Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APPLYING 4 PROMOTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC HYLANDER XC

COMMUNITY LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Mar 27, 2006
somewhere on the internet
Promotions are EARNED, period.

You don't deserve to be promoted just because you have been around a long time or a nice guy/gal or think you are doing a great job. It is an honor to be recognized by your peers and given the opportunity to accept more responsibility with the next rank.

K

KoG Gluttony

Thats not what hes saying, Hylander. He means that so many people that deserve promotions that work hard dont get recognized for it. I know, I was talking to him when he posted it.

iSpew

Forum Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
Las Vegas
If you are doing hard work and helping to build the Community, it WON'T go unnoticed. And before you respond with, "There are plenty of people who do hard work and don't get recognized," you should realize that they probably aren't evaluating themselves on the criteria that we use when decisions are made to promote people. Besides, I guarentee 85% of those that would "apply" for another position wouldn't deserve it. Oh, and who wants to sit around and sift through applications where people are just talking themselves up?

And going off of what Hylander said, it means more when you are recognized by your peers for your performance, not by yourself.

Romance

Forum Junkie
Jan 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
Yea but isn't that what people in the design team do? I know that people would be posting there nonstop but if thats true than most of them probably wont be that good or long. Hylander, I understand what your saying but it wouldn't be the the final word on a promotion. It would just show the leaders how committed someone is and how they believe they deserve one. Its almost a progress report that anyone can view. The application could have references on it and stuff like that. You wouldn't even have to view the references unless you believe the application is really good. I'm not going to fight with you guys about it. It was just a thought and I wanted to see how people would react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.