Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEW SQUAD REQUESTS / INFO

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Hello all Generals!!

This thread is for any of you that wish to request a new squad in any game. Post the game, squad name, Section Leader it will fall under (if none we can assign one) and any other information pertaining to the game and we will get things approved and setup.

The process for new squads is as follows :
Generals make a request to a Section Leader.
A Section Leader gets the name approved by a Division leader.
A Section Leader makes the request on the Help Desk.
Site Admin sets up the forum area for the new squad.
Section Leader adds the new Squad to their list.
General posts the Squad List in the forum area and adds any other threads required.
SL and General should than make an announcement on the forums, in their squads and on XBL to let others know a new squad has been created.

Please follow that process so we can all work together and get new squads setup quickly and properly.

For splitting of a squad such as we have done in the past with HALO the process is the same with the exception that a Division Leader not only approves the new name but will approve the split itself. In reality it will not be a split but just setting up a new squad but first considering the needs of the old squad so that we do not waste time setting up inactive squads or losing old ones.

Please do not send requests over XBL. With all the messages SL's get we can easily miss the requests.

Use the forums to communicate!!!

Thanks.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
CLAN STRUCTURE

1 General per 30 Members
1 Captain per 10 Members
1 Lieutenant per Captain
All recruits must be solid steel on steel backgrounds for first seven days in squad.
All recruits must be voted by the leaders of their squad after the seven day trial period.
All recruits must be read the Honor Code before a clan invite is sent to them.
Promotions are given out by the next level of rank. Captains choose their Lieutenants, Generals choose Captains.
No one gets promoted without their replacement being trained and ready to go.
All promotions from Section Leader and up will be talked about and voted on at the Sunday night meetings.

Clans Split at A minimum of 60 members.
Clan must have complete clan structure in place. (See above)
One General, One Captain, One Lieutenant and their group of people leave to start the new clan. (10-13 members)
A Section leader must be in all new squads until they reach 30 members and the second general has been promoted.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
To add to the above, Division Leaders are the only people that approve new squads. You must have the proper structure or they will not allow it till you do.

Most squads consider a split around 80 members based on the need to expand for promotions and so on.

It is not mandatory to split.

FX Samurai

Forum Veteran
Dec 3, 2006
Middletown, DE
I was thinking about starting a new clan. most of you might have heard from me already on xbox live or maybe in the forums. but I just wanted to make this official.

Game: Halo 2
Squad Name: XGC Evolution/XGC Arcane/XGC Hollow
Section Leader: None (though my current SL is XGC BUNITE XL)

I will be the main General in this clan if its approved and I would like to bring Sangheillix666, Yanme e666, and JESUSISMYHOMEE over with me from Soldierz. I hope this will be possible, but I probably wont do this until after I have settled some things with my current clan, Soldierz (such as training a new general and everything neccesary) If you could get back to me through a PM that would be great.

-XGC Druid
General of XGC Soldierz

BuNiTe

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 10, 2006
The Murda Mitten
SHABBA!!! Druid i will get with you later on today whenever i see you online. We will talk on this matter. So just get with me once you get on and if I'm in another game then inv me 3 times if no response then come to the 360 dashboard and send me a chat inv. So we will get a chance to talk on this. Thanks! CHEA!!!

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
Hylander are splits have always been handled much differently, You guys should discuss this at your XL meetings to make sure your all on the same page. My reason being is we just had a split and it caused alot of problems with the old clan and could have gone alot better. I think there needs to be more protocol with a split so there is absolutley no confusion

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
Hylander are splits have always been handled much differently, You guys should discuss this at your XL meetings to make sure your all on the same page. My reason being is we just had a split and it caused alot of problems with the old clan and could have gone alot better. I think there needs to be more protocol with a split so there is absolutley no confusion

the only thing that needs to be discussed is having all Section Leaders follow the proper way to do it. It is listed on the website in the About and Weekly updates sections.

Refer to those for the correct way to do a split.
Do note that only a Division Leader can approve a split of any squad. Not a general and section leader.

Most importantly to note, you don't have to split at all and will only be allowed to if the proper structure exists in the squad that is splitting.

Here is the short of what is posted

1 general per 30 members, 1 captain and 1 lt running a squad of 8 to 10 members.

If you don't have the above you will not or I say, should not be allowed to split.

I hope this is helpful.

FX Samurai

Forum Veteran
Dec 3, 2006
Middletown, DE
I might just hold out on that new squad though. I am gonna get soldierz back up and running again. some events have come into place and people have suddenly become more active again. (well some but not all) and I see hope yet.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006

Is the splitting structur rigid, or can the amount and rank of people be different based on different situations?

I posted this before and it has been on the website since XG started. This is the way things are suppose to be done. If someone did it different before they were wrong. If they are doing it a different way now, they are wrong. I don't care who they are either. This is the way we do things.

XG does not care about splitting squads. We care about having quality people in our community. Some in the past thought getting to 100 and splitting was the best thing for XG. They were wrong. The current leaders in the community all agree that we the recruiting quality people is way more important than trying to start new squads. We have to many squads now that have like 5 to 15 people in them going nowhere.

If you don't have the structure below and the approval of a Division leader your squads will not split.

CLAN STRUCTURE

1 General per 30 Members
1 Captain per 10 Members
1 Lieutenant per Captain
All recruits must be solid steel on steel backgrounds for first seven days in squad.
All recruits must be voted by the leaders of their squad after the seven day trial period.
All recruits must be read the Honor Code before a clan invite is sent to them.
Promotions are given out by the next level of rank. Captains choose their Lieutenants, Generals choose Captains.
No one gets promoted without their replacement being trained and ready to go.
All promotions from Section Leader and up will be talked about and voted on at the Sunday night meetings.

Clans Split at A minimum of 80 members. This has been moved up from 60.)
Clan must have complete clan structure in place. (See above)
One General, One Captain, One Lieutenant and their group of people leave to start the new clan. (10-13 members)
Section Leader will recommend to Division Leader who will review the squad and give approval or not.