Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HELP ME WITH A PROJECT MAYBE?

Lady Valor 7711

Forum Veteran
Nov 1, 2012
Washington
Hey there XG! I have a project going on that I am trying to get off the ground and thought it be an awesome idea to post and see if there are people interested here. A friend of mine, a professor at Alabama State University, basically started a project to try and provide teens a better outlet to vent and express themselves instead of "taking the easy way out". Though it hasn't been highly publicized in the media, but my FB and email are streaming with news of someone who hasn't even made it out of high school yet deciding to take their life for one reason or another, and it's pretty freaking sad. One thing a lot of these people had in common was their need to write and vent their frustrations, but felt no one would listen if they tried to share their work as well. I love to write, and aspire to be a published poet/author before I die myself, and was pretty honored when my friend entrusted me with heading her project.

So for starters, we created a FB group for teens called Teen PoetStuffers, and it's not a place solely for poets, but lyricists, photographers, etc, but all under the age of 18. There is a parent group called PoetStuffers if those who are 18 rather be among the older crowd (those over 18 always welcomed), but the age thing is strict to no one over the age of 18, besides myself, allowed in. IF we can get this thing flowing enough, I can put phase 2 in affect, which is me setting up my nonprofit and getting the business license settled for a record label and publishing company of my own to go with it, and everyone in Teen PoetStuffers would be more than welcomed to sign on. But that's in the future. Teen PoetStuffers is our baby, and the nonprofit is my baby that has been in the works for the past 8 years. Her project has been up longer but only more recently decided to seperate the teens and the Adults, and I am officially no longer a teen haha, so all my friends stay in the parent group. But If you know of any 18 and younger people who would be interested, message me through the FB page at

http://www.facebook.com/find-friends/#!/teenpoet.stuffers

Thanks all!