Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wicked 7

XG CONTRIBUTER
You can upload your own personal avatar but thats one of the perks they keep for the people with silver subscription and up if you go to your user cp you can subscribe by going down to the very bottom and click paid subscriptions. i think for silver its 10 a year gold is 15 a year and platinum is 40 a year if you want to go check them out you get different capabilities on the site for each one. Hope this helps you out.

Claudia Rikku

Forum Member
May 25, 2009
Chandler, TX
so in order for me to have my own custom avatar i have to pay money for it? :/ thats kinda lame imo... They should fix it you need to post so many post to be able to upload your own or somthing...

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
It's really not lame. It helps out your community. To run the website it costs money and its money when you join up that you don't have to pay. If you have the money to spare I would subscribe. It's worth it. I love wearing my XG shirt around. I support this website and the community I am apart of.

Claudia Rikku

Forum Member
May 25, 2009
Chandler, TX
but no one would really take part into the community if fourms lack a simple feature, There are good ways to make money. Donation's and etc. like say, XGC Controller covers, decorate your xbox 360 and controller to XGC Logo. there are other things probably like bumper stickers,key chains and all sorts of things you could do. I would subscribe as well, Unfortunatly im rather poor :/ so i really couldn't, But it wont stop me from supporting the community by heart <3

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
I think it would cost a lot more money producing those products. Plus finding a manufacture is tough especially with the way the economy is. As apposed to a few years ago it wouldn't be that hard. Sure I was on the same page as you when I joined the community, I thought to myself " Well every website has an avatar feature for free, why doesn't this?" But to run the website you need money and like I said before not only do you get the avatar feature, but you receive other perks as well. I take pride in my shirt and I need to buy another one due to my gamer tag change ;P but that's no biggie, couple bucks and I got a cool shirt with my GT on it. Plus a lot of people know this community and they ask if I'm apart of it and if I can get in. Its a good way to represent yourself.

Wicked 7

XG CONTRIBUTER
you can go to your user cp and click on edit memberships down at the bottom and not trying to be smart or anything but as far as not supporting the community when you post look at how many people have the extra subscriptions DK is right websites cost alot of money to run month to month thats not counting the cost that most sites pay to have people design it. We use our own design team to make pretty much everything you see on the site and the designers do it for free just as volunteer work to keep the community running great.

Emo Zorro

Forum Star
Apr 3, 2009
Washington
CUSTOM AVATAR

custom avatar

Yeah So I have been trying to create a custom avatar or at least put on a better one. So we have to have a subscription or something?? How does that work? we have to pay? I thought XGC was FREE. or is that just for the basic stuff?

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
so in order for me to have my own custom avatar i have to pay money for it? :/ thats kinda lame imo... They should fix it you need to post so many post to be able to upload your own or somthing...
Why should post count have any bearing on which avatars you can use?

It may be lame, but its the way things are here. $15 isnt much to nearly double your forum options

Its free for the basic stuff, but if you want to have a bigger role in the community or add to your personal profile (more), you have to pay a small amount for it. They arent asking much IMO

Emo Zorro

Forum Star
Apr 3, 2009
Washington
It just sucks that you have to pay. I understand that its just a little to keep things running on here so its alright. I might just pay it. But then again.. do i really need a custom avatar?? I was way more concerned about getting my sig done. you can also pay like 10$ for real basic needs.

SYN BLACK XS

XG CONTRIBUTER
May 31, 2009
Seattle
I hear ya, its all about personal preference. I opted for Gold membership just so I can have up to 3 images in my sig, the custom avatar was just a really nice bonus.

It also gives you access to the members lounge (another sub-forum)...lol if that helps