Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HELP! I MAY BE SCREWED!

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
So last night my roommate was playing Halo 2 on my account next to me and I was doing some work. He had his phone in his hand and he received a text message. The screen immediately went to this checkerboard looking image and we turned it off. Turned it back on, played some Halo, and the same thing happened again, without his phone doing anything. We restart it, and guess what happens, the 3 red lights.

I restarted it afterwards with no game in the tray and the dashboard came up fine with no problems. I turned it off and haven't touched it since.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know the 3 lights mean a hardware failure, but how did it restart then? My 3-month factory warranty is already up, but is there any way to get an extended warranty on it while it's still working?

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
Ok, I just checked on the XBOX website, and thankfully, they recently extended their 3-month factory warranty to a full year. Now I guess I'll have to ship it out for a long time, and lose my gamerscore.... :(

KoG ST3ALTH

Forum Junkie
Jan 14, 2007
US
I have a problem as well. When I went to be on Monday night, my mic was working perfectly, when I turn my xbox on to play some halo on Tuesday night at about 8:00 PM my microphone doesnt work, so I run to my friends house and he lets me use his microphone. I returned home and plugged it in, and that didnt even work, and he never even used his microphone because he doesnt have XBL yet. Therefore, I am going to get a new controller today, does anyone think that this may be a problem with my XBox 360? Or is it definetly my controller?

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
That's probably more to do with your controller than XBOX. I know the jack on my controller has acted a little screwy before as well...

But back on topic, I think I've just had the easiest conversation in the world with someone from XBOX Customer Support. I explained my situation and how I had already done everything they have as far as troubleshooting. They told me I'd have a self-addressed, postage paid box in 3-5 business day to send my 360 to them in. They'd have it for 8-10 days, and I'd have a brand spankin new 360. Honestly, I was surprised by how good the service was. And better yet, I won't lose my gamerscore or any saved games!

SpArTa 007

Forum Nerd
Mar 31, 2007
I have a problem as well. When I went to be on Monday night, my mic was working perfectly, when I turn my xbox on to play some halo on Tuesday night at about 8:00 PM my microphone doesnt work, so I run to my friends house and he lets me use his microphone. I returned home and plugged it in, and that didnt even work, and he never even used his microphone because he doesnt have XBL yet. Therefore, I am going to get a new controller today, does anyone think that this may be a problem with my XBox 360? Or is it definetly my controller?

Its Your controller. Everytime i Unplug my Mic from my Controller, it says i still have a mic on, yet i dont. I need to buy a new controller.

SpArTa 007

Forum Nerd
Mar 31, 2007
That's probably more to do with your controller than XBOX. I know the jack on my controller has acted a little screwy before as well...

But back on topic, I think I've just had the easiest conversation in the world with someone from XBOX Customer Support. I explained my situation and how I had already done everything they have as far as troubleshooting. They told me I'd have a self-addressed, postage paid box in 3-5 business day to send my 360 to them in. They'd have it for 8-10 days, and I'd have a brand spankin new 360. Honestly, I was surprised by how good the service was. And better yet, I won't lose my gamerscore or any saved games!

I've Had the Same problem dealing with Customer Support. My Disc fell into my 360 (dont ask how or why) and one of them said all you can do is simply take the faceplate off and do a little work in there and the game should pop out. and tweaking with that for about and hour my game was free from my 360, literally.

KoG ST3ALTH

Forum Junkie
Jan 14, 2007
US
Haha. Well I called X-Box Customer Service, and the lady was walking me through troubleshooting and told me to record a voice message, and it worked. Then, I put Halo 2 in and it worked, so I don't know what was going on last night. All I know is I hate not having a mic. lol.

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
Yeah, last summer my disc reader pooped out on the regular box, so ordered a new one off ebay until I could get the 360. And now it is getting repaired. I wish they'd just send me back an Elite...:)