the game, so depending on the amount of people you have you can choose the corresponding game mode with ease. The games can last anywhere between one to fifteen minutes, depending on if you die at the start or not. Third, the game has a lot of playability to it with all the emotes, dances, sprays, skins, and other customizable things as well. This makes the game more enjoyable for a lot of people, and can spark hilarious moments in game.

With the positive aspects of this game out of the way here are some of the less significant downfalls. First, although it’s a popular game, and a lot of people play it, you run into some problems while recruiting. For example, the lobby size is only four players counting yourself, so each match you meet three new people. The problem with that low number of people is that you often find people with no mics, some that are under the age of sixteen, and some people who are not quality recruits. With this con, it can be a challenge to recruit since the size of the lobby is much smaller than one in a Call of Duty game. Second, even if you find people to match up with that have mics they will more than likely leave after they die, so they can play another match. This makes it difficult to recruit as well if the person is a potential recruit because you can’t converse with them more to judge if they are a quality recruit. Third, Fortnite is a popular game not only to people sixteen and up, but also to kids from six to fifteen years old. This makes finding old enough recruits difficult as well.

Given all the cons you're probably thinking “Why did you say yes to the question in the first paragraph?” Well that’s simple, although the negatives make the game harder to recruit on there are other ways to find recruits on this game. Those other ways are simple; and I have found success with them. One way to find potential recruits is with the “Looking for Group” option that Xbox One gives you. Another way that works well is an app called “Whisper.” Whisper is an app where you can create a post with a picture and some text; there are also groups you can join that are specific to certain games. After you post, people can whisper to you about your post. Once someone has done that you can see their account on Whisper, and how old they are. These two ways have helped me make a clan centered around Fortnite, and get multiple potential recruits.

Good job on your second article. However, I would recommend you add some eye-popping areas with in it (colors, formatting, pictures, etc.) to make it a little more appealing to the eye.

Let me know when you are finished with the next edit.

Lewd Mist

KoG HELLHOUSE
Oct 31, 2017

(Siegal, Jacob. “New Leak Suggests That Fortnite Will Launch on Nintendo Switch Tomorrow.” BGR, BGR, 11 June 2018, bgr.com/2018/06/11/fortnite-nintendo-switch-release-date-leaked/.)

Attachments

• fortnite-switch.jpg
    fortnite-switch.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
G

(Siegal, Jacob. “New Leak Suggests That Fortnite Will Launch on Nintendo Switch Tomorrow.” BGR, BGR, 11 June 2018, bgr.com/2018/06/11/fortnite-nintendo-switch-release-date-leaked/.)

This application is approved! Please copy and paste your final article in a new thread in the Journalist Creations area here.

Your new personal Journalist Forum is here. You can post your final articles/work in your Journalist Forum once you have submitted it in the Journalist Creations area (as stated above).

Our means of communication outside the website and xbox is Discord. Please forward to me your Discord username and # tag in a PM on the website or Xbox so I can get you into our server.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up here or on Xbox.

Congratulations! Welcome to the News Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.