Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HALO 4?...WHAT?

Trent Nemesis

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2012
First i have so many complaints about Halo 4 that it isnt even funny. I hate the fact the BR isnt as good as it was in halo 3 and when it fires it kind of sounds like a train which has partially derailed. I dominated with the BR in H3, but now I use it primarily as a last ditch effort to kill my opponent if I am only 1 shot. The lack of team work in Halo 4 is appalling, Ive seen 1 guy kill an entire team repeatedly just by accurate DMR fire....and the rest of his team couldnt keep up even though they had incredible kill to death ratios. When I play with everyone outside of XGC it is kind of nerve wrecking considering no one wants to talk....but maybe thats because I am currently in western europe where there happens to be so many languages. I miss the US, because I could always depend on call outs that made sense. I was playing Halo 4 yesterday and the Norwegians were speaking english but they had weird callouts for everything. They constantly referred to top mid as MIDDLE CHEESE, an I was like what the hell? And when calling out one shots they woul say Oi hes loose! Wow it was difficult for me to keep up with the nonsense so I immediately disengaged from the combat and just hung out. Anyways I think there should be a gametype where you have to have a mic or you cant play, its so hard coordinating an actual victory if everyone does there own things. I also hate it when you have a team member who just stands in your way, you cant even escape because he is always blocking your route. This happened to me lastnight on Haven. Haven is a pretty big map, and I swear this guy was falling me around, anyways I got hit by a grenade and I desperately tried to strafe right and the guy was standing next to me, so.....i died. He even ha a mic and spoke english and I told him "DUDE FREAKING MOVE STOP BEING A PARASITE, GET OUT OF MY BACKPACK. WELL ANYWAYS THOSE ARE SOME OF MY COMPLAINTS. CIAO.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
First I have so many complaints about Halo 4 that it isn't even funny. I hate the fact the BR isnt as good as it was in halo 3 and when it fires it kind of sounds like a train which has partially derailed.

Right, but it's still a fair weapon at short to mid range. It's 2 advantages over other precision weapons make it worth having when using particular loadouts, tactics, and using teamwork.

Stopping power: The ability to slow, blind, and throw off a players aim.

Shooting through shield: One shot of a BR can break someones shield and get a head shot.

Any other advantages are psychological or you're simply trying to earn your commendations. Using grenadier loadouts and tactics, make this weapon shine in combat. It's also great, especially in FFA games, to pick off potential kills from other players. Team shooting, with one player wielding a DMR and the other working with a BR, can turn 5 shot kills into 4 shot kills.

I dominated with the BR in H3, but now I use it primarily as a last ditch effort to kill my opponent if I am only 1 shot.

Doesn't sound like a great idea. I usually use some cover, a *Plasma Pistol, or a Bolt Shot when I'm weak.

The lack of team work in Halo 4 is appalling, I've seen 1 guy kill an entire team repeatedly just by accurate DMR fire....and the rest of his team couldn't keep up even though they had incredible kill to death ratios.

The DMR is a better all around weapon. Walking across open ground and exposing yourself behind cover for extended periods of time are easy for any team to take advantage of. Also having a commando wreak whilst the rest provide cover is ideal and common.

When I play with everyone outside of XGC it is kind of nerve wrecking considering no one wants to talk....but maybe that's because I am currently in western Europe where there happens to be so many languages. I miss the US, because I could always depend on call outs that made sense. I was playing Halo 4 yesterday and the Norwegians were speaking English but they had weird callouts for everything. They constantly referred to top mid as MIDDLE CHEESE, an I was like what the hell? And when calling out one shots they would say Oi hes loose!

Well I guess that sucks. Yes it's weird, but I can tell they're talking about containment with the "he's loose" comment. Nobody wants an enemy behind their lines, flanking and assassinating.

Wow it was difficult for me to keep up with the nonsense so I immediately disengaged from the combat and just hung out. Anyways I think there should be a game type where you have to have a mic or you cant play, its so hard coordinating an actual victory if everyone does there own things. I also hate it when you have a team member who just stands in your way, you cant even escape because he is always blocking your route. This happened to me last night on Haven. Haven is a pretty big map, and I swear this guy was falling me around, anyways I got hit by a grenade and I desperately tried to strafe right and the guy was standing next to me, so.....I died. He even ha a mic and spoke English and I told him "DUDE FREAKING MOVE STOP BEING A PARASITE, GET OUT OF MY BACKPACK. WELL ANYWAYS THOSE ARE SOME OF MY COMPLAINTS. CIAO.

I agree on many levels. Yeah I do hate these things but you can only work to prevent those eventualities. Thanks for sharing your complaints. It's fun to talk about.

Last edited:

XGC Daystar

Forum Star
Aug 11, 2012
snarksalot.blogspot.com
I've never really understood complaints about the battle rifle. Maybe it's because I never played Halo 3 online (I was so obsessed with Gears at the time) and therefore never witnessed it at its peak. Either way, I've seen the BR kick all sorts of Spartan bum. Close to mid range, that weapon is a certified beast. Even at long range it's decent (not half as much as the DMR mind you, but still).

I think 343 really tried (and in my opinion, succeeded) to balance the guns out, so you see a bunch of guns that are effective at different ranges. I get the feeling the BR was a catch all in 3, so now that it's limited to a (reasonable) range people think it sucks. But I don't get that, because whenever I come up against someone using a battle rifle, my first thought is to run for cover as far away as possible. And I don't suck--I just happen to love my DMR.

As far as randoms online--yeah, you're probably better off playing with friends and clan members. Eliminating random people was a big factor in me joining XGC in the first place, so I feel ya.

N0H3ADN3D

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 20, 2013
Flat Rock, MI
Again I agree with XGC Daystar. 343 has tried so hard to make it balanced. Not just throw 20 guns in a game and make only 3 or 4 usable like infinity ward does. I personally think the game was just gorgeous visually. Could some things use work, yes but, in general they did an awesome job.

Trent Nemesis

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2012
I totally agree with all said comments. Maybe I depended too much on the BR in Halo 3....that could be why my expectations were higher in H4. My relationship with the BR has improved throughout the last few weeks, but when I am up against a strong DMR player....most of the time I get out shined. Another issue I have with Halo 4 is the fact that when you get hit you slow down....reminds me to much of COD. Anyone hear of how they are bringing H4 to MLG?? I think it is going to be exciting to see how the pro teams do.

Trent Nemesis

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2012
MLG Dallas was not specifically set in stone MLG game types...the team that I am sponsoring mentioned that Chicago will be an official MLG event....apparently.

Wag Of Beed

Forum Junkie
Dec 24, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Im srry but MLG, over the year's, has died out due to the fact that 1 game made MLG a staple in competitive multiplayer. Halo 3 brought MLG to the forefront, with live matches on Spike T.V. for a season or 2 and ESPN sponsored Top 10 Plays. As Halo 3's popularity died out, so did the key demographic for MLG. MLG hasn't had a game to bring them to the top of competitive multiplayer since then. With Halo Reach and Halo 4's heartbreaking releases and CoD series lacking excitement, IMO, MLG has turned to try and make PC gaming the popular thing for them to get something going. Overall it's simple, MLG will never be as big as it was when it had Halo 3 as it's main event.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
MLG Dallas was not specifically set in stone MLG game types...the team that I am sponsoring mentioned that Chicago will be an official MLG event....apparently.

You may want to check your source if not for us, then for yourself.

It seems there's a contradiction, or a lack of detail on both accounts. I checked MLG's site, and there wasn't any mention of Halo 4 for Dallas. There's always next season, and I perceive that the reason Halo didn't make the cut is simple, budget & timing. Halo 4 isn't quite ripe yet, and fitting it in would only take away from every other game. This Paul Tassi's "news and opinion about video games" is negativity biased, possibly on purpose. A common ratings ploy for the site to get people to reply and send it to their friends. I disagree with his reasoning for Halo 4 not being there but it's not impossible, just a bad reason.

Im srry but MLG, over the year's, has died out due to the fact that 1 game made MLG a staple in competitive multiplayer. Halo 3 brought MLG to the forefront, with live matches on Spike T.V. for a season or 2 and ESPN sponsored Top 10 Plays. As Halo 3's popularity died out, so did the key demographic for MLG. MLG hasn't had a game to bring them to the top of competitive multiplayer since then. With Halo Reach and Halo 4's heartbreaking releases and CoD series lacking excitement, IMO, MLG has turned to try and make PC gaming the popular thing for them to get something going. Overall it's simple, MLG will never be as big as it was when it had Halo 3 as it's main event.

I don't really like watching MLG when I can play it, occasionally. I'll occasionally watch football because I rarely play it.

i love halo4 n hav had no problems. sorry u had so much trouble especially with that noob.
I hope that's sarcasm and not Troll. Edit: Oh wait the 1st post's context makes sense of this. My bad LOL. Anyway if you're gonna use red please Bolden it or upgrade the size cause it looks awful.

Last edited:

Trent Nemesis

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2012
Absolutely, I miss watching Halo 3 live streams during MLG, but perhaps MLG is dying down a little bit. I just miss how exciting Halo 2 and 3 were....and competitive. Nowadays it doesn´t seem to matter how good you are...

XGC Daystar

Forum Star
Aug 11, 2012
snarksalot.blogspot.com
It seems there's a contradiction, or a lack of detail on both accounts. I checked MLG's site, and there wasn't any mention of Halo 4 for Dallas. There's always next season, and I perceive that the reason Halo didn't make the cut is simple, budget & timing. Halo 4 isn't quite ripe yet, and fitting it in would only take away from every other game. This Paul Tassi's "news and opinion about video games" is negativity biased, possibly on purpose. A common ratings ploy for the site to get people to reply and send it to their friends. I disagree with his reasoning for Halo 4 not being there but it's not impossible, just a bad reason.

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly. There's a lot of under the counter reasoning for Halo 4 not being in MLG, such as the Virgin exclusivity deal, ALG, and a fair few other factors. The article also makes no attempt to reconcile the fact that 343 made an MLG mode. While full of logic holes, it does present the point that Halo 4 is not being represented by Major League Gaming this year. And honestly, it's their loss.

I agree that the standard slayer mode is just awful for true competitive play (the randomness really is a big problem), but the MLG settings fixed that.

Trent Nemesis

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2012
I dont have that many problems with Halo 4, mainly annoyances I suppose. Halo 4 is a great game, but it is no where nears as glorious as Halo 2 or 3. Masterchief´´´s dialogue in the campaign seems........weak, like he isn´t sure of himself or something, but I suppose I need to get use too that. Anyways this has been a very interesting conversation.

KoG Deadpool

Forum Veteran
Feb 4, 2013

You may want to check your source if not for us, then for yourself.

I don't really like watching MLG when I can play it, occasionally. I'll occasionally watch football because I rarely play it.

I hope that's sarcasm and not Troll. Edit: Oh wait the 1st post's context makes sense of this. My bad LOL. Anyway if you're gonna use red please Bolden it or upgrade the size cause it looks awful.

srry didnt think of size n srry it wasnt clear at first that i was on topic.

KoG Dayze2

Forum Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
343 has made a lot of changes to Halo both good and bad. The competitive side of multiplayer isn't as big as it was in Halo 3. You have to go to custom games and challenge others in order to see true competition.