Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[DENIED] ZOMBIE GAME NIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Witch

Forum Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Seattle,WA
Area or game to be held on:
Black ops 2 Zombies (Grief)

Console to be held on:
xbox 360

Date & Time:
January 5th 9pm est

Is this a recurring event?
maybe

Host(s):
Xgc Gunnut
Xgc Witch

Additional Info:
We may need one more host depending on intrest

SYN MsTwiztid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2007
Hickory, NC
In my experience, as of late we've been having around 50-60 people in attendance per event. How are you going to make sure that everyone who wants to attend has the opportunity to?

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
yes, we have at least 2 hosts from each of our clans prepared to help out and host if necessary. We can get 8 per game, so i believe it is very achievable.

XGC Witch

Forum Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Seattle,WA
I understand the difficulty with this event but, I am with Gunnut and I believe this will work. I put it in the notes that we may need an additional host depending on popularity. Rather, then talking about the ways this event could fail why not discuss how to make it succeed.

XDC AlphaForce

Forum Star
Jan 27, 2012
East Stroudsburg, PA
Witch, we aren't trying to put you two down. We point out the things that can go wrong, because we are trying to make sure none of them pop up later. Also, we have done events like these before that we're complete and total failures. We just don't want your first event to be a failure, leaving you and your partner being denied from the events team. I am a veteran event planner, and I completely failed on a zombie night. It's just how it happens with zombies. There isn't enough room to host as many people will want to attend this. If you are dead set on doing this, I will host a lobby for you. But you need to make sure that EVERYTHING is in place for this.

SYN MsTwiztid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2007
Hickory, NC
To add, you must also realize that Alpha and I are here to help you. And I do not approve events unless i know there is a solid plan. I am not pointing out flaws, i am asking you to give me a concrete run down of what is going to happen at your event.

We expect cooperation from the applicants. In no way are we being negative or saying it will not work, we are only making sure all of our bases are covered.

XGC OneMunk

Forum Junkie
Sep 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
From my experience doing a zombie game night awhile back, I'll shed some of what my experience was and the issues.

1. Hosts vs Participants - People love zombies, but there is a limited amount of space in each lobby. Significantly less than in normal game modes. Which means you may have to deny people positions (which puts people off when it comes to future events).

2. Game Time - Zombies is a continuous, nonstop game mode. There are no breaks or chances for people to go away if they need to. Normally this period would be used to bring in people that are waiting. With no breaks in game play there is no chance to bring in people.

3. Organization - This ties in with the game time. Once you are in a game, how do you plan to organize the rest of the people that show up to be sure that everyone that shows up gets to play? Remember, you are the hosts and are in charge of the organization, if you're in a game you wont be able to coordinate between your game and the other lobbies that you would need to be setting up.

Zombies is great and all, but it isn't made for large groups. The purpose of these events is to bring the entire community together to play. The limited space/constrictions make this a more than daunting task to say the least. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to be done, just that it is way more of a headache/challenge than it looks on paper. I would like to see how you plan to run/organize the entire event before you attempt it.

XGC Witch

Forum Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Seattle,WA
Everyone is making this event much more complicated then it needs to be, you already do a similar event every month and no one ever questions it. If you have not figured out what event I am talking about its the monthly poker event. If we organize it the same way a poker night is run it will be successful.

SYN MsTwiztid

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 6, 2007
Hickory, NC
Everyone is making this event much more complicated then it needs to be, you already do a similar event every month and no one ever questions it. If you have not figured out what event I am talking about its the monthly poker event. If we organize it the same way a poker night is run it will be successful.

We don't host a monthly poker event. That's someone else. But regardless. We are not attacking you or your event. We are just asking questions. So, back on topic.

It looks like the event hosts for this will be Witch, Gun Nut, Hyper and Alpha. If you can get one more host i'll be perfectly fine with this. 5 hosts x 7 players = 35 in attendance. If you can manage to get 6+ hosts, i will be thrilled with you, but the minimum for me to approve this event is 5.

Please understand that it is my responsibility to make sure these events are a success. This is nothing personal against you and I am not saying that you can not host this event, i'm just telling you what i require from you before I approve it.

Thank you.

XGC GunNut

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 8, 2012
Portsmouth, VA
now are we allowed to use LT and above from our clans as additional hosts, because i believe like i said before that we have several additional people available for that night to help host.

Status
Not open for further replies.