Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FITNESS SECTION

XGC Woz

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 22, 2011
Livonia, MI
So I know this is a gaming community, but we have a recipe section, we should get a fitness section going. Gaming and being in shape aren't mutually exclusive. We could post WODs, success stories, tips and advice, etc...

Oo ShAnSaW2 oO

Forum Rookie
Oct 24, 2011
Minnesota
I agree with you. I am a bouncer for a bar up in MN but I had shoulder surgery last november and since then I gained around 40 pounds and now trying to lose it and would be nice to have some good tips

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
I agree with you. I am a bouncer for a bar up in MN but I had shoulder surgery last november and since then I gained around 40 pounds and now trying to lose it and would be nice to have some good tips

Focus on CV fitness as weight would do very little in terms of helping you lose body fat. It is best to do CV fitness that closely resembles activities that you do so for you I would probably recommend running as opposed to say cycling.

For losing weight endurance running (note running, not jogging) would probably be very effective. To vary your sessions you could have sessions that are dedicated to sprint training from time to time. In sprint training you will denerally have longer rest periods and it is not unusual to have a 10:1 rest to work ratio when doing sprint training, endurance training rest periods are much, much less.

Eat good foods before training, personally if it is in the morning I will have poridge with semi skimmed milk and if it is later on I will have complex carbohydrate based dishes such as rice, wholemeal pasta ect. These release energ during your training sessions.

Eat healthy and stay clear of ready meals or take-away's that class themselves as healthy as they really arent.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
I'd like a fitness section too.

Right now I'm trying to tone my mid section. I have abdominal muscle growth that I am pleased with however am struggling to tone this area to increase ab definition - I am still a student primarily dependent on family living conditions thus have very little control over food etc (and lets just say my father refuses to allow my mother to purchase anything fat free or healthy -.-). Therefore I am only in 'control' of what I eat for some of the day.

So since we do not have a dedicated forum yet, I will post some questions here.
- [If all goes to plan] I should have a little bit of extra cash that I could spend on supplements to assist in this - I'm thinking whey protein to increase muscle growth and as an alternative for some meals - any recommendations?
- Fitness routine focused on losing weight on the mid section?

Can't afford any equipment or gym membership so any accessible methods would be appreciated.

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
I'd like a fitness section too.

Right now I'm trying to tone my mid section. I have abdominal muscle growth that I am pleased with however am struggling to tone this area to increase ab definition - I am still a student primarily dependent on family living conditions thus have very little control over food etc (and lets just say my father refuses to allow my mother to purchase anything fat free or healthy -.-). Therefore I am only in 'control' of what I eat for some of the day.

So since we do not have a dedicated forum yet, I will post some questions here.
- [If all goes to plan] I should have a little bit of extra cash that I could spend on supplements to assist in this - I'm thinking whey protein to increase muscle growth and as an alternative for some meals - any recommendations?
- Fitness routine focused on losing weight on the mid section?

Can't afford any equipment or gym membership so any accessible methods would be appreciated.

I cannot stress enough, do not buy suppliments, protein shakes, ect.

They are a massive waste of money and what people dont realise is you will most likely get more than enough protein in your diet as it is to buil your muscles if you are doing weights. There are also chemicals in all that stuff that are very bad for you and can even knacker you up psychologically. You will also put on more weight in terms of fat from taking them too.

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
I cannot stress enough, do not buy suppliments, protein shakes, ect.

They are a massive waste of money and what people dont realise is you will most likely get more than enough protein in your diet as it is to buil your muscles if you are doing weights. There are also chemicals in all that stuff that are very bad for you and can even knacker you up psychologically. You will also put on more weight in terms of fat from taking them too.

not entirely true does depend on your diet and eating habits if you get enough protein period.

I have taken suppliments and been just fine with them

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
not entirely true does depend on your diet and eating habits if you get enough protein period.

I have taken suppliments and been just fine with them

What I said was very true actually. Told by top fitness coaches (international level) that these supliments are not recommended. Your average person already gets enough protein to build muscle, if you think you arent getting enough then eat more meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, pulses, nuts, seeds and soya product.

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
Edit - when I said supplements - I mean all types not just protein however -

Well when I was doing boxing training (back when I wasn't poor hahaha)I was advised to go the supplement route - I do not eat fish (ever) or white meats (pork, lamb, chicken - or at least hardly often) and changing my diet I cannot afford.
Also consider that being a female means it is not as easy for me to have natural muscle growth too - testosterone is a huge help and I don't exactly have high levels of that now do I ;)....

I'm not saying I'm 100% going in that direction, just if I do I want some recommendations. If I can get some assistance on a good routine I doubt I would even bother. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

I just want to add - I'm not a complete idiot here, I'm an ex competition female boxer so I know my fitness. What I do want to know is what worked for other people in removing stubborn fat.

Last edited: