Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

September 2019 Game with Fame Interview with XGC BUCS XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC Buffy XD

Get A Life!
Jul 20, 2015
Thornton, Colorado
If you want to learn some more about the Call of Duty playing Division Leader, XGC BUCS XD, read on and find out about his favorite retro game, what he likes in a taco, and all about his partner in crime, Snickers!

What was your very first gamertag?
bucsfan14.

Tell us your Xiled Gaming clan history including when you were recruited and by whom, up to where you are now.
I was recruited in August 2013 by XGC Bootlegger who is no longer in the community. I was recruited into XGC Havoc which was a struggling clan – I made it up to captain before we split into XGC Friction and that is where I became General. I was promoted to XS in November 2015, and then XD in September 2018.

What are a few characteristics that you believe every leader should have?
Patience, good listening skills, and sound decision making.

What advice would you give to someone who wanted to move up into leadership?
Listen to the people above you who are teaching you. Learn from them, even from their mistakes. Have an open mind, not everything is as it appears. Don’t base a decision off what one person says, get all perspectives and sides first.

What has been your most memorable moment in Xiled Gaming, and why?
Being promoted to XD. I initially, when first joining, never thought I’d make it this high. It was almost an unreachable goal in my mind, so when it happened it was an amazing day for me.

What is the one thing you try to stress to all gamers in XG?
Have fun. Get along with each other and keep drama to a minimum, because nothing good comes of people who constantly thrive on drama.

What is your favorite thing about Xiled Gaming?
The friends that I’ve made over the years, and the new friends I meet every day. The diversity we have here.

What game were you recruited on, when joining XG?
Black Ops 2.

Has anything in the community impacted your real life? And vice versa?
I’d say communication, listening to everyone in the community and taking in their viewpoints lets me hear out other people in real life whether it’s personal or professional.

What is your favorite color?
Royal blue.

What is your favorite retro game? (Before Xbox 360 era)
Tetris.

If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would you want to meet?
The person who invented air conditioning, so I could shake their hand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Carrier

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tacos.

Community Questions

How did you come up with the name Snickers? Is it because you have a secret obsession with the chocolate or Snickerdoodles? (from SYN xPiNKx XS)
I came up with the name Snickers because when I got her the color of her coat is like a dark color with kind of a caramel shade to it and her chest is white, so she kind of looked like a Snickers bar.

Who is someone you’ve learned a lot from being in XG? (from SYN xPiNKx XS)
XGC Tantaliz XC.

When you first joined, could you see yourself being in the position you are now? (from SYN xPiNKx XS)
Not at all.

What advice would you give the upcoming leaders? (from SYN xPiNKx XS)
Be patient and open minded. Don’t take everything at face value. Get as much information as possible before making a spur of the moment decision, because they don’t usually work out.

If you could change a stereotype that you feel people have wrong about upper leadership, what would it be? (from XGC M ii M ii C)
Just because we invite you to games or parties, it doesn’t mean you’re in trouble. We’re all gamers at the end of the day, sometimes we just want to get to know people and it’s not about business.

What is the one thing you love most about your position? What is your least favorite? (from XGC M ii M ii C)
I love being in a position to help a lot of people, I’ve’ been through a lot of what people have been through so I have advice for how to get through it and resolve those issues. My least favorite thing is not having as much time to play with lower ranking members, because of spending time with XS’s and Generals to resolve issues that need to be resolved.

How many friends do you have on your friends list? (from from XGC M ii M ii C)

What are your top 5 memories you have in XG? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
1. Making General
2. Making XS
3. Making XD
4. Shots & Rescue
5. Being promoted to semi-leader of the X-Team​

How many Bucs games have you been to? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
Fifteen. The last one was back in 2016. It was versus the Atlanta Falcons.

What is your all-time favorite game? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
Black Ops 2. It’s the game that I played when I first started playing online on Xbox. Or Halo 1, 2 and Reach just for the campaigns.

What is your perfect taco? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
It would be a corn tortilla with marinated steak & chicken, lettuce, sour cream, cheese (regular or Mexican blend), pico de gallo, salsa verde and a lime.

What was the main reason you wanted to move up in leadership? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
Nothing ever made me want to be in leadership, I was kind of coerced into it by my former General. I’ve always had an opinion, so when I’d see something wrong, I’d voice my opinion whether it was good or bad. Each rank I made just kind of happened without me giving it a lot of thought. I think XD was the only rank I ever really tried for. The others, I just did my daily routine and it happened after some time.

What is one of the hardest decisions as a leader that you had to make? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
Having to remove people that I got along with, because they couldn’t follow the rules, and balancing the friendship afterwards.

What was your favorite rank? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
Lieutenant.

If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
I would change the website back.

As a leader what is one thing you would like to see added or changed in the community? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
We see things added every day to the community, so it’s hard to say something specifically I’d like to see added. Things that I think should be changed would be how drama is dealt with in the community, it needs to be handled early to prevent it from becoming larger than it needs to be.

What is one food you cannot live without? (from XGC StoopKid XD)
Pound cake and a cold glass of milk.

What is your favorite beer? (from XGC Mini Me XD)
An open one. If you’re looking for brand, I’d go with Yuengling.

How often does Snickers get her way? (from SYN LadyRebl XS)
Whenever she’s awake.

Does Snickers have her own side of the bed? (from SYN LadyRebl XS)
She doesn’t really need one, she kind of walks wherever she wants, but she mostly likes sleeping on my back or on my head.

If you could make any part of this community better, what would it be and why? How would you make the change happen? (from SYN LadyRebl XS)
I would try to make the upper and lower leadership be able to communicate better and get on the same page. Why – it would alleviate drama and lessen the bitching. What I’ve always tried to do is talk to everyone and make everyone familiar with me and those around me. That way they understand my mindset and don’t see the rank at the end of my tag, just me as a gamer.

Why do you think lower ranking members fear the higher ups so much? (from SYN LadyRebl XS)
History - they feel that usually when a higher up comes into a lower ranking members party, it’s due to an issue. They aren’t used to just having them hit us up for gaming.

What is your favorite inspirational quote? (from SYN LadyRebl XS)
The past is like using your rearview mirror in the car, it’s good to glance back and see how far you’ve come, but if you stare too long you’ll miss what’s right in front of you.

What is a boxing match you would like to see? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
Mini vs Fliggy, live on Mixer.

If you had a choice of 5 people to go to the bar with you from XG, who would it be? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
  1. XGC Tantaliz XC
  2. XGC StoopKid XD
  3. XGC Buffy XD
  4. KoG Devoured XS
  5. KoG Drifdar XD

What’s your favorite band? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
Rise Against.

What is your favorite gaming snack? (from XGC TAURUS XD)
Pistachios.

Stay tuned for October 2019’s Game with Fame and be sure to nominate any XS’s or higher you’d like to see be the Guest of Honor here!
https://www.xiledgaming.com/forum/g...e-with-fame/208618-recommend-a-game-with-fame

Status
Not open for further replies.