Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IMIIIKEI --- NEWS TEAM APPLICATION

XGC Mike

Forum Nerd
Jul 19, 2016
Louisiana
1) Gamer Tag/User Name
iMiiikEi

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?

I wouldent say that I have no writing experience. I was a part of the news crew for my highschool, that was
quite some time ago, in witch we wrote custom stories for every weekly release of our highschool paper and
weekley morning "news casts" if you will call it such a thing.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?

Personally I would like to write about real world issues. But i would also be intrested in posting about gaming,
i.e. - Stats and results of the communitys Rainbow 6 Pro League, Maybe add in some interviews with certian
Valued Leaders within the community. Also I would like to incorperate a way to involve all the current/fallen
Armed Forces that fight/fought for our freedom and rights and all the current/fallen Police Officers that
risk/risked their lives to uphold our Constituional rights.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

----Sample article----

First I would like to start this article saying thank you to all the members who let me interview them for this application.

Now on to the juicy stuff, I am writing this about a Community member that goes by the name of XGC TINTIGG XS, Some people call him Shamrock, I would like to greatly thank him for his dedication to this country by serving actively for 4 1/2 years in the USMC! He signed up for the Marine Core when he was 17 years old and still in high school, with his mothers permission of course, Mr. Shamrock went straight to boot camp as soon as he got back from a senior trip where he started his military career. His MOS was Infantry but that was soon to change after he scored way better than he could ever imagine on the tests and got invited to participate in sniper school! He qualified for the school and was planning to make a career of it when God had a different plan for him, he was honorably medically discharged when he shattered his knee during exercises.

This is where his XGC career started, kind of. When he first acquired a Xbox One he realized that he had to find some people to play with and started to search for a community to join. At the time KoG BigMeany XS recruited him into the community back in March of 2014 into XGC Sovereign where he progressed to the rank of Sergeant, when he acquired a position at his day job of a training coordinator witch required him to travel all over the country. Since he could not turn down the offer this played a toll on his involvement with the community, forcing him to go inactive for a time of 9 months.

When finally he found a way to come back to the community by buying a travel bag which included a mini monitor that allowed him to hook his Xbox One up and participate again. By doing this TINTIGG was able to work his way into a leadership position, successfully clan splitting 3 times with over 80 members in each split, now that is crazy!

I asked TIGG what made him go through the lengths he did to make things work, he stated that he wanted to make sure that every member that was in his clans receive the same comfort, assistance and assurance that he did when he was a Recruit. He has assertively achieved his goal of reaching Section Leader within the community and he says it is time to set the bar higher, He will not let anything get in his way of making the community a better place and making sure that everyone he comes in contact with has a positive experience if he can help it.

Thus the strive to make the rank of Division Leader starts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Freya Hildr

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 14, 2017
Valhalla
1) Gamer Tag/User Name
iMiiikEi

2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?

I wouldent say that I have no writing experience. I was a part of the news crew for my highschool, that was
quite some time ago, in witch we wrote custom stories for every weekly release of our highschool paper and
weekley morning "news casts" if you will call it such a thing.

3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?

Personally I would like to write about real world issues. But i would also be intrested in posting about gaming,
i.e. - Stats and results of the communitys Rainbow 6 Pro League, Maybe add in some interviews with certian
Valued Leaders within the community. Also I would like to incorperate a way to involve all the current/fallen
Armed Forces that fight/fought for our freedom and rights and all the current/fallen Police Officers that
risk/risked their lives to uphold our Constituional rights.

4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

----Sample article----

First I would like to start this article saying thank you to all the members who let me interview them for this application.

Now on to the juicy stuff, I am writing this about a Community member that goes by the name of XGC TINTIGG XS, Some people call him Shamrock, I would like to greatly thank him for his dedication to this country by serving actively for 4 1/2 years in the USMC! He signed up for the Marine Core when he was 17 years old and still in high school, with his mothers permission of course, Mr. Shamrock went straight to boot camp as soon as he got back from a senior trip where he started his military career. His MOS was Infantry but that was soon to change after he scored way better than he could ever imagine on the tests and got invited to participate in sniper school! He qualified for the school and was planning to make a career of it when God had a different plan for him, he was honorably medically discharged when he shattered his knee during exercises.

This is where his XGC career started, kind of. When he first acquired a Xbox One he realized that he had to find some people to play with and started to search for a community to join. At the time KoG BigMeany XS recruited him into the community back in March of 2014 into XGC Sovereign where he progressed to the rank of Sergeant, when he acquired a position at his day job of a training coordinator witch required him to travel all over the country. Since he could not turn down the offer this played a toll on his involvement with the community, forcing him to go inactive for a time of 9 months.

When finally he found a way to come back to the community by buying a travel bag which included a mini monitor that allowed him to hook his Xbox One up and participate again. By doing this TINTIGG was able to work his way into a leadership position, successfully clan splitting 3 times with over 80 members in each split, now that is crazy!

I asked TIGG what made him go through the lengths he did to make things work, he stated that he wanted to make sure that every member that was in his clans receive the same comfort, assistance and assurance that he did when he was a Recruit. He has assertively achieved his goal of reaching Section Leader within the community and he says it is time to set the bar higher, He will not let anything get in his way of making the community a better place and making sure that everyone he comes in contact with has a positive experience if he can help it.

Thus the strive to make the rank of Division Leader starts!

This application has been approved. You will receive further information via pm. Congratulations.