Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BE MORE ACTIVE!!!!

BE MORE ACTIVE!!!!

• Will be attending the "flood the site" event

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Might be attending the "flood the site" event

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Will not be attending the "flood the site" event -_-

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

SYN Rambo

Forum Star
Apr 19, 2011
Alabama
Guys how come we have 50,605 members and no one is ever on? Also our most users ever online at one time is a 161? Come on guys with 50k + members we should be able to do better than this. Let's show we care about this community and are proud to be in it by being more active!!!

SYN Rambo

Forum Star
Apr 19, 2011
Alabama
haha ikr but i mean seriously it's sorry how no one is ever on. and the chatroom there are 0 in there atm so come on let's get active let this be our wii fit

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
Guys how come we have 50,605 members and no one is ever on? Also our most users ever online at one time is a 161? Come on guys with 50k + members we should be able to do better than this. Let's show we care about this community and are proud to be in it by being more active!!!

One thing to remember is that is the number of members that have registered on the site, because of this the member of registered users on the site is not a good way of measuring the number of people in XG as over time some people leave XG, are removed for breaching the honor code ect. People also go inactive for whatever reason aswell.

Now of the people that are still active in XG not all of them will get on the site, this could be through laziness, they may not have easy access to the site or it may not interest them.

That last point is something all of us that are on the forums can work to improve. People need to have a reason to get on the site. This could be playing a few forum games, checking info about clans (stuff on the forums needs to be up to date and relevant (I.e clan/squad list) which for a lot of that comes down to the leadership of the clans, I.e luitenants and up) or just to meet new people.

At the end of the day all of us who use the forums have a responsibility to do this.

Personally I think the forums are great and use them on a daily basis. I also use my iPhone so am generally on here whenever I'm gaming.

Nice to see the attitude you have though. Act on these things and wou will become a valuable part of XG.

Hope that helps :)

SYN Rambo

Forum Star
Apr 19, 2011
Alabama
that's true...and i do agree with you that things on here need to be more up to date. but still if people would actually use the chatroom it would be a great way to recruit and meet new people. but probably the most important aspect of it is it would bring this community closer if we for the most part stayed in touch with each other through gaming or chatting on here. i also think that would get even more people into the community. but it's great what we have here but we could make it even better:D

XGG Mizz Pixie

Forum Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Riverview, Florida
One thing to remember is that is the number of members that have registered on the site, because of this the member of registered users on the site is not a good way of measuring the number of people in XG as over time some people leave XG, are removed for breaching the honor code ect. People also go inactive for whatever reason aswell.

Now of the people that are still active in XG not all of them will get on the site, this could be through laziness, they may not have easy access to the site or it may not interest them.

That last point is something all of us that are on the forums can work to improve. People need to have a reason to get on the site. This could be playing a few forum games, checking info about clans (stuff on the forums needs to be up to date and relevant (I.e clan/squad list) which for a lot of that comes down to the leadership of the clans, I.e luitenants and up) or just to meet new people.

At the end of the day all of us who use the forums have a responsibility to do this.

Personally I think the forums are great and use them on a daily basis. I also use my iPhone so am generally on here whenever I'm gaming.

Nice to see the attitude you have though. Act on these things and wou will become a valuable part of XG.

Hope that helps :)

i would have to agree also, there are 50,000+ members on the site and most are probably banned or inactive atm or actual members.

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
Wouldn't say the majority of them are banned, but for the length of time XG has been about then there is bound to be a lot of people that have went inactive from gaming in general. Also you'll have people that have decided a clan enviroment isn't for them.

The best clan forums here are the ones that are active and more often than not everything on them is up to date.

SYN Rambo

Forum Star
Apr 19, 2011
Alabama
well if there banned they should be kicked from the forums...but still there should atleast be 30 thousand or so that are still active. and everyone that's viewing feel free to put your opinion in on this. we've had 41 views and three people are all that's posting. getting off subject here lol but we should really start using chatrooms and posting just get more people interested give them a reason to get on.maybe something like a most active member of the month or something

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
I understand your point but XG isn't completely focused on the forum aspect.
We are a gaming community, so we game. The forums are a tool in keeping the clans organized, opening up routes of communication etc. , however they are not the sole reason for XG's survival.
Members should have a balance between console activity and forum activity if they want to get the most out of their experience here.

You have a good attitude though and so will probably do quite well here. Just don't get caught up too much in forum politics et cetera though.

The Chosen One

Get A Life!
Aug 9, 2010
Anywhere but France.
Peronally I'd be happy if there was 3-5 thousand, actually I don't really mind the numbers as long as everyone we have is of a high quality that represents what XG is all about.

I have used the chatroom on here from time to time but when it comes to running my clan I next to never use it simply as if I need to talk to someone in person I'll do it over XBL, if I need to send out messeges I'll either do it through the site or again on XBL.

The chatroom comes somewhere between those two but dosent at the same time is 2nd best to both of the other options 99% of the time.

Snyder GFX

Carpel Tunnel
Aug 14, 2010
LV-426
lol ill tell ya why no one gets on the site there is nothing to do ive been a member for around 8 months and i havent seen any change ive seen the video team start up twice and dissapear that was cause the video leader was restrictive and shot down all the ideas im on the design team and was the only active member for like a month and a half the podcast team had a lot of interest that just dissapeared you want this site more active get a more motivated multimedia leader make changes give people a reason to want to get on the site and see what its members have created

I WONA BURRITO

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 23, 2010
Lebanon, NJ
www.youtube.com
lol ill tell ya why no one gets on the site there is nothing to do ive been a member for around 8 months and i havent seen any change ive seen the video team start up twice and dissapear that was cause the video leader was restrictive and shot down all the ideas im on the design team and was the only active member for like a month and a half the podcast team had a lot of interest that just dissapeared you want this site more active get a more motivated multimedia leader make changes give people a reason to want to get on the site and see what its members have created

I agree with you i have been a member for 11months now...

When i first joined i thought this was a very cool place and right around 3months ago it CRASHED HARD!!!!

I dont see very many people on... The ones that are on the forum are vets which is great but you dont build a clan by the same people posting in it over and over..
You need new people in it... I have seen maybe 5people new posting everywhere which is GREAT...

But the other people that are in XG dont have anything to look at / work for....

I know LTs and CPTs that dont get on the forums because Quote NOTHING TO DO---ITS DULL AND A WATE OF TIME. Unquote.

I mean i played the arcade like it was my job at one point but like everything that gets old...

Its not very hard to go get free games and add them to this site...

There are very small things that would make this site AMAZING and make people want to join just for the site...

Thats my thought to add on to yours snyder :)

Galactus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Bragg, NC

I can definitely back this stand-point. Although, I do enforce forum activity within my clan. I actually have a sort of incentive program for those who are active in the forums and, as a result, my forums are very active. One of my members is always posting new ideas and striking new conversations. Granted, there isn't really much incentive for anyone to really get on the forums, but if you really are dedicated to XG, you'll still post. It's not an obligation, but I feel every member should have a sense of obligation about it, if that makes sense.

I feel like there should be more incentives/activities to keep members inspired to get on the forums and maintain at least a 2.5 PPD, and I do feel the multi-media section could use some change. But, until the day comes where XG shakes things up a little, I do everything in my power to keep my clan members on the forums and it's fairly successful. Of my 38, a good 10 of them are on the forums consistently. I'm not saying that's an "astronomical" figure, but I'm not aware of any other clan where more than 1/4th of the clan is on the forums.

So, my belief is that somewhere we can start is with each general/captain making an incentive for members to be on the forums. I.e. a promtion incentive, or making a "poster of the week" or something along those lines. Another place we could start is by making this community less of an aristocracy, which I know is asking too much, but I feel like it would help. Being a new guy makes you really feel dwarfed by everyone else, and I don't like that because you should come into the community with a certain sense of comfort, not intimidation.

Last edited:

I WONA BURRITO

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 23, 2010
Lebanon, NJ
www.youtube.com
I can definitely back this stand-point. Although, I do enforce forum activity within my clan. I actually have a sort of incentive program for those who are active in the forums and, as a result, my forums are very active. One of my members is always posting new ideas and striking new conversations. Granted, there isn't really much incentive for anyone to really get on the forums, but if you really are dedicated to XG, you'll still post. It's not an obligation, but I feel every member should have a sense of obligation about it, if that makes sense.

I feel like there should be more incentives/activities to keep members inspired to get on the forums and maintain at least a 2.5 PPD, and I do feel the multi-media section could use some change. But, until the day comes where XG shakes things up a little, I do everything in my power to keep my clan members on the forums and it's fairly successful. Of my 38, a good 10 of them are on the forums consistently. I'm not saying that's an "astronomical" figure, but I'm not away of any other clan where more than 1/4th of the clan is on the forums.

So, my belief is that somewhere we can start is with each general/captain making an incentive for members to be on the forums. I.e. a promtion incentive, or making a "poster of the week" or something along those lines. Another place we could start is by making this community less of an aristocracy, which I know is asking too much, but I feel like it would help. Being a new guy makes you really feel dwarfed by everyone else, and I don't like that because you should come into the community with a certain sense of comfort, not intimidation.

I agree with you 100% with the whole thing...

On your PPD topic ( for those of you that dont know that stands for posts per day ) I have a PPD of around 6 and i was without a computer for 3-4 months so its not a hard thing to do :)

SYN Rambo

Forum Star
Apr 19, 2011
Alabama
i do see your point that there is a balance between the forums and gaming but even that's not there. if they would get on like i do when i check my facebook or my email i just look on here see if i have any messages or posts.i also started going to the new members profiles and welcoming them to xgc. ya know it's just little stuff like that i'm talking about nothing major

Snyder GFX

Carpel Tunnel
Aug 14, 2010
LV-426
people have been doing little stuff like that forever major is what this site needs just saying for the amount of members this is a pretty empty unchanging website a major change would do it some major good

I WONA BURRITO

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 23, 2010
Lebanon, NJ
www.youtube.com
people have been doing little stuff like that forever major is what this site needs just saying for the amount of members this is a pretty empty unchanging website a major change would do it some major good

I agree with you there...

Get a real head count...

Clean up the people that a no longer here...

Make like 5 new logos for XGC XGG SYN and KOG XG and have people vote upon it...

You know simple things this stuff isnt hard i have ran my own site its really not.