Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY X-BOX. CAN YOU HELP?

XGC JCast

Forum Star
Apr 6, 2008
Pennsylvania
I was playing Halo 3 today and I was in a custom game. For some reason, the screen started to gain a red tint. I thought the Red Ring was coming but I continued to play because I was able to still see my character and the map. I switched to Gears of War, it got worse and I became worried. I tried GTA IV just to check again and it was still becoming a darker red. The dashboard is fine, its just the games that was getting red. I tried replugging my video and audio output cables and nothing happened. The switch on the AV cable is set to TV as it always has been. I have no idea whats happening. Any ideas?

Chandler

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2006
High as a satellite!
www.xiledgaming.com
Your GPU may need a good cleaning. If you know what you're doing, it's extremely simple to clean with just a cotton swab and a bit of rubbing alcohol. If you don't, it'll likely just get worse until it completely breaks down, at which time you'll have to send it in.

Chandler

Carpel Tunnel
Nov 3, 2006
High as a satellite!
www.xiledgaming.com
Yep, the same thing happened to me. My screen didn't turn red though, it started to get very grainy and distorted, and I'd have to restart the box to fix it. It'd work fine for a bit and then start to become distorted again. Then, a few days later, flashing red lights just like yours. Microsoft sent me a brand new console though.