Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ARCADES

edicius13HAHA

Forum Junkie
Nov 20, 2009
new Mexico
remember arcades? i miss those things

you know being 11 years old with a pocket full of quarters and playing your favorite game against some other dude... almost like the first kind of online play

remember ninja turtles, killer instinct, street fighter 2 turbo and pinball machines..... oh and that one sega game that was this holographic 3d game with a cowboy... good times.. too bad all those are gone i used to love them
3-dsegagame.jpg

now a days its about $1-$3 a game

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
Loved playing street fighter 2 when i was younger. But now when i go play arcade games i feel so ripped off..Like time crisis for example. If i get killed do you think i want to pay another 3 bucks to play all over again? i don't think so.

edicius13HAHA

Forum Junkie
Nov 20, 2009
new Mexico
there are dave and busters commercials all the time on tv here (albuquerque, nm) but there isnt one here! lol

its kind of sad though they just started popping up around in phx az, which is where i lived before here

for me the arcade thing is kind of a past time kinda thing for me, i wish kids these days could share it, you know like the hang out spot, like roller rinks

its like a bar for kids lol

the other cool thing is ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A QUARTER TO PLAY A GAME, i'd find a quarter then walk a quarter mile just to get my *** kicked at street fighter

Inked Ivy

Carpel Tunnel
Oct 7, 2009
Auckland, Aotearoa
Im too young but im told that they never really took off here, except for a few major ones where everyone went to hang out. These days there are only a couple of 'timezones' arcade around attached too the cinema etc. but they are way too pricey.

edicius13HAHA

Forum Junkie
Nov 20, 2009
new Mexico
well the ones i remember when i was a kid werent really big, they were almost like bars for kids lol

just replace beer with soda

they were usually little hole in the walls, like one in los angeles i remember was kinda cool, it was owned by some asian dude and he used to hook us up with quarters every once in a while for no reason or because we shoved every qaurter we could into his machines

there was also the golden que in arizona, at the daytime younger kids would go there to play their modded arcade machines, like the mortal kombat with some altered images and sounds, such as scorpion screaming a profanity after the 'come here' spear, and at night teenagers found themselves medicating their glaucoma before playing pinball or pool