Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MICROSOFT WANTS TO EXPAND XBL FRIENDS LIMIT

Chandler

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2006
High as a satellite!
www.xiledgaming.com
For all you XG junkies that complain about having to make room on your friends list all the time, you may be in luck.

"We've absolutely heard the pleas for that. It's on the list."

media

Microsoft wants to increase the 100-person Friends limit on the Xbox 360, reports Joystiq. At the recent Consumer Electronics Show, Xbox director Aaron Greenberg all but confirmed that larger friends lists are coming. "I can't commit to when that will happen, but that is something we want to do," he said. "It's definitely something we're looking at expanding and, as this social networking grows, we've absolutely heard the pleas for that. It's on the list."

Apparently the limit of 100 is from the old days of the original Xbox, which is a reasoning we've heard before. But now the Xbox 360 has Live functionality built in, which will make expanding lists easier. Additionally, the New Xbox Experience allows for updates to come more frequently without waiting for a large fall or spring update. We'll keep you posted as we hear when the larger lists may be coming.

View the original article here on 1UP.

SYN Skittles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 21, 2006
California
That's awesome, I have 2 accounts and still had to keep removing ppl.

I do hope that when they come out with the expansion of friends, they make it easier to get to them all. I don't know about anyone else but scrolling down such a long list is...well me being lazy lol but i think it should be re-organized in some different way

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
I wouldn't say I fail at giving them enough credit. I just know what to expect. We all want to be able to add friends to our list and they know it, and they can definitely use this as an opportunity to take more of our money.

Will they do it? I say negative, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

KoG Suislid3

Forum Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Most definitly have too agree with Strife when have they ever gave the Microsoft buyers a break only one we had was the dashboard upgrade and that still has its minor problems here and there oh and the random useless arcade games.