Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEWS TEAM APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha Juic3 Baby

XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC BLOOD OATH
Aug 29, 2014
Denver, Colorado
1) Gamer Tag/User Name XGC Juic3 XS
2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)? I've written many papers in my pursuit of my Ph.D..
3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting? I'd prefer to edit than write; however, I will write about members of the community, and about games like Destiny and Anthem. I can also write articles about leadership, ethics and philosophy as well. You name it I can write about it.
4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

Organizational Leadership Personal Philosophy

The philosophical underpinnings of organizational theory offer the opportunity to explore, examine, elucidate, and evaluate my current understanding of Organizational Leadership. “Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal” (Northhouse, 2010 p. 3). The purpose of this paper is to share my current beliefs, assumptions, and understandings of Organizational Leadership. Leadership is a tool organizations use versus management. Managers dictate their employees and leaders use the power of persuasion to influence their employees to do things that they want to do whether it is positive or negative.
Nature of Leadership

According to Bennis, (2009) one person can live in the desert and not need a leader. Two people if truly compatible can live in the desert and not need a leader. However, if there are three or more people, someone would have to lead. Leadership is the guidance of a group; a group without guidance is a group begging to fail. In the society we live in today leadership has fallen beside the waistline. Corporations, governments, and other associations speak of leadership; however, as any individual observes, the world leaders, businessmen, and others are well oiled managers.

References:

Bennis, W. (2009). On Becoming A Leader (20th Anniversary ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Basic Books

Northhouse, P. (2010). Leadership Theory and Practice (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.

Ethics

Ethics is a person’s perspective of right and wrong (Alahmad, 2010). What is right in one person’s eyes is not necessary right in another person’s eyes. The real question is what is right and what is wrong. As a child you were told that it is wrong to hit another individual, though is there instances when this ethical standard is always wrong? The holy bible says “Thou shall not kill,” though is it ethically wrong to kill another human being when faced with death yourself? Alahmad 2010, states that we do not all share the same understanding of right and wrong. Over the world’s history there have been instances where humans have killed other humans and have not had to face punishment. When a leader gives meaning to their environment, animals, and other objects, the relevance of right and wrong can alter from one individual to the next.

Reference:

Alahmad, A. (2010). To Be Ethical Or Not To Be: An International Code of Ethics For Leadership

XGC Karma XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Color Of The Month
Jan 21, 2014
McDonough, Georgia
1) Gamer Tag/User Name XGC Juic3 XS
2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)? I've written many papers in my pursuit of my Ph.D..
3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting? I'd prefer to edit than write; however, I will write about members of the community, and about games like Destiny and Anthem. I can also write articles about leadership, ethics and philosophy as well. You name it I can write about it.
4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.

Organizational Leadership Personal Philosophy

The philosophical underpinnings of organizational theory offer the opportunity to explore, examine, elucidate, and evaluate my current understanding of Organizational Leadership. “Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal” (Northhouse, 2010 p. 3). The purpose of this paper is to share my current beliefs, assumptions, and understandings of Organizational Leadership. Leadership is a tool organizations use versus management. Managers dictate their employees and leaders use the power of persuasion to influence their employees to do things that they want to do whether it is positive or negative.
Nature of Leadership

According to Bennis, (2009) one person can live in the desert and not need a leader. Two people if truly compatible can live in the desert and not need a leader. However, if there are three or more people, someone would have to lead. Leadership is the guidance of a group; a group without guidance is a group begging to fail. In the society we live in today leadership has fallen beside the waistline. Corporations, governments, and other associations speak of leadership; however, as any individual observes, the world leaders, businessmen, and others are well oiled managers.

References:

Bennis, W. (2009). On Becoming A Leader (20th Anniversary ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Basic Books

Northhouse, P. (2010). Leadership Theory and Practice (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.

Ethics

Ethics is a person’s perspective of right and wrong (Alahmad, 2010). What is right in one person’s eyes is not necessary right in another person’s eyes. The real question is what is right and what is wrong. As a child you were told that it is wrong to hit another individual, though is there instances when this ethical standard is always wrong? The holy bible says “Thou shall not kill,” though is it ethically wrong to kill another human being when faced with death yourself? Alahmad 2010, states that we do not all share the same understanding of right and wrong. Over the world’s history there have been instances where humans have killed other humans and have not had to face punishment. When a leader gives meaning to their environment, animals, and other objects, the relevance of right and wrong can alter from one individual to the next.

Reference:

Alahmad, A. (2010). To Be Ethical Or Not To Be: An International Code of Ethics For Leadership

I LOVE the work you have provided here. Let's look at what you can do about Destiny. Write an elaborated article about the up and coming Destiny Update of your choice.

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

Please be extensive with your article like it would be posted on the home page!!

Tha Juic3 Baby

XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC BLOOD OATH
Aug 29, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I LOVE the work you have provided here. Let's look at what you can do about Destiny. Write an elaborated article about the up and coming Destiny Update of your choice.

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

Please be extensive with your article like it would be posted on the home page!!

Destiny 2 Update: Forsaken September 4th 2018

The long overdue DLC of Bungie’s disaster of a game is finally here. Let’s get a few facts straight before I carry on, I love Destiny 2 and I play it daily. I believe if anyone is allowed to talk in a negative way about the game, it’s me. Now let’s move on, Destiny is releasing The Forsaken-on September 4th, 2018. This at one point was rumored to be the Taken Queen update. We and when I say we, avid players of the game knew the game was due an over haul of the Taken King size.

Many knew Prince Uldren would reappear and the reef was bound to unravel. In the past DLC’s we saw the rise and the fall of the cabal, the return of the Hive. However, we saw no Taken. This would no longer be the case as The Forsaken has brought back the Taken and Prince Uldren. Now, what’s surprising is that he is not on our side. Keep in mind when I say we, I’m referring to us as guardians.

It comes to a surprise in a trailer, Prince Uldren is holding Cayde 6’s Ace of Spades hand cannon in his hand as he shoot’s Cayde. Question is Why, would Bungie kill off one of the most iconic members of the game. I mean, could we do without Lord Shaxxy Pooh (damn one horn bastard), maybe not, but to kill off Cayde 6? Geeze Bungie, did the Nathan Fillon ask for too much money, I mean let’s look at it, who saved the chicken in the last DLC, it was Cayde. Who keeps us laughing when the game is a terrible disaster, Cayde does.

This draws a lot of questions and conclusions; however, we won’t spend a lot of time on this as I will review the DLC and break down some interesting points. In the end, Cayde 6 is dead and we will hunt for a new comic savior at the tower.

Let’s talk new supers and game mode. First, the new game mode is called gambit, in gambit, it’s a PVE/PVP game mode. Yes, try and say that in one sentence; go ahead I’ll wait… Ok now that’s out of the way. The game mode will begin with a taunting session, then move right into a Player Versus Everyone (PVE) session. Players will have to pick up motes, where the motes will have needed to be collected and placed in a device which will keep count, for every 5 placed in, a boss will appear on your opponent’s side. This will of course slow them down. What makes it even more interesting is that the boss will get harder and harder the more motes placed in the collector. Now, Bungie through a twist on this, the final boss, is a player from the opposing team, can move over to the opponents’ side and kill their opponents, turning the game from a PVE game mode to a PVP game mode.

Finally, Bungie is introducing 9 new supers. Titan’s will receive; Titan Sentinel’s Code of the Commander, Titan Sunbreaker’s Code of the Devastator, and Titan Strikers code of the Missile. Warlocks will receive; Warlock Voidwalker’s Attunement of Fission, Warlock Stromcaller’s Attunement of Control and Warlock Dawnblade’s Attunement of Grace, finally the Hunter will receive; Hunter Nightstalker Way of the Wrath, Hunter Gunslinger’s Way of a Thousand Cuts, and Hunter ArcStrider’s Way of the Current.

In conclusion, even though the DLC will require a hefty price tag of $80. The statistics of the game is starting to climb as far as players playing the game. I would assume, as for no writer should ever assume, the game is making a comeback. Are there pros and cons to this game, yes as there are with all games out there. I would encourage you to start playing the game now if you do not have the game. This will prepare you for The Forsaken DLC soon to arrive on September 4th 2018.

It’s Tha Juic3 Baby!

XGC Karma XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Color Of The Month
Jan 21, 2014
McDonough, Georgia
Destiny 2 Update: Forsaken September 4th 2018

The long overdue DLC of Bungie’s disaster of a game is finally here. Let’s get a few facts straight before I carry on, I love Destiny 2 and I play it daily. I believe if anyone is allowed to talk in a negative way about the game, it’s me. Now let’s move on, Destiny is releasing The Forsaken-on September 4th, 2018. This at one point was rumored to be the Taken Queen update. We and when I say we, avid players of the game knew the game was due an over haul of the Taken King size.

Many knew Prince Uldren would reappear and the reef was bound to unravel. In the past DLC’s we saw the rise and the fall of the cabal, the return of the Hive. However, we saw no Taken. This would no longer be the case as The Forsaken has brought back the Taken and Prince Uldren. Now, what’s surprising is that he is not on our side. Keep in mind when I say we, I’m referring to us as guardians.

It comes to a surprise in a trailer, Prince Uldren is holding Cayde 6’s Ace of Spades hand cannon in his hand as he shoot’s Cayde. Question is Why, would Bungie kill off one of the most iconic members of the game. I mean, could we do without Lord Shaxxy Pooh (damn one horn bastard), maybe not, but to kill off Cayde 6? Geeze Bungie, did the Nathan Fillon ask for too much money, I mean let’s look at it, who saved the chicken in the last DLC, it was Cayde. Who keeps us laughing when the game is a terrible disaster, Cayde does.

This draws a lot of questions and conclusions; however, we won’t spend a lot of time on this as I will review the DLC and break down some interesting points. In the end, Cayde 6 is dead and we will hunt for a new comic savior at the tower.

Let’s talk new supers and game mode. First, the new game mode is called gambit, in gambit, it’s a PVE/PVP game mode. Yes, try and say that in one sentence; go ahead I’ll wait… Ok now that’s out of the way. The game mode will begin with a taunting session, then move right into a Player Versus Everyone (PVE) session. Players will have to pick up motes, where the motes will have needed to be collected and placed in a device which will keep count, for every 5 placed in, a boss will appear on your opponent’s side. This will of course slow them down. What makes it even more interesting is that the boss will get harder and harder the more motes placed in the collector. Now, Bungie through a twist on this, the final boss, is a player from the opposing team, can move over to the opponents’ side and kill their opponents, turning the game from a PVE game mode to a PVP game mode.

Finally, Bungie is introducing 9 new supers. Titan’s will receive; Titan Sentinel’s Code of the Commander, Titan Sunbreaker’s Code of the Devastator, and Titan Strikers code of the Missile. Warlocks will receive; Warlock Voidwalker’s Attunement of Fission, Warlock Stromcaller’s Attunement of Control and Warlock Dawnblade’s Attunement of Grace, finally the Hunter will receive; Hunter Nightstalker Way of the Wrath, Hunter Gunslinger’s Way of a Thousand Cuts, and Hunter ArcStrider’s Way of the Current.

In conclusion, even though the DLC will require a hefty price tag of $80. The statistics of the game is starting to climb as far as players playing the game. I would assume, as for no writer should ever assume, the game is making a comeback. Are there pros and cons to this game, yes as there are with all games out there. I would encourage you to start playing the game now if you do not have the game. This will prepare you for The Forsaken DLC soon to arrive on September 4th 2018.

It’s Tha Juic3 Baby!

This application is Approved. Please attend the Open House on Wednesday, July 11th. You will also be added to the News Team Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.