Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AN EXPLENATION AS TO WHY WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO POST

XGC CRAZYNESS

Forum Junkie
Dec 7, 2012
Canada
All right fellow clan mates and fellow XG, whoever may read this.
I am writing this so people can better understand as to why we are all asked to post on the XG website.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

It was brought to my attention by someone that others have said they think we are being told by higher ups to post on the website because they want to get their moneys worth on the site and a few other silly reasons.

THE REASON they ask and encourage all of us to post is so we can NETWORK... We are a Gaming Community not just an individual clan.
The site is to help us better communicate as a clan by posting in our forums YES... BUUUUT..... we don't have to just post in our forums. We can post on the walls of friends we have made, we can click on their clan banners and post in their clan forums and see how other clans are run... we can visit the other divisions also and see how their clans are run. We can meet people from around the world even. We have many many different sorts of people registered on this great site of ours.

Posting on this site is a look outside of the box, it is a great and easy way for information to be passed around to everyone quickly... for example.
On the xbox 360 you only get 100 friends.
If section leaders were needing to send mass messages it would make more sense to do so on here. They are not going to have every General on their profile..

I have also heard that people think it is a major reason we have had trouble with bringing in recruits lately... " That nobody wants to join a clan who HAS to post on this website ." FIRST OFF.. People are encouraged to post not told to post. We can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. People are going to be as active as they want to be. Those who take the initiative are the ones who are going to move up and get those higher promotions. So keep that in mind... Back on track now though, when recruiting it is very important to let them know we are site based YES this is true. When talking about it don't tell possible recruits WE HAVE TO POST. You first have to know why it is we do post on the XG WEBSITE. So you yourself know the difference because it is all on how you sell it. That is certainly not by saying we have to. When recruiting someone, let them know that we have our rank structure and our honor code. Let them know we are SITE BASED and encouraged to be active on the site. Let them know some of the reasons why we are site based ie.. We have 5 different gaming divisions on 5 different gaming platforms. So it keeps us in touch with our clan but also with other divisions, as we are not just a clan but a GAMING COMMUNITY.

I hope this sheds some light in the issues with posting and hope you look at it in a whole new light.
Happy Posting!!! :)

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR THOUGHTS OR ANYTHING YOU MIGHT LIKE TO ADD BELOW!!!!

This was posted in my Clan Forum for my guys in XGC SOLDIERS XK. People started copy and pasting it to their forums and was suggested to be posted for all.
I commented on the post on the Exiled Gaming Face Book Site and here were some comments that followed with other good info...

Xiled Gaming:
Why don't you submit this as a news article? This belongs on the from page of the website. Well written.

Anonymous: Still the community way of thinking is basically a big pyramid scheme if you want to move up you need to recruit

XGC CRAZYNESS: This was a thread I wrote in my clan forum to my guys in XGC SOLDIERS XK and for anyone in XG to read.

XGC CRAZYNESS: "Anonymous" that is your own way of thinking on how XGC is run. We recruit because we love our community and want to share and grow it with others. When you have something you enjoy, love, and believe in don't you want people to experience it??? As posting on the site people are not forced to recruit but encouraged. People are going to be as active as they want to be.

Anonymous:As is such you dont have to recruit or post but you wont move up Ione of my friends well liked in his squad wouldnt post alot but checked the forums often a good leader and excellent tactician would have loved to have had his own squad passed up for promotion "because you dont bring in recruits" his general's exact words

Anonymous: Also Ive watched my fair share of groups splinter off since I joined xgc and I think the good riddance attitude that folks have towards people leaving is at it's core a slap in the face to the honor code we agreed to abide by

XGC CRAZYNESS: Those who want to lead need to apply themselves and do that extra to show they really want it. Same as any promotion... you don't get one simply because you think you deserve it... you get one because you earned it. If you are simply just getting on to game and have fun then private is where its at. Moving beyond that point requires a little more responsibility for each rank... just like in COD games.. the points get higher to reach that next rank but with a little time and determination you get there.
Our clan structure clearly states what we need to do to get to that next rank. If he wanted it bad enough he would have or could have moved up.

Anonymous: Ive watched plenty of people get moved up to sgt just because theyve been in in the clan awhile post count on the forums and how many recruit you can bring in are deciding factors for I was told this when I was made captian

XGC CRAZYNESS: Well that is wrong... there is no set number of recruits needed to become SGT....

Anonymous:
No I mean people just given sgt because they meet the minimum time requirement to make that rank

XGC CRAZYNESS:
Well in that case the person doing the promoting better be careful because becoming SGT allows them an XG name if wanted and as a CPT you need to ask yourself a few questions before promoting to that rank... one of them being are they a good representation of XG. It states that they have to wait two weeks at the least to become SGT not that they get it regardless then. Each rank is to be earned and might take longer to achieve, however, I have seen that some clans will have their own ways of doing things​

XGC ICON XD

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
CT
Well written. There are NO requirements that you must post on the website. When I was an XS, I had a clan that would very rarely post in their forum, and I also had a clan that was very active in their forum. Both clans were great clans. Being active on the forum does not clearly represent the happiness and well-being of a clan. While we all move up the ranks, website activity does start to play a role in each responsibility a little different from the previous rank. A good example of this is posting squad/clan lists, or moderating the forums.

In my own opinion, the website has always been an extension of what we do on the box, and one does not replace the other. They should compliment each other, and every clan has their own personality and definition on how they should be used together. Forum activity is encouraged, and we do appreciate it.

Last edited:

KoG Kisses

Get A Life!
May 3, 2013
I agree with this post. I don't tell my guys in my squad that they need to post to get promoted, but just like Crazy as I do encourage it. One of the things I got told as a recruit was I had to post on the website so I kept doing it, but I got told differently as a SGT. I agree if you want a promotion, you need to take that extra step. A great leader does not just sit on their bum and do anything, you have to show that you want that position. Good post crazy.

XGC iGhost

Forum Star
Feb 12, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Agreed, but not going to lie, I love the forum aspect more than the gaming aspect. Or I did at least. Lately been extremely few posts. But when it was at its height, there was 200+ new posts a day and we all became really close and extremely good friends via the forums. I think, like ya'll said, it isn't a must, but its a very good plus to have ^.^