Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BIG PROBLEM

o SAINT o

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Waterville, ME.
There is too much bandwidth in the forums!!! This is due to the fact that there is no limit to how many signatures you can have. I have come to see that on average people have roughly three sigs. It takes pretty much the entire computer screen (17inches I think) to read a single sentenced size 12 font post. That is absurd. THE IDEA OF A SIGNATURE IS ONE, UNIQUE MARK THAT YOU LEAVE AT THE END OF A STATEMENT, NOT 2,3,4, OR EVEN 5.

Now back to the problem, all of this excessive bandwidth due to the limitless signature application is leading to SLOWER FORUMS. I don't know about you guys, but when I first registered here when the site was created, it was lightning fast (no joke). But now it seems to take much longer to access the forums, threads and posts.

THERE IS A SOLUTION!!! The council and other admins of the site need to put a signature limit on the forums. They can do this by seeing on average how much bandwidth a normal signature takes up and limiting that amount of bandwidth to everyones signature application in their profile.

Xiled Gaming is growing. As our community grows, so will the forums. The problem needs to stop now before it gets any worse. I am on a fast computer with a T3 connection, it is still slow, even for me.

Thanks,

-wade

ContractKiller

Forum Noob
Jan 19, 2007
Cali.
I have problems loading the forums sometimes it's not because I have slow DSL I found the problem was a combination of 2 problems my firewall and and internet explorer some information wasn't getting thought the firewall and the IE was causing a lot of errors. I use firefox 2 now and turn my firewall on low and don't have any more problems. The problem cant just be the sigs alone and your asking a lot of the The council and other admins to make limits and $h#t when you haven't seen the whole picture I'm not saying it is but maybe you should check to see if the problem isn't on your side of the comp I did and made the fix and all is cool.

o SAINT o

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Waterville, ME.
Well, i'll look into that. But same computer since they created this site, at first it loaded fast, now it loads slow. Its not too much to ask the council to limit the signatures you can have, I have managed forums before, if your an admin you canlimit the bandwidth allowed in a signature with a few clicks of a button.

XGC Zealot XL

Forum Star
Dec 4, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I agree with Saint.
Now I know that sounds hypocritical because my sig isn't at all tiny but,
if there was a limit, I would stay within it.

Even if I take my sig away all together, right now it would make no difference. '
I thing a bandwidth cap is an excellent idea.

S

SYN Corona

Sorry to be so blunt, but of course they were faster when the site was new, there were only a few members. Now we are well over 5,000 registered members already, numerous threads and so forth. Sigs aren't hurting it as bad as all those members are. I believe there is a limit already as is. But yea, just keep in mind that a site with 3 registered members will always be faster then one with over 5,000!

KoG DeadMan

Forum Star
Nov 13, 2006
Kansas
For the past week I have been monitoring a lot of Statistics this is what we get for the past month.

This is how many people come to the site everyday. This come out to be about 500 different people everyday and by the looks it keeps growing.

attachment.php

This is how many different people register on the site everyday. We gain about 60-70 new people everyday and most likely it will keep on growing.

attachment.php

We will try to find ways to please all people that use this site but in all reality it will be extremely hard. These are not the only stats we are going off of but this is some quick info I decide to share with you. I hope you guys understand we are trying are best so.

ContractKiller

Forum Noob
Jan 19, 2007
Cali.
I just realized another problem that might add to the lag that saint and others are experiencing. XGC is getting a lot of new members everyday according to the statistics Deadman has shown above but how many profiles are on the server which belong to banned member, inactive profiles (longer than 6 months), multiple profiles for the same person (which I see a lot) maybe these should be looked in to as well and stop using the sigs as a scapegoat.

Limits are good just make them reasonable!

KoG ST3ALTH

Forum Junkie
Jan 14, 2007
US
I don't know that much but i agree that your sig should be one thing, but i like all of mine :) lol i was thinking about taking mine away to make it just one but if there was a limit I'd understand but I don't know if I'd want it. lawl.

Mister Rinzler

Forum Junkie
Dec 2, 2006
San Antonio, TX
www.myspace.com
we should have at least 1 or 2 (your sig and maybe the stats.) sig at the bottom. yea i have 3, and i'm fixing to take them off to help out. whomever is in charge of the site should post a MASS message calling for everyone to check cut there sigs down to 1. OR we can at least get rid of the people with the same account, and or inactive members who have been booted or... and we should also put an ip ban on them so they can't come back and register as someone else.

that would also be a good idea with clan hitters, if they get banned from the site and can't post it'll let us know that something happened with that person.

i don't think that made sense.. i'll write something with more sense later.