Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LEGENDARY MAP PACK

sTunTDriviN

XG CONTRIBUTER
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
For those of you bums that havent gotten them already, you have no idea what your missing. Avalanche is one of the biggest halo levels ive ever seen, accompanied by some of the best looking environments ive seen. Ghost town is a hell of a ride, already proving a great level for close combat snipers. And lets face it, Blackout is %98 identical to Lockout from H2. All in all, a GREAT pack of maps, puts the heroic pack to shame, and i look forward to sticking all of you in these new maps :p

I'd say that they've certainly done justice to the previously name 'Sidewinder' now 'Avalanche' and of course the new look Lockout with the new skin its been provided with. I definitely like the look of 'Ghost Town', good mix of close combat and distance fighting, so an all rounder indeed.

By far better than the heroic map pack.

XGC Ap0llo

Forum Nerd
Dec 27, 2006
the only problem i have with avalanche is the fact that it is so damn big. it wouldnt be an issue if i liked to use vehicles, but i hate vehicles in halo, i think it takes away any element of skill. since i dont use vehicles often it takes me a looooong time to get around that map. Ghost Town is pretty cool, and its a lot more comlex than you think upon first inspection. once we learn all the subtleties of that map its going to be great. black out is another story. its been dumbed down so much. all the jumps are sooo easy to make, the map is incredibly noob friendly. and its a lot smaller than lockout was. of course this doesn't concern me as much because halo3 is inherently a slower game and the smaller size of the map will help to speed it up.

I found myself trying to dash on it the other day.....=/

I know what you mean about Ava being very big, but being a warthog driver i find it quite a fast playing map from the games i've been in. I like the whole idea of the 'man canons' especially the one inside the cliff face that blasts you from platform to platform.

I'm still not too sure on the use of Hornets in multiplayer maps, even if they have been stripped of their rockets and the gun been turned down a few notches, just doesn't suit my style as much as the ever so agile banshee with its twirlie twirl action.

Well worth the points though, but then again i make sure my points go on only the best items.

Y4ZT

Forum Tourist
Dec 25, 2007
Palo Cedro
avalanch is fun to snipe, blackout has some issues but i made a forge that fixed the issues. ( jump ups, respawning fusion coils. etc)

The hornet will be sweet hopefully in BTB they will institute it. But right now Avalanche is too big for 4v4. Ghost Town in my eyes is similar to China Town on COD4, many areas to campout and kill from the upper level, but Ghost Town seems better laid out than China Town. Blackout is just fun.

Shadow.ie

Forum Rookie
Jun 8, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
I bought it yesterday but havnt really tested it out at all as Im working on my Lone Wolves achivements (2 More left :D)

Which Matchmaking games use the Heroic/Legendary maps?