Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH

SYN Southpaw

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Deep in the Adirondacks
Anybody seen this movie? It's all about global warming, and it's by Al Gore. Now, first of all, who the hell gave Al Gore a movie? Honestly, when I first heard about it I thought that the person telling me must've been joking. "There's no way Al Gore could make a movie!" I said, "He doesn't have anywhere near the attention span required for that!"

But lo and behold, it was true. So I watched it. Yes, I actually watched a movie made by Al Gore - I don't know what to tell you, except that you shouldn't smoke weed behind a store that's selling a movie with polar bears in it.

But I digress.

I watched the movie, all of it. And I believed it.

Biggest mistake of my life.

So I went on about my daily life, destroying just as much of the world as I had before, just feeling a tiny little bit more guilty about it. Until I found out the truth about An Inconvenient Truth. Al Gore, Mr. I'm So Cereal, the idol of Down's-Syndrome stricken children everywhere, had just... made up everything in the movie. Polar bears and all.

And I laughed so hard that I passed out.

XGC Misfit13k

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
First of all, he didn't make up anything in that movie, its a scientific FACT that global warming will happen, not in the near future but it will happen eventually. which means soon nothing will be left of the Earth except water. That said, don't be lazy and help the environment, like me, i don't throw away garbage on the side of the road, i refuse to drive a car(making it Hell to get a job) and ill help anyway i can just to let the earth survive for more than 100 more years.

Watching this movie wasn't the Biggest mistake of your life, maybe you learned something from it. You just don't wanna acknowledge it because the movie was made by someone you don't like. Take the information form An Inconvenient Truth and use it wisely, please! lol

By the way, yes i am a Mad Man

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
I'm not going to resort to ad hominem attacks on a guy who can't defend himself from them (haha did it anyway). Al Gore has no idea what he's talking about (I also mean about anything, not just this movie) (and oops, another attack lol). From what a few of my friends have told me, he's just spouting things from scientists.

SYN Southpaw

Forum Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
Deep in the Adirondacks
Sorry, Misfit. I am convinced that global warming is the most politicized bit of pseudo-science since Copernicus got into trouble for suggesting the earth wasn't the center of the solar system. The government clung to erroneous science then, and it is doing so now. It persecuted dissenters then, and it's doing so now.

Here's a link to one page that has many links to hard science behind the claims that global warming just isn't the bogeyman so much of the media and political left want it to be. It's an inconvenient myth. And reputable scientists are abandoning the cause steadily.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=E58DFF04-5A65-42A4-9F82-87381DE894CD

BoNeChIlLa

Forum Noob
Apr 2, 2007
Bronx
I saw this for school. And no he isnt just stating quotes from other scientists. He did actually do the research for his basis on everything stated. It was a decent documentary(not a movie)

XGC CouchBurner

Forum Junkie
Dec 9, 2006
WVU
al gore...doing research? that blows my mind (sorry, i can't help it)

as for everyone (including me), southpaw is the ONLY one to provide a link with (gasp more links and evidence) to back up his claim.