Welcome to Xiled Gaming
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MY PET PEEVE

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
With the underpants gnomes
Smokers

Not that they smoke, but smokers get to take 5-10 minutes per hour to go and do nothing but kill their lungs. As a non-smoker, if I were to stand outside every hour not doing anything I'd be criticized and called lazy by my coworkers. Is this fair? Should I take up smoking so that I too can enjoy a "do nothing time" every hour?

ChangeOfMandate

Forum Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Wellington, Ohio
Well, you have to remember. Alot of people, smoke out of habit, or from stress, or from nicotine addiction. Not always a choice, and it's hard to overestimate the difficulty of kicking habits.

It'd be like telling you, never to play XBox or get on the computer again.

Though, I agree, I severely dislike smokers. They always puff in my damned face.

Wicked 7

XG CONTRIBUTER
Lol sry i urban i think u missed the point lol neither of us dislike smokers but he was pointing out that when at work smokers are allowed to take 5 min breaks every hour to smoke. If a nonsmoker takes the same breaks we are considered lazy because we stand around for 5 min out of every hour lol

edicius13HAHA

Forum Junkie
Nov 20, 2009
new Mexico
BLAH

blah

being the only person working while 5 others sit on their *** concerns me

Why should they be rewarded with upwards of an hour of free time every day for trying to get cancer? I don't get it

i never take cigarette breaks at work, mostly because i only smoke if i'm drinking otherwise cigarettes are nasty to me, 1 step closer to quiting lol

anyways, that seems pretty childish to me, it's like breaking your friends xbox because you didnt get one

if some one is getting away with something, enjoying themselves and most importantly not doing anything to you ... it's pretty childish to get upset about or try and take away whatever it is they have just because you dont, unless you benefit from it

ehh but that's just my opinion, to each their own

Wicked 7

XG CONTRIBUTER
What hes pointing out tho edicus is that for example say you work in fast food. How is it even remotely fair for a non smoker to have to make all the food for 5-10 min because someone else has to smoke. Thats like saying ok so since you arent trying to kill yourself early were going to work you harder than everyone else because you have no reason to go stand outside for 10 minutes.

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
i never take cigarette breaks at work, mostly because i only smoke if i'm drinking otherwise cigarettes are nasty to me, 1 step closer to quiting lol

anyways, that seems pretty childish to me, it's like breaking your friends xbox because you didnt get one

if some one is getting away with something, enjoying themselves and most importantly not doing anything to you ... it's pretty childish to get upset about or try and take away whatever it is they have just because you dont, unless you benefit from it

ehh but that's just my opinion, to each their own

If I took a 5-10 minute "fresh air break" every hour I'd be laughed at and criticized.

Gingersaurus

XG CONTRIBUTER
Apr 7, 2008
I smoke at work for 2 reasons:

1. I hate being stuck in a small office with my stupid manager
2. Being stuck in a small office with a stupid manager stresses me out

I think edicius is missing the point you two are making, but I get it. It just happens to be an advantage for me

ChangeOfMandate

Forum Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Wellington, Ohio
Lol sry i urban i think u missed the point lol neither of us dislike smokers but he was pointing out that when at work smokers are allowed to take 5 min breaks every hour to smoke. If a nonsmoker takes the same breaks we are considered lazy because we stand around for 5 min out of every hour lol

Hah, oh.

Gotcha'.

Still dislike'em though. XD

XGC Coleslaw XI

Council Member
XG CONTRIBUTER
X-TEAM
XGC KINGS
Jan 1, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.xiledgaming.com
i don't know what you guys weigh, but (i used to work at burger king) i used to take "fat kid" breaks, and chow on some chicken tenders instead of smoking... it's not fair that smokers get extra breaks, work is just as stressful on everyone regardless of your habits... or just tell your boss you need a smoke break, but don't smoke... or buy a pack of matches and light one every now and then (a big box of wood stick matches are pretty cheap at wal-mart/target)

Jangles

XG CONTRIBUTER
Dec 11, 2006
i don't know what you guys weigh, but (i used to work at burger king) i used to take "fat kid" breaks, and chow on some chicken tenders instead of smoking... it's not fair that smokers get extra breaks, work is just as stressful on everyone regardless of your habits... or just tell your boss you need a smoke break, but don't smoke... or buy a pack of matches and light one every now and then (a big box of wood stick matches are pretty cheap at wal-mart/target)

I don't want to lie about it

I also don't want to feel bad for doing it. I clean cars for a rental car company and before I can clean them the rental agents have to check them for damage. Several times today I had to stand their waiting for them to finish smoking before I could do my job