Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DO YOU LIKE DUBBED OR SUBBED ANIME?

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this subject, I just wanted to get an overview of everyone's thoughts and feels of the topic.

Me well, I prefer Dubbed anime only because when I watch action anime like Naruto, Fairy Tail, FullMetal Alchemist etc. I like to watch the immense action and when they have subs, I have to read and watch the action which is a pain for me. Since then I just become accustom to dub only because it is what I prefer. There are downsides to it yes like if you watch dub generally the sub comes out first but there is so much anime out there that it isn't like I don't have some other anime to occupy me until a distribution company gets the licensing. I wish they would license a lot of projects like SAO and the rest of Fairy tail and D-Gray Man.

JimmyKuddo

Carpel Tunnel
Jan 31, 2008
Everywhere & Nowhere
Dubbed with subs.

subway-pizza-sub.jpg

I mean, they both have their strengths. Subs can be good but that depends on the pace of talk and translation. Overall, I'd rather hear it in my native tongue or learn Japanese.

XGC Afina

Forum Junkie
Jan 19, 2013
Silverhill, AL
Dubbed, especially for certain animes like Black Butler. You can't just replace their original British accents with Japanese. It doesn't work that way for me and is a real turn off. x (

Lady Valor 7711

Forum Veteran
Nov 1, 2012
Washington
I would say dubbed, mainly because I too rather watch the story unfold that tether between reading and missing what is going on. I can't even imagine Black Butler not being dubbed either lol. But I mean, Death Note was ok sub, because the action kind of breaks when they talk, but once I found a dubbed version it was great. Still never seen Bleach and stuff for this reason. Sad I know.

XGC Afina

Forum Junkie
Jan 19, 2013
Silverhill, AL
They have like 10 seasons of bleach dubbed I think, nonetheless most of it is subbed and the anime is a dropped project apparently, at least they aren't making anymore that I know of.
Now that I think about it i think they did that with Inuyasha and dropped the project; I remember it having 150-something episodes but I don't think they ever finished making the last few episodes. I could be wrong though. Regardless, that's one of the few shows I can see truly dubbed because its setting was placed in modern day and feudal era Japan. They got that right as far as I'm concerned, but I've seen the show twice both in English and Japanese and enjoyed both versions equally.

Lady Valor 7711

Forum Veteran
Nov 1, 2012
Washington
I tried switching to the dubbed on Netflix and isn't working. No Bleach for me I guess. Still looking for another dubbed series to get into aside from initial D. Getting tired of it.

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Subbed for sure In some cases id rather dubbed though. I watched naruto english dubbed for the longest time and never realized how censored the english translation is. The straight japanese translation subbed is f****** awesome it shows that its actually a cartoon for adults lol. But if direct english translation is availible i would prefer not to be reading the whole time.

FenrirReleased

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 26, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
It honestly depends. I really love the Japanese voice actors for shows like Bleach and Darker than Black...

...but, that being said, shows like Fullmetal Alchemist have amazing English voice actors. It really does depend on the show and whether I see it in Japanese or English first. I lived in Japan for about 9 years as a kid, so I can pick up a decent part of what's going on even without reading. It just comes down to preference I guess. i.e. Do you want to wait months or years for it to be dubbed, or just watch it with subtitles?

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
It honestly depends. I really love the Japanese voice actors for shows like Bleach and Darker than Black...

...but, that being said, shows like Fullmetal Alchemist have amazing English voice actors. It really does depend on the show and whether I see it in Japanese or English first. I lived in Japan for about 9 years as a kid, so I can pick up a decent part of what's going on even without reading. It just comes down to preference I guess. i.e. Do you want to wait months or years for it to be dubbed, or just watch it with subtitles?

I agree, voice actors like Vic Mignogna, Greg Ayers, Christopher Sabot and many more are what make the English cast worth watching in my opinion. Getting licensing can take forever sometimes, the problem is there aren't enough English Licensing Distributors and they don't care about the series itself, just whatever is most likely going to sell at that time. D-Gray man is a perfect example; Great series but after episode 51, not one episode is in English dub because they are more focused on other projects. That kinda made me mad.