Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CALL OF DUTY MOVIE!?

B0BAFETT

Forum Star
Dec 20, 2012
Lighthouse Point
Well as I'm sure most of you have heard over the last few weeks, rumours have been flooding around Hollywood and the geek gaming community that a proposed 'Call Of Duty' movie was about to be greenlite and put in pre-production. While some of you may love this or hate this, Entertainment weekly recently posted an article which makes it look like the movie is a no-go. here's the link.:cool: B0BAFETT

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/10/call-of-duty-movie-never-happening/

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
Who knows, with 343i's whole "Forward Unto Dawn" series for Halo4, its definitely looks like with the right people behind it, a good movie could happen...

The odds are pretty much non-existant though..

Wag Of Beed

Forum Junkie
Dec 24, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Well no offense but the H4 Forward Unto Dawn series was pointless IMO. Movies based upon videogames are just a last ditch effort by the game franchise to gain more money from the gamers.

Lady Valor 7711

Forum Veteran
Nov 1, 2012
Washington
I would agree that most games that they ate out to turn into movies pretty much fail, but I must admit, I did like the first 2 resident evil movies. I kinda liked the silent hill movies as well, but they super lacked in the natural creepiness the franchise has been known for. So when it started going around about a COD movie, I was pretty annoyed lol. How do you even turn that into a movie that isn't like any other war movie out there and still keep the essence of COD? You can't

D

Deleted Spam Bot

it will be a waste of money, but all the fanboys will watch it, it will be popular for a couple of months and then everyone will hate it just like the video game.

Wag Of Beed

Forum Junkie
Dec 24, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Agreed Mr STOLEN. The videogame industry should have their focal point on ways to improve their product. So many videogame movies have been disasters. Super Mario Brothers, Doom, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, the list goes on and on.

B0BAFETT

Forum Star
Dec 20, 2012
Lighthouse Point
I really liked the "Final Fantasy Spirits Within" movie. I thought it was pretty cutting edge at the time. Story wasn't the greatest but it looked amazing. As for the Resident Evil movies, THEY ARE AWFUL!! Seriously, coming from a HUGE Resident Evil fan and from the fact that I have been playing the franchise since the early PS1 days, the movies were a huge disappointment. I do look forward to the day they FINALLY make the long awaited Halo movie. But unfortunately it's wrapped up in development hell at the moment. The script has been written already. Infact it was written years ago right after King Kong 2005. Peter Jackson and WETA studios are behind it. Unfortunatley P.J. wanted Neil Blomkamp aka District 9 director to film it but the big studio exects were not going to have a then unknown helm a multi million dollar blockbuster. So P.J. said okay fine, and he went off with Neil and made District 9. If you look closely at District 9 it has major HALO elements in it. Some of the weapons I believe are direct props from the Halo film which was already in Pre-production. Hopefully one day.

XGC UZUMAKI

XG CONTRIBUTER
Feb 2, 2013
Konoha
Eh in my opinion theres enough high action based shooter movies out there. What they really need to do is make a halo movie that would be an all around blockbuster for gamers and science fiction fans alike

KoG HAVEL XD

DIVISION LEADER
GWG RESEARCHER
XG CONTRIBUTER
KoG EASY COMPANY
X-TEAM
KoG VENGEANCE
KoG HELLHOUNDS
KoG VALHALLA
Tournament Admin
Mar 6, 2012
il
i love call of duty but i think it will be a bad idea to make a movie after it

XGC Trickbind

Forum Star
Feb 4, 2008
Michigan
A Call of Duty movie? They don't really have a unique enough idea for a movie, though the plot-line to Ghost was kind of cool. I say just keep to what you know, and let people who actually make movies, make movies. I don't get the need for some of these large franchises to branch out and make movies based on their games, when the game itself is always going to be infinitely more successful than any movie they can come out with. "Doom", case and point, was an amazing game with years of awesome content and game play, but translated into a ****ty movie. Even the game culture they tried to inject into the movie with the "FPS" mode near the end of it, was stupid. Few industries can "cross media" their content and have it translated correctly, without bending to the appeal of the general audience.