Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEWS TEAM APPLICATION- FEMIOXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femioxi

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
Massachusetts
1) Gamer Tag/User Name- Femioxi
2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?- won a writing contest in my school, also poem writing contest
3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?- interested in Members of the community and games
4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.-

Left For Dead was released November 17th, 2018. Like many other people it was the first game i ever played, i instantly fell in love with gaming. If you're unfamiliar with Left For Dead it is a zombie killing game. Published b Valve Corporation it was a very popular game, so popular they game out with Left For Dead 2. Left For Dead 2 came out a year later to the day, it was bigger and better than the first one with more guns and weapons to kill all the different kinds of zombies. They have not came out with anymore yet, but they did make them backwards compatible for the xbox one and it was a childhood dream come true for me!
- Femioxi
sources- www.valvesoftware.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Freya Hildr

XG CONTRIBUTER
Jan 14, 2017
Valhalla
2) Any writing experience that you may have (it’s okay if you have none)?- won a writing contest in my school, also poem writing contest
3) What type of news are you interested in sharing or reporting?- interested in Members of the community and games
4) Based on your interests for the News Team, please submit a sample of an article.-

Left For Dead was released November 17th, 2018. Like many other people it was the first game i ever played, i instantly fell in love with gaming. If you're unfamiliar with Left For Dead it is a zombie killing game. Published b Valve Corporation it was a very popular game, so popular they game out with Left For Dead 2. Left For Dead 2 came out a year later to the day, it was bigger and better than the first one with more guns and weapons to kill all the different kinds of zombies. They have not came out with anymore yet, but they did make them backwards compatible for the xbox one and it was a childhood dream come true for me!
- Femioxi

This looks pretty good but could you do one more game review article? Try to be a bit more detail oriented on how the game works and if there are more than one modes. You can use the same game.

Femioxi

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
Massachusetts
Black Ops II was released November 12, 2012. The developer of the game is Treyarch. Black Ops II was released two years after the original black ops which was also developed by Treyarch, with the help of Raven Software and n-space. Black Ops II comes with multiplayer as well as zombies. Personally i love the zombies. In the multiplayer mode it has core, hardcore, and featured. With a tone of different game modes like team death match, search and destroy, domination, ect. For core game modes you have 100% health and if you get shot and don't die your health regenerates. Now hardcore is a little different and as some would put it a little more "difficult". In hardcore game modes your health is at 30% as well as your health doesn't regenerate. The game also has a mode called League Play which is a ranked game mode which is all core playing. Its certain game modes and certain maps in which you play and compete to move up in the charts of the league play ranks. Black Ops II also has four DLC maps which comes with more maps for multiplayer and zombies! In my opinion it is a great game. There is enough on the game to have endless hours of fun without getting bored!
-Femioxi

XGC Karma XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Color Of The Month
Jan 21, 2014
McDonough, Georgia

- Femioxi
Sorry about the long wait on your application. We have been working on some things on the News Team.

Are you still interested in joining the News Team?

Femioxi

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
Massachusetts
What do you have in mind that you would like to do for the team?

I really enjoy writing, I like interviewing and asking people questions. Getting to know them then writing something great on them. I also won’t multiple writing competitions when i was in school! So anything really ☺️

XGC Karma XC

INACTIVE LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
Color Of The Month
Jan 21, 2014
McDonough, Georgia
I really enjoy writing, I like interviewing and asking people questions. Getting to know them then writing something great on them. I also won’t multiple writing competitions when i was in school! So anything really ☺️

Awesome! I'll give you two promps of your choice. Write about either of the following:

1) An interview on one of the members in your clan, create it like you would if you were writing one for the homepage!!

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of eye catching sources! (i.e colors, pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

Or...

2) A social media article to reflect activities(i.e tournaments, game night, review of the "Big" meeting on Mixer, or anything that YOU have in mind) in the community. Please be extensive and detailed like you were posting to represent our community on social media!!

Key Findings:
- Organization
- Quality of information
- Proper usage of words
- Proper grammar
- Usage of other eye catching sources! (i.e pictures, quotes, songs, etc..)

**NOTE**
1) Any information that is not created by yourself HAS to be cited just like in school!! If any of the information is plagiarized, it is against the Form Rules and Guidelines (which you can find >HERE<) and will be an automatic denial to the News Team FOR GOOD!!

- What is plagiarism? Find out >HERE<

- How do I cite sources? Click >HERE<

2) The time line to complete this is completely up to your discretion. However, for application purposes, 4 weeks is the maximum time frame that it is expected to be completed for the application process.

3) If you are accepted onto the News Team, we will post what you write here as one of your first piece of works! So, this is not all for nothing!!

4) Have FUN!! This is a fun and entertaining way to help out the community. If you have any questions or concerns about anything News Team related, I am more than happy to assist you!

Femioxi

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
Massachusetts
Exiled Gaming Girls is a big part in our community. It allows all of the girls in the community to get to know one another, game, and have fun. When I first joined SYN XGC helped me a lot for being a gamer girl. Being a gamer girl you get harassed, told you suck, and what not, so it’s great having a part of the community where it’s just girls who know your pain. In XGC you feel so welcomed and loved. XGC has its own game nights where just girls are allowed, or they have game nights where ya boys vs girls in the community. If you’re a girl in the community and haven’t heard of XGC you’re not missing out, and should ask your leadership about it. Join it, love it, learn from it.

G

Exiled Gaming Girls is a big part in our community. It allows all of the girls in the community to get to know one another, game, and have fun. When I first joined SYN XGC helped me a lot for being a gamer girl. Being a gamer girl you get harassed, told you suck, and what not, so it’s great having a part of the community where it’s just girls who know your pain. In XGC you feel so welcomed and loved. XGC has its own game nights where just girls are allowed, or they have game nights where ya boys vs girls in the community. If you’re a girl in the community and haven’t heard of XGC you’re not missing out, and should ask your leadership about it. Join it, love it, learn from it.

I like what you have done with the Social Media article. However, you need to proof read this again as you have some spelling and grammatical errors within the article.

Let me know when you are finished with your next edit.

XGC Tant XD

DIVISION LEADER
XG CONTRIBUTER
XGC Pantheon
XGC Ragnarok
XGC BLOOD OATH
XGC APOCALYPSE
May 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
This member is no longer in the community. This application is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.