Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANY TIPS FOR A GRADUATION SPEECH?

Dusty Dino Nuts

Forum Rookie
Apr 12, 2017
I go to a theraputic school because I have emotional disorders, including anxiety. The school social worker asked who wanted to speak and 3 people volunteered including me. (I go to a small school of less than 100) And now 2 of them backed out and when I went to back out because I was having anxiety attacks, I found out that they bailed so I didn't want to feel bad so I said I would do it. Me, by myself. I need tips, ways to cope and just anything that you people think will help better me.:D

lDevilsRejectl

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jul 11, 2016
Korriban
Well. Rule #1: Do not look at the crowd. Look over the top of their heads. If you don't make eye contact, it will help a lot. Try not to think about the people listening. It's quite fine. Make sure you know what you are going to say and have it written down on a piece of paper or something. That way you can always go back to that reference. Keep the speech short, don't drag it out with repetitive words. Longer you stand, the worse it will get. If you notice, only time there are long speeches is when there is a lot to talk about, if not, then don't. Those are a few tips from me who deals with anxiety to help with public speech.