Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEED SOME VIEWS ABOUT JOINING THE NAVY.

KoG Jehuty

Carpel Tunnel
Dec 6, 2010
Deland, Florida
www.youtube.com
Basically my life isn't going far at the moment so my grandfather recommended joining the armed forces. The thought had never crossed my mind before but when I started to think about it, I could see myself doing it in the future. There have been a lot of things pushing me towards joining considering my step-father said I should join after I get a thousand dollars for emergency and I had received a thousand dollars that day. I have also been seeing a lot of Navy advertisements ( alot more than normal which I find odd) so perhaps fate might have me joining. I would like anybody who has joined the Navy to tell me everything they can about it. I have not chosen to sign up yet so I need everybody's opinion on this.

x1776

Forum Junkie
Jul 4, 2011
Wyoming
www.facebook.com
I can't speak about the Navy, but i will that that joining the armed forces is a great thing. There will always be good and bad days, as well as leadership, which makes your location good or bad. The first thing i would go do is study for the ASVAB so you can get a higher score so you can pick from more job openings.

Gus3300

Forum Nub
Jan 21, 2007
Miami, Florida
The fact that you are taking initiative to do something productive with your life is a great thing. Just make sure you have plans on where to land AFTER your services have finished. You wouldn't want to end up in the same place you are right now.

Also..

I have also been seeing a lot of Navy advertisements ( alot more than normal which I find odd) so perhaps fate might have me joining.

Please don't take this the wrong way; but don't base a decision on this. This is just coincidence. Since joining the service is on your mind now, your unconscious is most likely just picking up on these sort of things more often than before. It has nothing to do with fate.

Apart from this, it's a good idea and I would encourage it.

PS: Everyone I know that has joined the forces say they're having a GREAT time.

PSS: I greatly thank you for having the courage to risk so much for the rest of us. It's definitely an honorable thing to do.

XGC 1 Actual

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Hey brother, enlisting in the US Marine Corps was the best decision I made. You are Prolly clear on how.much.is involved with enlisting and the pros and cons you hear. Let me just say the pros purest the cons. Some things will suck, but guess what? Life is what you make of it, I promise. Finally, as for which branch to choose, go to each and see what each can offer you. Obviously, you will have to take the ASVAB test first, but this doesn't commit you to the military, just helps them qualify you for specific jobs. Good luck and don't hold back, you will regret it.. take that advise from experience please.

The 1 Mr E

Banned
Mar 29, 2010
California
I got 8 years Navy service, and im in my 5th year of Army service. I had a great time in the Navy and bad times as well, the rates ar 50/50. Your going to find the same pros and cons in EVERY branch. Just like in any job in the civilian world. However I suggest you go for a job in the military that would help you in the civilian life when you decide to not reenlist (by choice or by retirment). There are a lot of things they dont tell you. For instance, just because you went to school in the military to become an aircraft mechanic (thats what i choose to do in the Navy) doesnt mean when you get out you can just pick up a job at an airport. You still need to go to AMP (airframes and power plants) school for the civilian certification, I didnt know that, found out the hard way. Just because you go to school to be Military Police DOES NOT ensure that you can land a job as a cop back home, you have to go through a civialin Police Academy. You need to not only look into what you want to do in the military, but what is going to benifit you when you get out.
Now I am currently an engineer with the US Army. I can still barely find a decent job in the civie world.
If you want to know more, hit me up on the xbox, Ill closed party chat with you and tell you what I know and what ive learned. Im sure some of the other guys wouldnt mind joining in as well.
E

XGC Orphan

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 10, 2012
im sorry i just gotta come out and say it.....dont do it!!! but then again thats what i was told and im in the army i have no idea how the navy works but i know i cant be out there at sea for long periods of time

x1776

Forum Junkie
Jul 4, 2011
Wyoming
www.facebook.com
that whole out at sea for a long time doesnt apply if you are a seebee.. and you will learn to say yes and idolize your officers in the Navy (from my experience on my last deployment).

not everyone in the Navy is always in the sea on on a boat lol

UnDeadDad69

Forum Nerd
Dec 28, 2011
I am from 4 generations of military. everyone in my immediate family was in the military. even my sister was in reg army for 8 years. This is what my father told me. if you can learn to deal with the bull**** you'll do fine. I'm not much for the BS. I got out after 8. It is a wonderful maturing experience. you learn how to work with people. for people and they are from all over. all backgrounds. I grew up when I went in. you learn how to be held responsible. you learn a trade that will be useful latter on in life. the see bees. awesome choice. you'll be building things and destroying what you built all while being shot at. good times. I was a machinist mate aboard a submarine. a boomer. so I was out for three months then in an office for three. usually got into trouble while in. while out at sea you are treated by how good a sailor you are. how well you do your job, in office it is all protocol. I would smart off to new ensign and get into trouble. a thought for you.
if your 20 yo. do 20. during that time save all you can. they will house you feed you and clothe you. you think you could save a 1000.00 a month. that is 240,000.00 invest it and your set get out start second career while drawing retirement with your medical bills being payed for life. its difficult due to you'll meet some sweet thing and will want to spend your money on her. tell her your plan .if she cares she will get on board.
just a thought.
when I got out I had 52000.00. 33 was invested.
if you have any questions about the navy send me a email.
it is what you make it.
good luck

Last edited:

XGC Wasted

Forum Veteran
Aug 28, 2012
Ringgold GA
Make sure that you pick a job that you are sure you want to do but know serving is a great honor and decisions shouldn't be made lightly. Good luck on your future endeavors.