Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DEBATE FORUM

SYN Southpaw

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Deep in the Adirondacks
Well, there's already an "XGC The Vent," hosted by Vader weekly, and it was a great idea, but debating -- or even just discussing an interesting topic really is surprisingly difficult. I know that I'd enjoy a debate forum, and I can't help but feel that alot of the intelligent, opinionated people in XG would enjoy just a little bit of mental excercise every once in a while.

KoG DeadMan

Forum Star
Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
This would be great but we could run into problems when people just get carried aways so if it comes up there would be real tight rules in my opinion.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
The Vent has been going on for some time now and every discussion has been handled very well amongst those that have attended. It is closely moderated by the originator XGC VADER and others that help him keep it positive. I have been to several myself and have seen many people who normally don't talk much or even seem to care about anything step up and really have some good stuff to say. The outcome of this to me has been very good as it seems to give people a set time and place to get together and talk about everything else outside of clan activities. Some new friendships have been made from this for sure.

Will it always be great and without bickering?
Probably not but with continued moderation and focus on keeping it simple I think it can be a very good thing.

Last edited: