Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BLACK OPS

night ninja

Get A Life!
Jan 30, 2011
I was wondering if anyone else is getting annoyed in losing games cause people quit. I find this really annoying cause I have at least 200 loses just because the host dashboards and kicks everyone out of the game. There was one point where i got 5 loses in a roll just cause the host dash boarded. Its getting to the point where i dont even want to play the game anymore just cause it happens so much.

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
It is very annoying, yes. But they've patched it so that dashboarding doesn't save your stats anymore. if you dashboard, your combat record will show the match you dashboarded... it seems as if a lot of people didn't get the memo and still do it anyway... but dashboarding is now no more beneficial than Start/Leave Game/Yes

XGC Traitor XC

The Queen's CoD Player
COMMUNITY LEADER
XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
Tournament Admin
Jul 15, 2010
Oceanside, CA
True. It is quite annoying. I've got about 260 losses on my record, and probably 70 of those are either a dashboard or dropping of connection in some other fashion. Unfortunately, when you play with a strong team that communicates, as many of us do (that's why we joined, right?), the opposing team is going to quit. Obviously, they can't take out the "Dashboard" function, but it would be nice if future games could detect when you quit and when your connection gets lost in some other fashion. It's time the tech caught up with the times and the generally annoying behavior of certain gamers.

I've said before that stats are pointless because they can be read in many ways, so I will add this: If the only way they can beat you is to Dashboard . . . don't feel bad. Wear those losses like a badge of honor.

XGC Traitor XC

The Queen's CoD Player
COMMUNITY LEADER
XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
Tournament Admin
Jul 15, 2010
Oceanside, CA
and its soooo sad cuz i paid 60 bux for it and devoted so much time and effort into it.

Wait . . . host dashboards are ruining the game for you guys? Not the fact that this game is often unbearably slow or that the spawn system makes certain gametypes completely unplayable?

It took me a while to realize that I shouldn't worry about things that I absolutely can't control. And, with the exception of the above solution, Treyarch can't even control it. If people are dashboarding on you too often to hold a 3 W/L, it seems more like bad luck to me.

night ninja

Get A Life!
Jan 30, 2011
people do it so much against me though. but i can kinda see why since like everyone i play with the people i play with just get blown out every game. No one like ever goes positive against us and they can never get a killstreak. the part that sucks about it is they never give us host so it just keeps happening.

OBSx1997xF350

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2011
Redding, CA
Me and 2 buddies were playin Core Demolition and won 38 games in a row playing with 3 randoms and still winning, but we ended up losing the streak due to a dashboard, lets just say we were po'ed!

OBSx1997xF350

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2011
Redding, CA
people do it so much against me though. but i can kinda see why since like everyone i play with the people i play with just get blown out every game. No one like ever goes positive against us and they can never get a killstreak. the part that sucks about it is they never give us host so it just keeps happening.

Sounds like I want you on my Gamebattles team

night ninja

Get A Life!
Jan 30, 2011
thats the part that frustrates me the most. you start building a win streak just for it to end on something bogus like that. they really need to fix it.

lol i did gamebattles for mw2 and took down top teams but havent really gotten into it for black ops

XGC Traitor XC

The Queen's CoD Player
COMMUNITY LEADER
XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
Tournament Admin
Jul 15, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Treyarch has said that a dashboard doesn't kill a streak, it just gives you a loss. In the past at least, you've actually had to lose to blow a streak. May have been patched . . .

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC
AGREED

agreed

i go for both. i dont want to lose and i want to maintain a over 2 k/d in each game

I'm the same way, except mine is a 4.00... if i get below a 4.00 i feel like I did trashy. Doesn't happen all that often... but when it does, it kinda makes me depressed. lol. I was a 2.17 the day the maps came out, now my TDM is a 2.5- something and my overall is a 2.45. woot! no camping. you can ask anyone in my squad, I mainly use Marathon, Ltwt, SoH and Famas twin mag. LOVE that class.

XGC Traitor XC

The Queen's CoD Player
COMMUNITY LEADER
XG Addict
XG CONTRIBUTER
XILED ELITES
X-TEAM
XGC WOLF PACK XK
Tournament Admin
Jul 15, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Yeah, K/Ds tough to judge in objective gametypes. Like you said, if you're jumpng on flags, you're putting yourself in more danger than usual. Mine sits well above 2, but I always see a drop when going for Marathon Pro, Flak Jacket Pro, or other perks that require an inordinately large amount of risky work to do.

And, naturally, as I comment on how it's just bad luck to get so many dashboarders, I ran into four in a row last night while trying to prestige. I now understand the depression.