Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I NEED A NETWORK SAVY PERSON TO HELP ME

KoG LucidCraft

XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED VIDEO
Mar 11, 2014
OK,

So I have cable internet with 30 MB down & 3 MB up! I have a Netgear NightHawk AC1900 WiFi router and an open NAT. Why am I still having networking difficulties? I mean I upload a video to YT and it will cause everything else connected (XBL, netflix, etc..) to drastically slow down. I honestly have no idea what to do to get my internet to not be effected by anything. The router was $200!!!! lol. If you can help please do so lol...

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Is your router a modem/router all in one? If so that's the first problem. The best solution is a dedicated cable modem which isn't given to you by your provider and it should be to current standards not from 3 years ago. The next thing to look at would be if your provider is piggy backing off your wi-fi for some type of hotspot. Comcast does this with their xfinitywifi. If you have comcast, look to see if you have a wifi connection for xfinitywifi. They would have to turn that off although they can and will usually do it again. The next step is configuring the ports and other settings so that you push more juice to your gaming versus sharing the connection with everything and everyone inside your network. This is all general info that may or may not apply to your situation but I suspect some of it might. You should look to your equipment's support/forums as well as google as for sure someone will have pinpointed exactly what you need for settings to maximize things. I would have to research your equipment myself to get into more details but I hope this helps some.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
Is your router a modem/router all in one? If so that's the first problem. The best solution is a dedicated cable modem which isn't given to you by your provider and it should be to current standards not from 3 years ago. The next thing to look at would be if your provider is piggy backing off your wi-fi for some type of hotspot. Comcast does this with their xfinitywifi. If you have comcast, look to see if you have a wifi connection for xfinitywifi. They would have to turn that off although they can and will usually do it again. The next step is configuring the ports and other settings so that you push more juice to your gaming versus sharing the connection with everything and everyone inside your network. This is all general info that may or may not apply to your situation but I suspect some of it might. You should look to your equipment's support/forums as well as google as for sure someone will have pinpointed exactly what you need for settings to maximize things. I would have to research your equipment myself to get into more details but I hope this helps some.

This most likely is your problem. I use WIFI and when I do multiple things (especially uploading YouTube videos and sending pictures through email) My allocation of data tends to be dedicated to the upstream and my DL rate is ridiculously terrible. Also if you torrent, that also can have an effect with performance.

Reactions: XGC HYLANDER XC