Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HAS THIS EVER BEEN THOUGHT OF IN THE COUNCIL ABOVE?

Nintendosk8r85

Forum Tourist
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Has anyone ever thought about it being worth it to make a app for the droid to navigate and use the website with? like any of the hirer ups in council or so. im sure if it is thought about in the most creative possabilitys there is a good chance it might be worth makeing. makeing it easyer to pm and make posts and chatrooms and such, just whatever.

Everyone here is welcome and encouraged to maybe vote and add ideas to it if you vote yes describe ideas good for it if it is decided. if not it can be good conversaton i quess.

for example... i notice that the facebook app is much easyer to navigate and use the facebook services rather than threw a droid web browser. same could be used for the XGC website for purposes waiting to be talked about.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Hey NintendoSk8er,

Yup, its actually been brought up quite a bit, but nothings come from it so-far. A few members are thinking of taking it upon themselves to create such an App, but theres no real consensus about what this App should do!

The easiest thing that could happen would be the Viper and the Council changing the site to allow for Tapatalk functionality. Its an App that allows you to view a simplified version of Forums. But, it must be setup on the Administrative end here...

There are a few other threads regarding it here in the Site Suggestions forum. Most have the same idea, but go off in a different direction functionality-wise, or concerning what features the App will have. Something to aid in recruitment. Something to SPAM out XG messages. Something to take meeting attendance with. Something that simplifies the Honor Code for new recruits. Something that allows Clan leaders to accept usergroup requests. Etc, etc, etc... there are SO many options, but no clear consensus from the community.

But I wholeheartedly agree, this is definitely something worthwhile, and should be looked at by the higher-ups. Anything we can do/use to help XG, should be looked at as a viable option, especially something as common as Apps are nowadays.

Nintendosk8r85

Forum Tourist
Jan 3, 2013
USA
well thank you very much SYN BLACK XS. Ill keep all that in mind, i like the detail you added to the idea. Im not surprised it has been mentioned befor i think i might think of a way to inspire a willingness in the hire ups to do so.

SYN xBIGREDx

XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 13, 2013
OH
i think it would be amazing as a general to have something i could store info on like an app just for the community it could also be a good way to spread word about events with notifications and have something for me to take attendance in meetings and to be able to update my lists easily from on the go so i can pm a message without having to go through google first and if i could use it to make lists and have meeting reminders for my clan meetings and my generals meetings that would be great i would whole heartidly support the creation of an app

Nintendosk8r85

Forum Tourist
Jan 3, 2013
USA
sweet news peeps!! i hope to see a post with a link to see how to download the app, i heard its probly going to be in the makeing now or soon. hey XGC NaDeShoT can u find out were the website is to do one for free and post it