Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANYONE WANT TO HELP ME OUT?

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
Goes to show how desperate I'am hahaha
I'm doing this psychology essay on 'why are there more males in prison than females?'
Simple question, but I can't find anything good that will help me. Does anyone know where would be a good website or journal article that will provide some decent information on this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
Luckily enough i had to do something like this in my criminal justice class my frosh year of college haha :D
Unfortunately as far as backing this statement here is a link to something but as far as to "why" you may have to search for what men and women are incarcerated for. for instance males are incarcerated for property violations less then women and such of that nature.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/censusstatistic/a/aaprisonpop.htm

EDIT: for australia ;)
http://www.pariahnt.org/pages/Prison-Stats-Australia.htm

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
Thank you so much. I had a feeling that someone on here had to be studying criminal justice :) Aw you even found something from Australia to :D thanks again now I know how I'm going to start this essay

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
does your school have access to online journals? i got my B.S. in psychology at Penn State and we had free access to the leading psychology journals. you should see if your school has the same... those journals normally had a search feature in them making it easy to find quality articles...

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
My university has a very large database of on-line journals, but the funny thing is when I went to search for a journal article and find the one I like they don't have it. I get annoyed and wonder what the point of putting this in here if its not located in the database. It's like the the data base is mocking me..Maybe I'm just not searching hard enough or the key words I'm using for my search isn't right..

GREEEN TZU

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 17, 2008
Northwest U.S.
SMART JUSTICE, XYY & OPINIONS...

Smart justice, XYY & Opinions...

Smart justice for women ~

SmartJustice believes that locking up women who are vulnerable and desperate rather than inherently bad does little to reduce their offending behaviour.

XYY..?

Are XYY males more prone to aggressive behavior than XY males?

Though that may be the case, it looks like there is alot of ideas for your query.

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
94% of those in jail in NZ are males. That doesn't help you out at all its just a random fact I discovered about 10 seconds ago and felt like sharing lol.

94%?! wow thats alot..But thank you for sharing..In a way giving that statistic does help lol

Green TZU Thanks for those two websites links that's going to be a big help with my essay as well...Thanks for helping out everyone I'd give you all a big hug if I could :D or some chocolate, everyone loves chocolate lol

GREEEN TZU

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 17, 2008
Northwest U.S.
MY PLEASURE HUNTRESS.

My pleasure HuNtReSs.

I learned something and got to debate a bit. :D

Not sure which two you looked at, so I posted all three again for you... Each one of those are links. The bunch of opinions has a reference list on the bottom let alone the IDEAS (Ihighlight,) I spoke about.

iHighL1gh7 xXx ~ "btw thats united kingdom just an fyi lol"

Whats your point Ihighlight..?

Her statement was, "I can't find anything good that will help me."

And her query was, "Does anyone know where would be a good website or journal article that will provide some decent information on this?"

"A lead is a lead is a lead"
I provided just that for her.

I did a search for, "Why are there more men in prison than women?" And probably 95% of the results led to sources from Great Britain. Unless her challenge specifically states "only in Australia," would there be any concern as far as your demeaning statement goes. "F.Y.I. & L.O.L.." Not only are you creating drama and even though it is slightly on topic, its not. You also provided no contribution. Hence the nature of your statement.

In conclusion, it wouldn't matter where the sources came from, Great Britain, Australia or Timbuktu. A man is a man and a woman a woman wherever they are..! :cool:

Last edited:

SYN HighLite

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 23, 2008
Modesto, CA
That information that i said was not for you it was for her because i told her where each article came from if you really want to start some drama with me you can send me a msg and deal with it im not interested in your attack on me in an open forum

GREEEN TZU

Carpel Tunnel
Jun 17, 2008
Northwest U.S.
MY FAUX PAUX' JOOOEEEY...

My faux paux' JOOOEEEY...

Your reply was not quoted to a specific post. Sooo, there was no attack on you but a defense on my part. Like your reply, mine was intended to publicly debauch what was mistakenly took as an attack on me. Thank you for the hopefully, mutual lesson.

*Extends arms for a BIG hug..!*
:D

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
Oh my bad typo..Yeah I meant the 3 links.
Guys, I do appreciate your help but please, don't start anything that will turn into a more heated discussion. It's just an essay topic. If it eases your mind this particular essay doesn't have to be based a lot on Australia it's just a general question. (Although it does help a bit) I can see why most of the results are from the UK. Most of our laws and our parliament were adopted since we are technically still part of monarchy. (Even though the monarchy doesn't have any say on how the country is run totally off topic, random information)

Like I said I really do appreciate this, I'm not the best at writing essay's. I'm lucky if I get a credit for this one like I did with one of my other essays. It's nice to see that our community is willing to help someone if asked. :)

XGC Knightehulk

Forum Tourist
Apr 28, 2010
Oregon
have u tried using the search engine bing.com?? they are usually better at finding more of wat u need than yahoo or google. i use them all the time when dealing with the odd or more in depth thing si am searching for.

SiLeNt HuNtReSs

Forum Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Australia
Never really used that one. I'll give it try. I've already handed in this essay I was talking about, but I'm currently starting another one so this will help thanks knightehulk :)

Last edited: