Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CHANGE MEETING TIMES / ORDER

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
It has been brought up by many that we should consider changing our meeting times / order that we do them in.

I am speaking about the primary meetings we have in XG on Sunday.

As it stands we have a Generals Meeting at 8pm est which is also a meeting time for Section Leaders and Division Leaders. After which we then have a Section Leaders meeting and the Division Leaders meet with the Council Members. Then, many Section Leaders have meetings with the Generals in their section. As well as most Generals having meetings with their clans somewhere in the middle or after all that.

When I was a general I never understood the logic of this order of events and it seems that many Generals and others feel the same way. So, I am proposing we reorganize this chain of events to insure information flows a little better and we are not sitting around for 5 hours on a Sunday evening talking about the same things over and over.

Obviously, the primary information has to come from the leadership so it seems to make the most sense that they should meet first.

I meet with the Generals 30 to 45 meetings before their meeting and go over things that have been discussed throw out the week and given to me by other leaders in XG. Then I help get them setup in parties with all the generals and go to my own meeting with other SL's and Division Leaders.

Let me tell you, we do talk about issues in that meeting but, let's be honest, an hour?
no way. Same for the Generals meeting. More and More Generals, Section Leaders and Division Leaders have stated the meetings are to long or not eventful. To sit in a party for an hour for the sake of doing so doesn't make much sense to me. Get the issues out and let's get on with the good stuff, Playing games! Does not have to be HALO , can be any game. That is really what we are here for, right?

I have taken suggestions from many people and below are some of them. What I would like to see is a sensible discussion about the topic of meeting times and their order to include any other suggestions or comments from anyone.

I will take this information to our Meetings on Sunday and see if we can't bring together something that makes sense for us all.

The first proposed change was that we do not have a Section Leader meeting after sitting in a party for an hour having a meeting. If we do this then the Section Leaders can have their meeting with their own sections generals following that instead of having a mass generals meeting. Each Section Leader is responsible for meeting with their own generals and insuring the information is passed on. If we do this then generals can have their meetings with the clans following that. It was said that this made more sense as the information is being passed on down the chain of command and eventually gets out to everyone in the clan.

The second thing was maybe make the meetings 30 mins earlier as well as change the order around to have Section Leaders and Division leaders meet then have the Generals meetings after that. Section leaders could then sit in on meetings with the Generals to answer any immediate questions and/or write questions down to discuss with other Section Leaders in the following weeks meeting. This to me sounds very good.

Please consider these two options and add in your own thoughts but consider the entire community as you do.

Thanks.