Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AMERICAN'S THIS FOR YOU

SYN Black Wolf

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, AB, Canada
You know I have come across many a forum in which Americans complain about taxes... I gotta say buddies try being a canadian :D and then ***** about taxes until then understand you guys have it pretty easy especially with your countries for the most part government hands off policy

for example in Canada everything is taxed to hell and back up to I think its forty percent of a wage may be taxed and then ontop of those taxes all our products are taxed assuming the value of our dollars were similiar What would cost an american say 30 or 40 dollars us canadians are looking at 60 or 70 dollars and then ontop of all of that I mean I live in alberta its one of the few provinces that doesn't do this but there is a PST in most provinces so an additional 5% of a purchase is charged in junction with a GST which I am sure everyone in the world has and I think our current GST rate is at 6% not to mention the Tarrifs and tax rates on the products we buy :p

So please listen to the Canadian telling you, you guys have it easy and remember buy buy buy, it is the only true cure for a recession

Last edited:

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
I lived in California and taxes were 10% before I left the country. Its quite ridiculous taxes though, considering you're paying money out of your check to help others who aren't working and who are here illegally. Logically speaking, that really is absurd considering I work 16-20 days for someone who sits at home and is on "welfare" or those illegal immigrants who don't get taxed.

Now you say we complain? Because we have a valid reason. If our money was going to something more useful as saying it would better YOUR community in anyway shape or form then I would understand and those who aren't conniving greedy individuals, would understand also. I wouldn't mind my tax dollars to help better schooling for kids and to help advance technology to cure diseases.

But truthfully who really knows where your money is going? I understand there is state and federal taxes, but where is the extra money I know they are taking out going?

But in short, we have a valid reason to "complain".

That Dam Noob

Forum Member
May 1, 2009
If your referring to sales tax, we have that on everything that is bought here in America too. Everything that is imported in every country in the world is taxed to hell. I'm pretty sure where I am its about 7.5%. Cali is real bad, I think NY is too.

Not to mention excise taxes. My cigarettes are so expensive now >.<. Not sure if you have those in Canada, but I would imagine you do.

XGC V3RDICT

XG CONTRIBUTER
Oct 13, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
They will continue to up the tax on cigarettes so that it gets to expensive so people are basically "forced" to quit. Which is good, I hear smoking has gone down in numbers.

SYN Black Wolf

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, AB, Canada
Oh we have cigarettes in canada too and let me tell you as a smoker I pay about 13$ a pack of cigarettes and about 10$ of that pack is straight into the governments pocket but again :) it all moot you knwo what they always say there are two things in this life you can't escape death and taxes :D

ZOWNS

Forum Nub
May 16, 2009
Arizona
God, taxes are so unfair, good people who work and actually try in life have to pay for stupid people who are F*** ups. There is some lazy @$$ ladyt hat lives down the street form me on welware with like 9 kids, That's pathetic, ecspecially since she donsen't even try to get a job.

SYN Black Wolf

Carpel Tunnel
Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, AB, Canada
That's abuse of the system but what about those people who have worked hard all their lives and because of Recession now have no way to suppourt there families I mean there are good cases and there are bad cases but I think we should all be in agreement that there needs to be more careful screening process for welfare because I have seen that to women will have 9 kids because the more kids they have the more social welfare gives them its retarded I think child services should take the kids and cut the mothers off personally