Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ASVAB

St1ddy

XILED EVENTS
Dec 14, 2012
Norfolk, Va
www.facebook.com
I take my test tomorrow for the US Air Force. I scored a 70 on the practice. I need an 80 for the job I want. Either way, I have been told to not go open, but I will be happy enough to be able to get in.

What food did you eat night before and day of when you took yours?
I've read to eat eggs and oatmeal with toast.

If you could say a prayer, wish me luck; I would really appreciate the support given. (Moral boosts do wonders)
Thank you for taking your time to read this.

PS-Any advice is accepted

xD4RKxCH40Sx

Forum Addict
Dec 13, 2008
NH
Good luck bro. I was sick when I took mine and I got a 89. My never lets me live down that she did better than me..lol.. as for advice do your best, just like every test you've taken in HS or collage just try your best. If you dont hit 80 to get what you want try at it again.

XGC DEATH SHOT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 22, 2012
Arkansas
Ahh I miss those good old days back when I took my ASVAB. I ended up getting a score of 119 overall on my GT score. I know it's a little late, but I had a healthy light dinner the night before I took the test and of course I had a couple of glasses of water too...but breakfast was where it was at with a couple of slices of toast and some perfectly cooked eggs and a glass of oj on the side.

XGC EtherBunny

XG CONTRIBUTER
Sep 17, 2014
Sykesville, MD, USA
I don't think it's so much about what you eat, but you're aptitude at thinking critically. A lot of the questions, especially the technical ones rely on common sense to get the answer. You should also watch out for those questions that make it seem much more complicated when it's really a simple problem.

XGC Scoundrel

Forum Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
United States
Congrats!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember the practice ASVAB being harder than the actual ASVAB. I suppose you had to do the ridiculous psych eval that goes along with it lol

Also, it's definitely not about what you intake (so long as a 750 of alcohol isn't involved) so much as how you sleep the night before. This goes for any type of pressure test day. Maybe some multivitamins and cod liver oil might be a good brain power supplement to take the day before and morning of.

I got a 97 on mine and 115+ across the board. I was going to become a 35F (Intel Analyst) in the Army but someone snatched up the slot before I could reserve it... so I went with 91B (Mechanic) instead lol

Good luck

St1ddy

XILED EVENTS
Dec 14, 2012
Norfolk, Va
www.facebook.com
No, lol. I got a 70. Not high, but hey, I can get in. I'm content.
I did feel all the studying and practice was harder than the test itself, but I scored the same on my PreASVAB.
Thank you all for the support.