Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EVERY SINGLE GENERAL AND CAPTAINS! READ THIS!!!!!

KoG Scorpion

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 9, 2006
Il
www.xiledgaming.com
Lets start of like this:

What does it mean to become a great team leader?

Walter J. Lippman said, "The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on." Leadership is fundamentally about influence; it is about influencing people for great purposes.

It may seem more necessary for a General or a Section leader to become a great leader, but even the lowest person on the clan totem pole can become a leader because any person can have influence. Warren G. Bennis said, "The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born." Most leaders are not great leaders, and becoming a great team leader does not happen by birth or by accident, it takes dedication, good decision-making, and years of learning by experience.

Whom do you want to follow? Who are the people who challenge you to be your best and make you want to do your best? Who are the people who have passed on their ideals, standards, and character traits to you? These are your leaders, look at them for examples of what a leader is and do.

In a survey, Generals overwhelmingly named communication as the most important skill of a leader. Great leaders recognize leadership as a two-way street of communication, they communicate goals and objectives, and they heed the advice and feedback of team members.

Becoming a great team leader means becoming a person who has a vision beyond today. Beyond that, however, it means influencing others with that vision and empowering them to move on it; all the while staying just a step ahead.

Every captain in Collision is required to learn this! You will be tested individually by me. If you fail..there will be consiquences.

I will explain things that relate to Leadership and some that don't.

lets start
__________________________________________________ ________________
What is Leadership?

Leadership is someone who can provide directions. A leader is someone who has followers! A leader is also someone who can identify leaders.

Can a leader be a follower? OF COURSE! A leader is someone who is able to follow. Just like how Proboscis follows me..and Renegade follows him.

A Leader is someone who is willing to take responsibilities and make great decisions that is fair and it follows the structure. A leader should be able to communicate well with its fellow clan leaders. If he fails to do this, he will be demoted.

A Group of leaders (such as captains) should vote on things that will help there clan (such as booting a member). If you vote, i will not go against it!

__________________________________________________ _____________

What should the qualities of a captain be?

A captain should be someone who has the above qualities! LEADERSHIP! A captain should be able to emphasize the XG structure. A captain has to evalute recrutes(no trashtalkers, people who are willing to except the honor code) A captain should keep squad records and should hold squad meetings! A captain has to communicate very well! Liek what i said above. ALL THE ABOVES APPLY!!

A captain should be able to take over for me when im not there (it should be simple, because you have 6 other captains with you)

Put it this way. If me and blackheart left KoG, you (captain) should be able to take over our spots and keep the clan stable. If you say you cannot do this, go back to sergeant.

A Captain should not be cheesy at all! NO NO NO NO NO! Do not pick people as your leiutenat just because your there best freind, or there level is so cool and there so good! Pick someone who you think has leadership! IF YOU HAVE A BAD LEIUTEANANT IM GONNA BEAT YOU UP!

A Captain should be able to communicate very well with its fellow captains to run the whole clan! The Captains do all the work for the clan. Generals make sure there doing there job. A captain has to deal with all minor problems,a long with major ones. Captains together should vote on things that will help the clan! Captains should find leaders and bring there names to me.

Do not try to do everything by your self! Do not take credit for things you do not do. I will notice everything you do by myself.

Not an I! It's a we!

Dont forget when promoting

When a captain/leitutant promoted somebody make sure they read the honor code, know the ranking sturucture and registerd on This website! Then there will be no possible excuses when someone is in a modded game, trashtalks, No if buts etc.

Make sure as a recrute the followed the Honor code, if not then remove them!
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Some basic things-

Division leaders and Section leaders have an XL after there name. The meaning of that is Xiled Leader. (not xtra large or extreme leader)

Council Members have an XI after there name. The XI in roman numerals mean 11. The council use the XI as a way to say that they have 11 slots open for council members. The reason why there is 11 is because the majority rule will come in to hand. They dont want a tie in a vote. They want one side or the other.

How you should handle problems (captains, leiutenants)

There should be 3 things asked to yourself when you are handling a problem.

1. Whats best for XG
2. Whats best for KoG, XGC, SYN
3. Whats best for your squad/clan

Examples on how this should be used:

Example number 1-

Your a captain and you find someone who is racist in your clan. So you ask yourself the questions.

Q. Whats best for XG?
A. Well if he trashtalks, he is breaking the honor code.
Conclusion: Remove the members
(end there)

Example number 2-

You have someone who is in KoG, loves it but hates little kids and cant stand them at all.

Ask yourself

Q. Whats best for XG?
A. Well this person loves XG and is willing to follow the honorcode

Q. Whats best for KoG?
A. He cant stand little kids, and there is no age limit for KoG.
Conclusion: You send them to XGC where there are only adults

Example 3-

You have two people who are arguing non stop. Both of them love KoG and they have great quality.

Q. Whats best for XG?
A. They follow the honor code, Love KoG.

Q. Whats best for KoG.
A. They love KoG and wanna express the honor code

Q. Whats best for your clan/squad
A. Well if they keep arguing, its going to cause drama and bad reputaition.
Conclusion: You transfer one of them to a different clan/squad

How to do a squad list. If you go to the FAQ section (you will find this on the tool bar which is next to KoG, XGC, SYN).

Click on it and find how to do squad lists. Then find squad list format. After you do that you will see a thing with the ranks of XG. You copy that past it in a squad member section and fill it in.

Captains are required to know this.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Review:

LIEUTENANT

A Lieutenant is the captain's right hand and the first line of defense in upholding the Honor Code. You will be responsible for assisting the captain in setting up meetings and practices, training lower ranking members, and finding potential recruits. They can also run Practices and meetings when a Captain is not a present.

CAPTAIN

1. Must hold a Private, Sergeant, or Lieutenant position for at least 1 month.

2. Typically a Captain or General will submit a members name for promotion at the clan’s weekly meeting; the promotion will then be voted on by the Captains and Generals in that clan.

3. A good captain must posses the following qualities, leadership, the ability to positively reinforce the KOG infrastructure, sound decision making and dedication. As a Captain, you will need to evaluate all new recruits, vote on them, run practices and play clan matches. Captains are responsible for promoting a Lieutenant to assist them.

4. The Captain Also keeps track of squad records and lists. Captains will set up squad meetings and ensure that the communication in the squad is perfect. This includes messaging the squad on clan match results and meeting times. You must also ensure that all members follow the honor code, register on the web site, and behave in a profession al manner. You will report any infraction s directly to your General, following the chain of command. The ranking structure is there for a reason; do not take minor problems to Section leaders or Division Leaders.

5. A Captain becomes eligible for a promotion by displaying the above qualities and excelling in all their job responsibilities. As always, good communication is the key to success.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Best way to communicate

Forums are our primary source for communication! Thats why squad list/ clan list are done in our forums! We socialize here when we are on vacation. And news will be givin if you request!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Chain Of Command

Captains and Leiteuants have to take care of problems , questions, misunderstanding in there are in there squads! I should never ever head a private or sergeant ask me how to get promoted! If i do il ask them who send you a clan inv...if its your name, your gonna get hammered!!! If a problem goes to SL before it comes to me! Your in big trouble is there in your squad!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Where does Leadership truly start in the XG Structure?

Leader ship truly start at the Captain Rank. Why? Because now you have control over most of the clan desicions, control over your squad, you have a right hand man/women (leiutneant). When your a captain, you are also a commander! You have a say in every decision, you have a say in changes, and you have the power to recrute! Which is only given to a Captain.

Why not Leiutenant?

Althought a Leiutenant has showen leadership as a sergeant, and was rewarded this rank. He may be a commander of a squad, but he dosent have a say in clan decisions or anything that effects the whole clan. The leiutenant is not given staff to even recrute yet. Thats a big power difference!

Why not Sergeant?

A sergeant is someone who is someone who knows the honor code very well! A sergenat hasnt shown much leadership yet. A sergeant should be an example to the privates but not a commander.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Lead By Example (put in my words)

A problem the usually occurs is t hat an individual maybe duoing a decent job bbut does not understand what it takes to be a LEADER. Great people say you should "LEAD BY EXAMPLE." A Leader in the dictionary is defined as "a guide, one who shows or conducts the way; a chief or commander." This does not give a LEADER enough credit for what he/she does everyday. A Leader should be able to make decisions on there won without all the accurate information. They must listen to both sides of a conflict, mix it together, and make a decision base on your results. This means talks to everyone involved in the conflict.

Example: (nothing related to KoG)

(past) two chairman of the whiteh house is arguing over George Bush's decision for declaring war on Iraq. They come to you to be the judge. (lets say one person is dog and the other is cat)

Dog is telling you that you shouldnt declare war because we are going to sacrifice many lives of Americans, waste billions of dollars for this war! He is saying with 35% of the money we spend on the war, we can use it to increase border line protection, increase airline protection and still have tons of money.

Cat is saying that we should send troops to Iraq and warn the world that if they attack us, we will attack them back 10 times worst. Make all terriorists around the world afraid of the U.S. and demolish all terriorists and even people who helped them with this plan.

So you make your own arguements for both sides.

What i made up

Dog

- save tremondous amount of money
- make U.S. a lot safer
- save the U.S. Soldiers

Down the Road.....

- be better prepared for another surprise attack
- pay of tons of dept that the U.S. owes the other countries (i think it was Japan)
- intruders will be blocked due to Border Protection and air line protection

Cat

- No worries about terriorists in Asia
- People will be afraid of attacking the U.S.

Down the Road....

- No worries about terrorists

Conclusion-

Looks like the dog has a better point and it could help the U.S. tremoundously. The cat is attacking too quickly without thinking. The Dog has ideas that will help our country as a whole. The cat is doing somehting that will keep the leader of the U.S. satisfied.

So il go with the Dog.

(this is not what George Bush chose to do)

Back to a Leader

a decision a leader should make may also affect all of KoG not just the individuals involved. Ask opinions from the ranks above you and the ranks below you and your partners. Take notes and from that make a final decision! KoG is Democatic! Led by the people!

A Leader should be able to do many different things in one day. They should check what is going on with the ranks above them, then look at the people below them and make sure everyone is happy. This helps the ranks above you that you are doing your job and YOU YOURSELF know that the ranks below you are doing their job as well.

A Good leader will produce many good leaders!

A leader should be able to deal with many different issues at once. Prentend you have many conflicts coming at you once. You should do one at a time, think clamly, fairly, and without prejudice to resolve the issue. This will lead you to make a great decision.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

These are what makes a great LEADER. Some people may be born a leader other have to put effort into it, and usually turn out better then those who were born leaders.

Remeber one thing "LEAD BY EXAMPLE"

Romance

Forum Junkie
Jan 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
Thank you so much scorpion. As a captain I often doubted myself when I promote someone. But lately I've noticed much promise in the people I've been promoting because of the very thing your talking about. Leading by influence.

SYN Ashley

Forum Addict
Apr 1, 2007
Denver!
please do me a favor.

give credit where credit is due.

im pretty sure this is from XGC TALISMAN XS's captain's class, when he used to run them.

thanks.

Last edited:

KoG STEALTH

Carpel Tunnel
Apr 29, 2007
Whittier CA.
VERY GOOD WORK

Very good work

This will answer and help out any and everybody in XG. Its quick and easy to find and read. As of a matter fact it even helped me a few times. Thanks KoG Scorpion XS. Keep up the good work!!!

KoG YoMoMmA

XG CONTRIBUTER
Aug 25, 2007
Pennsylvania
HMMMNNN....

Hmmmnnn....

You know I started off reading this and thought wow good job and good info for everyone until....you started bringing OUR President of the United States of America into it all!?!? Seriously what does he have anything to do with leadership in KoG...nothing!! So why post in THAT message even saying not related to KoG?? As a proud member of our countries United States Navy, I find it hard to believe that you have the testicular fortitude to bash our President in a great post about leadership in KoG but then I was proven wrong! To tell you the truth, that's only about half of it! If you do have the guts to post some smack talk about him at least post more accurate information because there's a whole lot more facts to throw in there about going to war vise not! Hell just off the top of my mind I seen you post Down the road the pro to not going to war would be to better defend our country of a surprise attack? That totally contradicts what you said about a safer country...Still worrying everyday about a surprise attack is still not a safer country! That's one of many flaws at your bashing of the President! Very disappointed in you KoG Scorpion XS but other then that issue once again great post on all the other things! :)

Last edited: