Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DAMN THIS FLU BUG!!! SO THIS LEADS TO THE QUESTION.... FLU SHOT? OR NO FLU SHOY

Michigan Mullet

Forum Tourist
Dec 16, 2013
I do not do the shot... I risk it every year... This year (since last Tue.) has been a bad one for me.... 5 days of fever (that's long for me) unable to sleep, lung chunking up flubber, can't breathe thru my nose and I have sinus pressure so bad I feel like I have a second forehead that rivals that of the Cro-magnon man

Confidence is the feeling you have,
Before you fully understand the situation.

Last edited:

XGC TitusEpic

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 1, 2014
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
It's pretty much putting the flu into your body to fight it in the future. I'm lucky enough to work outside so I don't get stuck in rooms or offices with people who may come to work sick (in that case I would strongly consider it).

It's pretty much up to you, some people are against it, some people like me never have done it and never really get sick. Luck of the draw I guess. (knocking on wood right now that I don't come down with the flu tomorrow! lol)

Michigan Mullet

Forum Tourist
Dec 16, 2013
It's pretty much putting the flu into your body to fight it in the future. I'm lucky enough to work outside so I don't get stuck in rooms or offices with people who may come to work sick (in that case I would strongly consider it).

It's pretty much up to you, some people are against it, some people like me never have done it and never really get sick. Luck of the draw I guess. (knocking on wood right now that I don't come down with the flu tomorrow! lol)

I have a 8yr old daughter which is like a flu shot 24/7... But my job swings me both ways.... Indoors and outdoor.... When the shot first came out I I got the flu 3 times... The "shot gave me the flu".... Each time... Weather it did or not I don't know.... What I do know is better than 90% of the people I associate with get sick more than I do.... Usually far worse than me as well.... I suppose I will ride the coaster until I hit the edge.... For better or for worse

acadia92

Forum Noob
Mar 5, 2014
I get it every year but i think there are alot of factors at play such as work environment, how much contact with people you have etc.

Foxywidower

Forum Addict
Apr 22, 2013
Oregon Coast
I'm a teacher, and I have type 1 Diabetes (meaning I was born with it, and it is insulin dependent)...so my immune system is shot. I get a flu shot every year, and haven't ever had the flu. I've been sick before, but not with the flu. ***Knock on wood

KoG Smoke

XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG FRICTION
Oct 13, 2013
West Virginia University
www.youtube.com
If you get the Flu shot or not it does not help against the new strand of "Influenza A" as the CDC calls it. If you get the flu shot it still will not help against it. The only hope you have is if you get symptoms of the flu get to a doctor with in 48 hours and they can get you Tama-flu which is only effective in those first 48 hours.