Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A SIMPLE SURVEY

Acal

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2007
VA
I propose that every 3-6 months a survey should be given to everyone who is registered to this site. Once one signs in, a message would pop-up (kind of like a PM) and ask you to take a survey. This survey would be completely optional because I don't believe that one should be forced to take a survey.

The survey would be about the XG community.

These are some of the following questions I have thought of to put on the survey (feel free to add):

• What is your rank in Xiled Gaming (Private, Lieutenant, General, etc.)?
  • What do you like about the Xiled Gaming community?
  • What would you like the Xiled Gaming community to improve on?
  • How many times have you posted on the Xiled Gaming website's forums?
  • What do you like about the Xiled Gaming website?
  • What would you improve about the Xiled Gaming website?

After the question, "What is your rank in Xiled Gaming", you would have to click on which rank you are. This is so that people don't enter something random like "Corporal" or "Brigadier". The question also helps because it let's whoever looks at the results of the survey to get an idea of how long a person has been in XG. Because a General's input on the matter of XG would be more important than a Recruit's input because the General would've had more experience in the XG community.

After the question, "How many times have you posted on the Xiled Gaming website's forums", you would have to choose how many times you've posted. For example, one option would be "0-99" another would be "100-199" etc. It would, basically, follow how the ranks work on this website. Forum Nub being the lowest with 0-99 posts and Forum Junkie being the highest with 5,000+ posts. This question is important because the input of a Forum Junkie is more important than the input of a Forum Nub because a Forum Junkie knows more of the features of the website than a Forum Nub because a Forum Nub is just learning the features.

The most important questions, however, are the ones that ask what we can improve on. This would help XG, as a whole, continue to be the best gaming community around.

The results would be read by the Council or the Division Leaders (or both), then the results would be passed on to the Sections Leaders, who would then pass the info. on to the Generals, who would then help improve their clan by bringing it up in the next couple of meetings.

Last edited:

Acal

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2007
VA
You obviously wouldn't read every single one of them, word for word. Besides, not everyone who is registered goes on to this site everyday or every week in the first place. Did you read the part about it being optional? It being optional also lowers the amount of surveys being filled out.

And, incase you didn't realize, all of the surveys wouldn't come in all at once so it would leave the DLs and Council members time to skim through some now and then some later.

Did you read the part about the Council and all of the Division Leaders reading them? If it is divided amongst them, the number of surveys won't be that much per person.

And for this last part, I didn't mention, but the results could be filed into ranks, so if one wanted to see what the Captains were thinking they could sort it by the ones that the Captains filled out. It would work the same for ranks on the forums.

If what I stated above were the case, then, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't mind reading them. Knowing I'd have a good idea about how my members handle their business in the XG community would be enough satisfaction.

Last edited:

Romance

Forum Junkie
Jan 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
Im liking the idea but we already got something like this going on. If you look on someones profile, it
already tells you the number of times they posted. People can already express their ideas through the "Suggestions and Ideas" section. Plus this process separates the nonactive members and the active ones. The active ones take the time to post their ideas on the forum. Like right now I can tell your a dedicated member that wants nothing more but to improve the community's website.

Acal

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2007
VA
If you look on someones profile, it
already tells you the number of times they posted.
It takes way to long to do this for multiple people. I only have that as a question so that it can later be used for sorting purposes.
People can already express their ideas through the "Suggestions and Ideas" section.
Obviously, why else would I of suggested this? The survey wouldn't be designed to suggest something minor. I'm talking about more general things. Also, people in XG also access their forums by going to xgclive.com, koglive.com, and synlive.com. Some people avoid the main forum page by simply clicking XGC Forum, KoG Forum, or Syn Forum located on the left site of the browser. I'm willing to bet that a good number of people don't even know that the "Suggestions and Ideas" forum even exists.
Plus this process separates the nonactive members and the active ones.
What's wrong with that? By doing this we can have the more active users improve the way this site works and possibly make it more visually pleasing so that the non-active members will become more active.

Last edited:

Acal

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2007
VA
Incase I haven't made myself clear in my first post, this survey is also for letting people express how they feel about the clan over Xbox Live. Not just the website.

Acal

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2007
VA
It seems you have thought of everything for this. Maybe you could start it up and do it.

I gladly would, but I wouldn't know where to start. I'm only suggesting it. It's up to whoever has website-adjusting powers to go through with the idea.