Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HALO REACH HARDCORE ARMOR EFFECTS

matticus24

Forum Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
I searched and didn't find anyone post this yet, so, all you Halo: Reach fans here you go:

We already know that Halo: Reac will allow players to customize their armor in multiplayer. For me, that's going to mean slapping on a coat of neon pink paint and hitting start, but others are going to be way into making their Spartan look amazing. Today, we learned about some of the most interesting, hardcore "special effects" that can be added to armor... If you're willing to put in the time to earn them.

There will be four effects available at launch, with more to come:

* Grunt Birthday Party (Cost: 100,000 Credits): Player's head explodes in confetti when killed with a headshot.

* Hearts (Cost: 200,000 Credits): When the player dies, hearts appear around his/her body.

* Pestilence (Cost: 1,000,000 Credits): Player's armor constantly radiates a dark cloud of insects.

* Lightning (Cost: 2,000,000 Credits): Player's armor constantly radiates electricity.

Sound pretty cool? I thought so too, but Bungie's not giving out those credits for nothing. It's going to take time. MTV's game writer Russ Frushtick estimates that he earned about 500 credits for each multiplayer match he played, so in order to crackle with electricity, a player will have to play in 4,000 matches (give or take). That's a serious commitment.

I'm going to stick with my hot pink armor, I think.

What about you? Who among you is hardcore enough to earn the most elite armor?

KoG Mufasa

KoG HELLHOUSE
Jun 5, 2010
Canada
yeah, i will just get what i can, i will probably only play it until black ops comes out anyway and then it will be an off and on game for me.